It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well I started playing back in August-september of 2012. Initially I felt at a disadvantage people were already full 10.4 geared and there I was at ql 1-5 greens.
I found the fastest way to level up was a combination of fusang PvP (getting insane XP for your level) or doing normal dungeons. The storyline missions were very very fast xp too, also almost all missions can be repeated as can dungeons for xp.
After 1 week of doing missions, normal dungeons and some PvP (which I got destroyed in lol) I was near ql10 green. I joined a PvE cabal theres lots of great cabals recruiting new players I joined Wasted Dayz which is a multifaction cabal (so anyone can join them) and they are a huge PvE cabal.
I completed all the elites in a matter of 2-3 days some I pugged with randoms they weren't that much harder than normal and some my new cabal helped me with. I then spent a fun 10 hours beating the gatekeeper so I could go to nightmares. By this time I was near full ql10 blue from just doing each elite once. I had 40% of the wheel complete.
I started pugging beginner NMs. I looked over the guides on unfair.co for each NM nad each boss as a DPS. I'd recommend you get AR / Shotty, AR / Pistol or Shotgun/Pistol for DPS. After doing polaris, HR, DW about 3 times each I had near full purple gear ql10.0-10.2 it was my 2nd week of playing so I was pretty amazed at how fast the gear grind is (since each boss drops ql10.0-10.2 gear, doing 3 dungeons 3x = 18 pieces of purple gear. I just need on everything lol.
Anyways I learned the wait as a DPS to get into random PUG teams was long. There is a DIRE NEED FOR TANKS in PVE you can always get into Nightmares constantly so I learned the tanking role. It was actually very easy to do the first three NMs you only need about 8000 HP, 1100 AR, and 600 block. I was getting good at tanking and getting into NMs instnatly. In a matter of 3-4 more weeks of just doing Nightmares I was at full 10.4/10.4 gear (MAX GEAR). It wa sonly my 6th week playing and my ./played was around 6-7 days.
I then turned my attention to PvP. I had heard bad things about PvP in this game and I had done PvP early on. I did get owned but the problem with my builds earlier when I thought more like a DPS was I would make glass cannon builds and get 1-2 hit. Now that I was used to tanking I made a build with block and defense. And I have to say it was amazing. I felt nearly invincible. I quickly acquired 10,000 kills and moved up all the leader boards rather fast. I made some good friends with the templars especailly on Daemon.
Then the Raid came out. The first 2 weeks we couldn't beat it (usually the DPS fault, tanking the raid is easy you can do it in ql10.0 blues) but eventually everyone got their stuff together and now we do the raid every 3 days.
Eventually we formed a PvP Cabal called Primal Instinct and recruiting some other PvPers / Endgamers and the games been fun ever since.
So what does this game have that other games dont have:
1.) Sweet graphics
2.) Healthy Population >300,000 people playing this game
3.) NO CLASSES:
- This has to be one of hte best thigns for both pvp and pve. First of all there is no reason for alts in this game. You can heal one day, dps the next and tank the next. Its fun and adds more variability to gameplay. Its nice to learn new roles and experience new things in game. Its also GREAT for PvP theres OP builds because if people think something is OP they can just use it, but every build has a counter build in this game. Teamplay is grealy encouraged and this game has an amazing synergy system.
- One example of synergy is that healers in PVP should not go Fist/Blood for example. Sure that may sound beneficial to the healer to have cold blooded and fist HOTS/Empowerement but its more beneficial to the team for him to go fist/shotgun (for cleanup, breach, flak jacket) or Fist/DA for (win-win, Deadly Aim).
- These are things that you need to think of when you join PvP instances, and owPVP matches.
4.) Fantasic PvP experience. Early on this game sucked for PvP it had broken instances only 1 was working at a time. Population was low.
- I have to say with 1.5 a lot changed, They fixed all instances now there are 3+ PvP instances (capture the flag, king of the hill, persistant Fusang (which is like colony zone in KE or DAoC RvR)
- There also is cabal ladder and monthy duel contests with rewards
5.) PvE endgame
- Endgame there are 8 dungeons, 1 raid, and 9 Lairs. All are endgame content. After Lairs there are regional bosses which give sick rewards but take 10+ people to kill. Coming in patch 1.7 they are adding 2nd Raid, a World boss and a new map with new missions and such.
6.) PvP content thats coming
- There are two PvP contents coming that they are working on prob will be here 1.8 patch
1.) Open World PvP event, factions will need to defend relics in huge RvRvR type PvP
2.) The PvP dungeon they have been working on for a few months. Joel said its coming soon so can't wait hoepfully it will be like Tara in AO!
7.) Most of all something I look at is this is a NEW GAME. Its not like some of those games that have been out for years and will take you 5-6 months of just pure grinding to "catch up to everyone". In a matter of weeks you can be full 10.2 purples just using the random drops from nightmare mobs. The disparty between ql10.2 and ql10.4 custom gear is rather small.
You also only need about 30% of your AP wheel to be a factor in PvP or PvE if you get the right skills. For PvE all the builds are online on the forums or on duffy guides so again its a very quick progression ladder. The game will continue to add content and get more dense best to get in now if thats what your looking for because in a matter of 7-8 weeks you can be fully geared and enjoying the hardcore Lairs, Raids or PvP this game has to offer.
Cost of game: $30
Add ons: Yes lots in curse Client
Time it takes to get "Endgame geared": about 7-8 weeks or 6 days on the /played pending how often you play. Also I optimzied my playtime for progression I didn't do any lore, roleplay, side missions. The game has a lot in that arena too I just skipped it.
Cabal Leader of Primal Instinct PvP Cabal (Templar)