Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Yamaguchi and K’maj Fleet Ships Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cryptic Studios has announced that beginning February 14th, Yamaguchi and K’maj fleet ships will be available for players that have acquired a Tier 3 Shipyard, and will cost 20,000 Fleet Credits and five Fleet Modules to obtain.

The Yamaguchi variant of the Ambassador Class Cruiser has been specifically designed to support your Fleet. Fleet Starships are built to the highest standard and have increased Hull Hit Points, Shield Strength and an additional Console slot. In comparison to its non-Fleet counterpart, it boasts a Lieutenant Universal station, in lieu of a Lieutenant Engineering station, and an additional Science Console slot.

Find out more on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335
    $25 for a single character unlock is waaaaay to much.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Grand_Nagus
    $25 for a single character unlock is waaaaay to much.

This is nothing new to Cryptic cash shops.  Single character unlocks at outrageous prices is the norm for them.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    if i remeber correctly Wow a few yrs back sold flying mounts for that price. i,m not saying its ok because its not.but cryptic are hardly the 1 st to rip off their customers..they are all at it these days.
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119

I'm no fan of the way Cryptic does business.  However, to be fair, I pretty sure they have very little say over pricing anymore now that they are owned by Perfect World.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Originally posted by saltyd

I'm no fan of the way Cryptic does business.  However, to be fair, I pretty sure they have very little say over pricing anymore now that they are owned by Perfect World.

It makes no difference who sets the price; overpriced is still overpriced.

• SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Grand_Nagus
    Originally posted by saltyd

It makes no difference who sets the price; overpriced is still overpriced.

Absolutely, I agree with you about the price.  I was just trying to clarify where I think the blame lies.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    I talk with my wallet with mmo's madness on pricing no thanks :)
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

In a subscription game I'd say no...bad bad bad,

But in a F2P game, what do you expect them to sell you to generate revenue? So unless it a P2W item, I don't see a problem with it, other than it seems a little too expensive to "me".

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    You're not paying for the ship, you're paying for the fleet modules in ZEN which can be earned in the dilithium exchange which is run by the players.  You then have to be in a fleet with a T3 shipyard to claim them.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    We need to start putting MMOs ripoffreport.com
  • KrayusKrayus Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Psychow

In a subscription game I'd say no...bad bad bad,

But in a F2P game, what do you expect them to sell you to generate revenue? So unless it a P2W item, I don't see a problem with it, other than it seems a little too expensive to "me".

STO isn't fully F2P... It has a subscription model too. Same as The Old Republic. They're just out to get your money because people are stupid and will pay through their nose.

• lee33701lee33701 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Some  people can afford it some can't those that can pay those that can't play for free. It looks like a win win scenario to me . How much you spend on what is always up to you.