Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Whats the most popular MMORPG currently?

2»

Comments

• xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYPosts: 2,131Member Uncommon

I noticed some of our posters mentioned Everquest2. I would recommend Everquest, not EQII. The population for Everquest is muh higher than EQII. Best servers are Fironia Vie or Vox. Vox community is off the chain :-D.

Also to note, I am a SOE station pass holder and play both EQ and EQ II. Currently EQ rocks EQII population wise.

• sacredfoolsacredfool prague, TXPosts: 760Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ibrahim2712
    The reason I wanted a popular game because I wanted it to have alot of competition and be competitive. But I don't want no starcraft type stuff, i want to control a character and fight people.

To be competitive you'll need to pay.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• majimaji ColognePosts: 1,992Member Uncommon

Well, you should try several ones, to see the different types there are.

For a start, trying Tera can't hurt. It's for free, and a pretty generic theme park MMORPG. It's currently quite popular.

Then you could try Fallen Earth. It's also free, and around for a number of years. It's basically the opposite of Tera. While Tera is all cute and easy, Fallen Earth is darker and realistic. Where Tera takes you by the hand, Fallen Earth throws you into an open world.

The you could try the free trial of World of Warcraft. While some of it is not up to date, I don't think any other MMORPG offers that much content. Just the huge amount of starting zones and everything exceed the stuff of most other games by several magnitudes.

Then you could also try the free trial of Rift, which is a bit like Tera and World of Warcraft.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• BoudewijnsBoudewijns AntwerpPosts: 133Member Uncommon
    maybe true, but at least more then 50% r goldspammers/farmers

• DeniZgDeniZg ZagrebPosts: 669Member Uncommon

I've never played an MMORPG in my life and i want to try it out but there's so many of them.. I want one with alot of people active on it. So what's the biggest one? Like whats the one everyone around the world is playing? There has to be like at least a top 3 that everyones playing

I know League of Legends is huge so I'm planning to play that but any others?

According to Xfire: WoW, GW2, SWTOR and TERA, EVE.

• aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by DeniZg

I've never played an MMORPG in my life and i want to try it out but there's so many of them.. I want one with alot of people active on it. So what's the biggest one? Like whats the one everyone around the world is playing? There has to be like at least a top 3 that everyones playing

I know League of Legends is huge so I'm planning to play that but any others?

According to Xfire: WoW, GW2, SWTOR and TERA, EVE.

honestly didnt expect to see SWTOR and TERA on that list.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    Star Wars Galaxies

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Huntsville, ALPosts: 146Member
    Ultima Online
2»