Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Dark Age of Camelot: Wayback Wednesday with DAOC

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This week's Wayback Wednesday features another terrific trip into the realms of Dark Age of Camelot. During this event, Rob was joined by Associate Producer Talal Saad, and Game Designer John Thornhill, all of whom have finally made it to Molvik. See what adventures awaited and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Starting last month Talal is no longer playing with the group but spending all of his time focusing on answering viewer questions. Due to the recent announcement of the Playstation 4 and the fact that DAoC is now hosted in the cloud on Amazon’s servers I asked Talal if we could possibly see DAoC make its way to the console. The answer to that was no. Now on from the silly questions to some of the more serious topics.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Dark Age of Camelot: Wayback Wednesday with DAOC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RuppichRuppich Member UncommonPosts: 29

sniff.

the good old days.

200 hibs vs 150 mids Relic Raid and the damn albs adding into the flanks :)

doing this with an isdn flatrate haha

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by Ruppich

sniff.

the good old days.

200 hibs vs 150 mids Relic Raid and the damn albs adding into the flanks :)

doing this with an isdn flatrate haha

Indeed, fond memories there for sure (minus the horribad connection).  image

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    DAOC = the GREATEST REALM vs REALM moog ever made.
  • Card_DAoCCard_DAoC Member UncommonPosts: 3

Appreciate the mention Grak :)

My favorite realm is Hibernia. While I would like to say the reason behind this is Lurikeens, the realm as a whole has some great lore behind. Celtic lore has awlays been a fascination of mine, and the twist that DAoC puts on it makes it even better. From the Siabra, Empyrean, and Leprechauns, Curmudgeons and Unseelie, the lore here has been awesome, and a fantastic adventure to be a part of.

Most of all, the people that used to be in Hibernia back on the roleplaying servers were some of the nicest people you could meet. Over the years of playing sctrictly Hibernia I got to know many people from around the world and call them friend. I have seen some pass away, never to play DAoC again, and while these people were miles away, I found myself deeply saddened. Some of the people you meet in MMOs can become like family, especially if you play with them for a very long time.

Hibernia will always hold a special place in my heart. And I really just love Lurikeens :)

• HolygooseHolygoose Member Posts: 1

My favorite realm is Albion. Why ? Eh, because it's my first realm obviously. This is where I had the most fun back in 2004'. I remember leveling in Avalon city with some friends, where the pallys impressed everyone by pulling tons of mobs and so on,  in short the old school leveling !

I've always been fascinated by the Arthur legend, so Albion was an obvious choice for me, I still remember how I kept getting lost in camelot :)

Plus, my favorite class is definitely the reaver, I just love it since the start.

Thinking of Albion bring me back some good old memories, with friends I have met there, playing for hours. I think this is something I won't ever find again.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Card_DAoC

Appreciate the mention Grak :)

My favorite realm is Hibernia. While I would like to say the reason behind this is Lurikeens, the realm as a whole has some great lore behind. Celtic lore has awlays been a fascination of mine, and the twist that DAoC puts on it makes it even better. From the Siabra, Empyrean, and Leprechauns, Curmudgeons and Unseelie, the lore here has been awesome, and a fantastic adventure to be a part of.

Most of all, the people that used to be in Hibernia back on the roleplaying servers were some of the nicest people you could meet. Over the years of playing sctrictly Hibernia I got to know many people from around the world and call them friend. I have seen some pass away, never to play DAoC again, and while these people were miles away, I found myself deeply saddened. Some of the people you meet in MMOs can become like family, especially if you play with them for a very long time.

Hibernia will always hold a special place in my heart. And I really just love Lurikeens :)

Ditto this whole post.

Percival and Hibernia were my home in a fairly real sense for a long time.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!