Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live interview as of 2/28, 6:00PM

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

Mark Jacobs interview as of 2/28/13, 6:00 PM eastern. Awesome!  

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

Comments

• siphonzsiphonz Member Posts: 9
    I love how after it was done "recording" Mark Jacobs just couldn't stop talking about CU! His passion for creating this game makes me know for certain that this will be successful..

** Camelot-Unchained.net **

http://camelot-unchained.net CU's first unofficial discussion forum geared towards the CU fans only.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Sadly  I only caught the end of it but I like hearing him speak with passion about it yet at the same time be realistic. I'll have to watch the full interview when it gets put up.
  • SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I thought it was hilarious how the interviewer gave MJ the false impression that he was off the air.  I was expecting him to make some off-the-cuff remarks.  Just goes to show how genuine and passionate the guy is about making this game.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Exactly.  He has such incredible passion, love it.  Definitely my favorite developer and I'd love to work for him.   

Originally posted by Satarious
    I thought it was hilarious how the interviewer gave MJ the false impression that he was off the air.  I was expecting him to make some off-the-cuff remarks.  Just goes to show how genuine and passionate the guy is about making this game.

Lol, yeahhh..

http://camelot-unchained.net CU's first unofficial discussion forum geared towards the CU fans only.

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649

Originally posted by siphonz
    I love how after it was done "recording" Mark Jacobs just couldn't stop talking about CU! His passion for creating this game makes me know for certain that this will be successfull..

Originally posted by Raagnarz
    Sadly  I only caught the end of it but I like hearing him speak with passion about it yet at the same time be realistic. I'll have to watch the full interview when it gets put up.

Originally posted by Plastic-Metal
    Exactly.  He has such incredible passion, love it.  Definitely my favorite developer and I'd love to work for him.   

Thanks folks, really appreciate it. It's funny, some people see me as a suit/biz guy but I'm really just as I appear to be on these things, a game geek who loves making and playing games. Flawed as the rest of humanity is of course but when it comes to making games, well, that's really important to me and it's something I dearly love to do. And now that I'm independent again and  surrounded as I am by a great group of guys/gals, I'm as happy as I've been since 2002. I'm glad that my passion comes through because that's why I came back to start CSE when I could be sitting on a beach somewhere. Even more importantly, that's why I'm trying to create CU and make it the game that I and our supporters want it to be without interference.

Again, my thanks.

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

Originally posted by MarkJacobs

I love how after it was done "recording" Mark Jacobs just couldn't stop talking about CU! His passion for creating this game makes me know for certain that this will be successfull..

Thanks folks, really appreciate it. It's funny, some people see me as a suit/biz guy but I'm really just as I appear to be on these things, a game geek who loves making and playing games. Flawed as the rest of humanity is of course but when it comes to making games, well, that's really important to me and it's something I dearly love to do. And now that I'm independent again and  surrounded as I am by a great group of guys/gals, I'm as happy as I've been since 2002. I'm glad that my passion comes through because that's why I came back to start CSE when I could be sitting on a beach somewhere. Even more importantly, that's why I'm trying to create CU and make it the game that I and our supporters want it to be without interference.

Again, my thanks.

It definitely shows Mark, it definitely shows... Man if I lived closer to Fairfax I would volunteer to come work for you daily! Just got my BA in Computer Animation & it's my DREAM to work in a studio where everyone is like you and they are as passionate about what they do as you! It's a better work place & being able to be creative and have the freedom to do what YOU & the FANS want will create one awesome game I'm sure of it..

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

Again, my thanks.

Do you hire Computer Science majors with a minor in Mathematics? :)  I realize that it's way too soon to hire new staff, but man, I think it would be cool & fun to be a part of the development team for a game like this.  I've always had a dream to become part of a development team for a good MMO (this would be WAY better than being a part of the WoW team or any other boring themepark), but I sort of fell into the old safe-and-reliable Software Engineer path here in the midwest.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

Do you hire Computer Science majors with a minor in Mathematics? :)  I realize that it's way too soon to hire new staff, but man, I think it would be cool & fun to be a part of the development team for a game like this.  I've always had a dream to become part of a development team for a good MMO (this would be WAY better than being a part of the WoW team or any other boring themepark), but I sort of fell into the old safe-and-reliable Software Engineer path here in the midwest.

It definitely shows Mark, it definitely shows... Man if I lived closer to Fairfax I would volunteer to come work for you daily! Just got my BA in Computer Animation & it's my DREAM to work in a studio where everyone is like you and they are as passionate about what they do as you! It's a better work place & being able to be creative and have the freedom to do what YOU & the FANS want will create one awesome game I'm sure of it..

I hear you both!  I'm currently attending Full Sail University for a Bachelor's Degree in Game Art.  Maybe, just maybe, CSE will offer internships or something.. I'd be all over that.  I actually already sent an email and briefly talked to Anna Luu.  Before someone says it.. it isn't fanboism that has us; it's the fact that Mark Jacobs, and presumably the entire CSE team, are incredibly passionate about making great games.  So much energy that it'll be spewing out of the ground in CU for alchemists to bottle it and sell it as an enhancement elixir.

• tleartlear Member Posts: 142

Is there a replay available somewhere? Can't sem to find it on the site

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

Mark Jacobs interview as of 2/28/13, 6:00 PM eastern. Awesome!  

I have complete confidence in him.  Just counting the days er months... /sigh!

• tokeshtokesh Member Posts: 35
    I'm surprised he wasn't more upset about not being notified that the segment was still live.  
  • HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5pt7yj9SUk

don't know if this is it, was uploaded on the 28th though

• BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Luckily I caught the interview when I saw it on facebook.  It was awesome!  Thank you so much Mark for taking time to talk to us.
  • SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by tokesh
    I'm surprised he wasn't more upset about not being notified that the segment was still live.  

That was a misunderstanding.  Gamebreaker usually does a show and ends the segment but after the show ends and they play the music and come back online live for a after show chat.  They do it for every show.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

It seem sthat youtube video is juts the interview and not the after show chat, I wish they uploaded that part as well.

It was a good interview, hopefully they do more (like he said a series) while the kickstarter is going.