Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regnum made it onto Steam? wonder how it will go now

ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

i just heard regnum online (now called Champions of Regnum) has been accepted by Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222520/

hopefully things will go ok and regnum will become even more popular. but it has alot of competition..!

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    I went to their site and the first thing I saw was NEW FACES AND HAIR MODELS pretty much tells me where their priorities lie.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    never heard of this team or saw it on steam until now ROFL.. looks ok graphically from trailor no idea how it plays... BUT i got to wonder if im the only person to hear "champions of rectum" @_@ maybe i should go back to bed... im hearing crap again lololol
  • zWolfzWolf Member Posts: 88

I came to check this out from Steam too - I guess this one 'Snuck up' on MMORPG - or perhaps wasn't worth a review / preview  / name update even.

It does seem like the anouncement was like today, and then it got 'released' so I really do think the move to steam was all 'stealth mode'.

anyway, I'm looking forward to what MMORPG has to say about the game - I'll read other users' comments, then pop back in a few days from now n see what's up.

I always tend to spend FAR more on a free to play game that I like, vs just buying a box... the nice thing is that if I 'try it' and hate it, I'm not out the $50 or $60 - pro's n cons.

I hate a SUPER bad Money grab though .

zWolf.

Thank you,

zWolf -out.

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    I tried it some years ago and it failed right off the bat with controls. You couldn't turn your character with the mouse, only with the keyboard. Which makes videos of this game hilarious. People even defended this on their forum.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    There wasn't any english speakers last time I went on which was many years ago.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

i'm not terribly optimistic about mmorpg.com's reaction. generally many players from the west(?) are very opposed to regnum.

but if u want a good laugh, have a look at the steam forums for regnum, abuse being hurled left and right it is a massive bunfight lol.

btw, the keyboard customisation lets u turn ur character by pressing and holding right mouse button and turnig the mouse (i think i set mine up that way). you can set up a lot of stuff with the keyboard options, except i dont think u can resassing the hotbar keys away from keys 1-10, which i hear is a concern of new players.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by ringdany

i'm not terribly optimistic about mmorpg.com's reaction. generally many players from the west(?) are very opposed to regnum.

but if u want a good laugh, have a look at the steam forums for regnum, abuse being hurled left and right it is a massive bunfight lol.

btw, the keyboard customisation lets u turn ur character by pressing and holding right mouse button and turnig the mouse (i think i set mine up that way). you can set up a lot of stuff with the keyboard options, except i dont think u can resassing the hotbar keys away from keys 1-10, which i hear is a concern of new players.

Been following the Steam disscussions myself. 

A lot of the negative threads have been deleted along with some of the more vocal rages.  Makes me wonder who is policing it. :S

The thing about Steam is, is that quite a few MMORPG's go there as a last gasp attempt to raise the population.  Considering that Regnums main pop is in the warzone with very few newbies joining the ranks to replace those that leave, it beggars the question as to whether or not this game is in its final days.  Although I think this game is an opportunity wasted and it is not to my tastes, I hope Steam gives it a second wind if only for a short while.

EDIT:

Wow 0.o.  Threads are vanishing over there to the point some people are commenting on it.  It would seem the crticism is free flowing to the point the devs are trying to limit the damage.  Not a cunning plan when posters are starting to notice :S

nah i headed over to the steam forums. they aren't deleting threads, the bad ones just sank out of sight.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/222520

(bad and good ones appear on the front news page for steam and regnum)

i was looking at GW2's combat system ad i think it is really serious competiton for Regnum. I mean, you still may need to pay EUR 5 for a mount in Regnum and maybe EUR 10 to help the grind, when for EUR 22 you can buy max level in GW2 (plus the gfx).

i think.. if u prefer Regnum u wud need to do so because the gfx and gameplay is simpler than GW2. I guess it depends on personal preferences. Regnum actually has a steady influx of newer players. Steam is just a natural progression for a game developer who wants to grow. I'm also hesitant to put down the hard work of peole when the product they produce is workable and is only 1 of 3 alternative DAOC-style RvRs on the market.

nah i headed over to the steam forums. they aren't deleting threads, the bad ones just sank out of sight.

Funny that.  As someone who has been with Steam longer than I care to remember, one thread I had commented in and two others I was following vanished without a trace.

Weird eh 0.o

Originally posted by B1mble

Funny that.  As someone who has been with Steam longer than I care to remember, one thread I had commented in and two others I was following vanished without a trace.

Weird eh 0.o

i think they deleted a poster who posted their review on the forum. this video full of swear words (and sort of funny) 

http://youtu.be/RrH_kS9JfXI

the forums mods (who seem to be from regnum) did delete that topic, but they left the other negative reviews up. there were positive reviews as well. i guess its normal for n old game based on a somewhat old mechanic to receive a lot of flak. look at GW2, what a slick game it is. Hopefully regnum can somehow survive and offer an alternative RvR game.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Comparing Regnum to GW2 is just silly.  They aren't in the same boat.  Compare it to DAoC if you want a similar type game.  It's very similar to DAoC, EXCEPT you can actually invade home realm once you get the relics.  Basically, it's a F2P version of DAoC.  I'd say DAoC has more depth, classes, and is overall a tad more fun.  However, if you don't want to pay go Regnum.  Nothing loss.  Guess I'm considered an old gamer now that I've hit my 30s and played since UO, EQ, and DAoC.  I still enjoy the oldies.
    Originally posted by B1mble

Weird eh 0.o

i think they deleted a poster who posted their review on the forum. this video full of swear words (and sort of funny) 

http://youtu.be/RrH_kS9JfXI

the forums mods (who seem to be from regnum) did delete that topic, but they left the other negative reviews up. there were positive reviews as well. i guess its normal for n old game based on a somewhat old mechanic to receive a lot of flak. look at GW2, what a slick game it is. Hopefully regnum can somehow survive and offer an alternative RvR game.

Lol.  Yeah I remember that one.  I thought the reviewer was an unconstructive tit as he only did Ignis and nothing else about the game.  He satrted off with the intention of hating it before it had even loaded.

Thread deletion is getting a bit much tho.#

http://steamcommunity.com/app/222520/discussions/0/864961721709836347/

It seems the devs are getting a bit to involved.

EDIT: 8/03/13

Guess what has just been deleted loooooooool.

Plus they have some shill with no previous Steam history attempting to do damage limitation or a bit of smoke and mirrors on nearly every thread.  The inane scribblings of crimine are always good for a laugh.

The thread I linked to had the devs indicating they were the forum mods with full access rights so guess whose responsible for the petty dictatorship. XD

Seriously tho, any company that deals with criticism by deleting it,  be it written by shakespear or a lump of illiterate wood  is a f*&%ing disgrace and should not be supported.