Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone miss being a kid?

dmartinationdmartination Member Posts: 25
I am almost 20 and I am really missing my childhood. MMORPGS were a big part of it and I really miss them. Now a days they are no fun. I hop to mmorpgs faster than i can finish eating dinner. Jagex even released a 2007 server of there game. I was a huge runescape gamer at point and that is not even fun anymore. I really miss when mmorpgs miss were fun and I enjoyed them. I also miss when MMORPGS came out and they werent all failures. Who else wishes they could go back in time??

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Sometimes i miss not having the responsibility I have today. Bills bills and more bills. Working 70 hours or more a week on average.

I was an adult when MMOs came out so that is not a deciding factor.

however I do love sex, and wouldn't want to go back to not having it.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

What the hell no lol..

1. No school

2. can do waht i want when i want

3. no set bed time LOL

4. I can drink as much beer as i want when i want

5. I can now drive and i love driving

6. I still play games.. sure MMORPGs these days all seem to be theme park clones but saying that over the next few years it looks like that will change.

7. Sex

many many many other things that i could not do as a kid haha

So no dont miss it one bit and im 32 now..

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    I didn't change, the games did
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Yes... my childhood years were the best years of my life by far, I enjoyed everything more and I did more...all while being worry free, how the times have changed.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

if i miss not having my own money?

not being able to do anything alone, without asking my parents?

if i miss having no rights?

naaa, not at all dude.

uh, and you are 20? basically you are still a kid ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Thane

if i miss not having my own money?

not being able to do anything alone, without asking my parents?

if i miss having no rights?

naaa, not at all dude.

You forgot "awkward around gurlz" and "more comfortable with physics", assuming you were shooting for the Complete Nerd Package.

So yeah, kid had it's bad points.

But so does blood pressure medication and proctologist appointments :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    The only part of being a kid I miss is the lack of responsibility.  Overall, no.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Don't miss being a kid. Still a kid at heart and yes still love gaming.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Kinda do, things being easier and all that... not knowing how to calculate the volume of 3-dimensional object of unknown shape using a triple integral was blissful XD

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Nope. I like knowing things and making informed decisions.
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    The only thing I miss about being a kid is that I wasnt as physically wrecked as I am now and I could heal faster.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I miss school holidays, you don't get enough once you start regular employment.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the only thing i miss from my childhood is going to the wilds with my brother an his friends hunting birds with slingshots to take home and cook them when my parents were at work lol. Going to all the rivers out of my hometown on a horse. Stealing mangos and coconuts from some random fields outside of town and being chased by the random old man taking care of the field  hehe. And playing mortal kombat for the first time on my brothers genesis when my mom was not home lol.

i do miss those times, but i will never want to go back. Adult life can be delicious in its own ways. Oh yes.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I don't miss being a kid at all.  Some of us had really shitty lives as children.  I couldn't even conceive of getting a computer or playing games for more than 2-3 hours a week until I left home, let alone play MMOs.  Even if I could, when your family is deciding which utility they should do without from one month to the next, playing online video games becomes an impossible fantasy.

So no, I don't miss it.  Be thankful to your parents for providing you with a good enough life that you can relate to other gamers.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Sorry, all due respect, but at 20 you still are a kid.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Yeah, a little bit.  Thinking back to junior year of college.  Parents paid for school and all spending money. (although was limited to 10.00/wk)

All I had to worry about was going to class and getting decent grades, drinking far too much and chasing tail. (all sexually transmitted diseases were curable and non-fatal as well).  Pot was almost legal or overlooked (big regression on that in the 80's and 90's) and life was about as carefree as it could get.

Only thing missing was computer games, which arrived the following year on the schools mainframe computers in the form of a Star Trek game.  (Arcade games had arrived in the form of Space invaders and some others)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    My childhood was practically dictated by video games.  They took off right around the time I was in 2nd or 3rd grade.  I found a random wad of $20 bills in a parking lot that added up to $160 and I got to keep it all...First thing I did was go to the game store and buy an Atari 2600 and the games River Raid and Warlords and Combat and Pitfall to name a few.  I had a couple good years with the Atari and countless hours of fun.  Then around the 5th grade we (me and my brothers) got a Nintendo for Christmas (even though my Dad threatened to take it back after some trouble we got in to.)  Talk about upping your game!  Super Mario Bros, Punch out, Final Fantasy, Zelda...plus countless other games.  It was even better then the Atari and me and my friends traded games and gamed all the time.  It was pure bliss and obssession.  This is when I started playing RPGs and got obsessed with them.  I also got into DnD around this time also.  Of course games evolved as I grew older and they constantly got better until the past 10 years. Now most games suck and I don't game nearly as much as I used to but I still love gaming.  It was just more fun when I was a kid.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Rather the age of a late teenager or early twen than beeing a kid....but at the end as kid or in the mentioned age..the feel of time  and beeing alive seems almost endless and really slow. But loosing the inner kid is a loss for sure, the older you get the higher the risk due to the pressure of our society and the changed living conditions.

Iam for sure not missing computer games as a kid, teen or early twen even we played games somtimes... but, we did spent our time rather with friends or more outside. 

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Yes i miss my childhood when it comes to computers, because there was none.

People had so mutch more standing and a better moral and honesty then nowadays, were we talk about crowdmilking for example.

Ill never forget the first virtual chatroom with real characters that could walk !

That was on Amiga ofcause, intel PCs have not been that intelligent before ^^

So my first MMORPG was the BBS modem dialup stuff, later via telnet.

The linux kernel 0.96 compiled 3 days on my Amiga, the installation of that RedHat was another 3 days.

Then i had a RedHat running Amiga what was incredible slow, lol.

Cool times, cool games :)

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Caldrin

What the hell no lol..

1. No school

3. no set bed time LOL

6. I still play games.. sure MMORPGs these days all seem to be theme park clones but saying that over the next few years it looks like that will change.

7. Sex

Sex is only 7th???

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    One has to remember being a kid first image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

How old are you, 100 ? hehe 

I remember my first school day and what we did in class, actually we were painting.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by spizz
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

How old are you, 100 ? hehe 

I remember my first school day and what we did in class, actually we were painting.

Childhood can be blocked out by trama.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

Well, i loved gaming alot when i was younger, i am 23 now and im starting to get bored of gaming REALLY badly..

And i just F*cking spend 2.1k euro on a new setup lol.

I try too hard to like a game, but i just spend 30min playing, bored, next game, 30min, bored and so on.

Stupid aging process :(

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Caldrin

What the hell no lol..

1. No school

3. no set bed time LOL

7. Sex

8. Don't have to eat my vegetables if I don't want to.

9. No sharing room with a younger sibling who is annoying as hell.

10. Go back and re-read 7!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...