Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOOKING FOR PVP FOCUSED MMORPG

Hello everyone, I have recently began looking for a new mmorpg to play. I was all addicted to Ultima Online as I was growing up and till this day still havent found another mmorpg like it. To be more percise, Ive been looking for a mmorpg that mainly focuses on PvP, but doesnt only have PvP. I don't mind PvE it's what creates the character into a stronger player, but PvP is my main reason I go to MMORPGs. Also besides PvP, I would like a main focus on a sandbox type of play, where players can create their own things in the world, in example; building or homes, their own weapons, armor, and clothes. Also I wouldnt mind the graphics being decent, well atleast better or the same as Ultima Online. Im really leaning on finding a game that is more pleasing to the eye than UO, but if that is too much I don't mind that being the sacrafice and it looking similar to the 2D/3D graphics that UO had. Last but not least a good character customization, where advanced skill building and actual character features are not lacking. I know this is a lot to be asking for all in one game, but with everything in technology advancing especially in gaming, I don't see this as an impossible thing. If anyone knows of a game that could contain these things, I would to hear about it. Thank you guys for taking the time and reading. Hope I have some luck.image

Comments

• FwaatchaFwaatcha Member Posts: 18

I've been looking as well. So far I've yet to find a single game that encompasses all you just asked for.

If Darkfall Unholy Wars ever gets released you may want to try that out.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu. If you are a pvpr and not playing, you're cheating yourself.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Age of Wushu. If you are a pvpr and not playing, you're cheating yourself.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by shar.pak
    Hello everyone, I have recently began looking for a new mmorpg to play. I was all addicted to Ultima Online as I was growing up and till this day still havent found another mmorpg like it. To be more percise, Ive been looking for a mmorpg that mainly focuses on PvP, but doesnt only have PvP. I don't mind PvE it's what creates the character into a stronger player, but PvP is my main reason I go to MMORPGs. Also besides PvP, I would like a main focus on a sandbox type of play, where players can create their own things in the world, in example; building or homes, their own weapons, armor, and clothes. Also I wouldnt mind the graphics being decent, well atleast better or the same as Ultima Online. Im really leaning on finding a game that is more pleasing to the eye than UO, but if that is too much I don't mind that being the sacrafice and it looking similar to the 2D/3D graphics that UO had. Last but not least a good character customization, where advanced skill building and actual character features are not lacking. I know this is a lot to be asking for all in one game, but with everything in technology advancing especially in gaming, I don't see this as an impossible thing. If anyone knows of a game that could contain these things, I would to hear about it. Thank you guys for taking the time and reading. Hope I have some luck.image

PARAGRAPHS.............please

Is it so hard for you know just for the fun of it press ENTER.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I'd say Wushu as well. Heavy PvP focus with some PvE on the side, lots of freedom, player crafted everything, lots of unique features.

Not too good when it comes to char customization though, and it has no housing except for preset guild towns.

Still, no other game comes closer to what you describe (unless you're looking for broken indie projects).

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

If you want a strict MMO for Pvp id say Forge. If you want a more MMORPG feel i would say Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

Experienced both.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Age of Conan on a Blood&Glory ruleset server

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Forge is not an MMO..

Not many good PVP focused MMORPGs out there at the moment.

IF you want a MMOFPS then planetside 2 would be your best choice :)

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Forge is not an MMO..

If Planetside 2 is a MMOFPS then World of Tanks is an MMO Tank Simulator.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Forge is not an MMO..

If Planetside 2 is a MMOFPS then World of Tanks is an MMO Tank Simulator.

No..

Planetside 2 you play on a server with 1000s of other players at the same time.

World of tanks you enter a battle with 29 other people or wahtever the number is there si nothing massive about it.. btw i do paly and love world of tanks but in no way is it an MMO no matter what the devs say haha :)

Sure there are 100s of thousands of people who play WOT, there are also millions of people who play COD but it does not make it an MMO.

• cjtigncjtign Member UncommonPosts: 61

You should look at The Secret World.

I'll be honest I've played a lot of games from DAoC -> WARhammer, Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, 2 moons, EvE, aika, aion, WoW....

They are all ok but there isn't that sense of purpose to PvP. TSW somehow created a sense of purpose with their PvP. The winning factions give 1-5 buffs of domination to everyone in game on their faction.

There are 3 persistant fusang battlefields which host 75 v 75 v 75 PvP very similar to DAoC RvRvR pvp (facilities with gates and turrent you have to overtake and so on)

They also have 2 smaller minigames:

Stonehenge which is a 5 v 5 v 5 king of the hill type minigame

El Dorado which is a 10 v 10 v 10 capture the flag type of minigame

Also there is Cabal Wars/Ladder and theres monthly duel competitions with prizes.

They also have a Pvp Training arena with dummies you can fight

and 3 open PvP zones you can fight in constantly.

Patches 1.7-1.8 coming soon will add a:

1.) PvP Dungeon

2.) Open PvP world event, capture a relic and defend it with your faction.

Also you can gear up and level up (Get AP/SP) completely through PvP independant of PvE if you so desire.

FYI: They got lots of PvE content too if thats what your intersted in, multiple end game dungeons (8), Multiple open world dungeons aka Lairs (9), 1 Raid so far (2nd coming in 2 months), regional and world bosses as well.

-Koreander

Guild Leader of Primal Instinct PvP/Endgame Cabal

Webpage: http://primalinstinct.info

• thtyungcrownholderthtyungcrownholder Member Posts: 16
    Alright I took some of your guy's advices and started age of wushu, its pretty sick. I love the gameplay and how the battling is, but while I was looking around a couple other threads, I noticed that Tera has open world pvp. Seeing as how thats my favorite type, where I can just go up to someone and start fighting, I thought I would check it out. Anyone have any opinions on Tera? It looks promising.
  • XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by thtyungcrownholder
    Alright I took some of your guy's advices and started age of wushu, its pretty sick. I love the gameplay and how the battling is, but while I was looking around a couple other threads, I noticed that Tera has open world pvp. Seeing as how thats my favorite type, where I can just go up to someone and start fighting, I thought I would check it out. Anyone have any opinions on Tera? It looks promising.

I'd like to second this.  Been looking for a fix of PVP myself, and well i just cant stay interested in FPS if my life depended on it, so yeah, been reading up on TERA myself and if anyone has any opinions about it, i would like to hear them to.

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium