Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions of Regnum just released on Steam. F2P RvR type of game. Has anyone played it yet?

zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

I just want to know if it's any good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222520/?snr=1_4_4__100_4

Comments

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I've never heard of it. I'm curious too.
  • COOKERplCOOKERpl Member Posts: 63

Just came here to ask the same question :D

Thing is, you can buy item that boosts you to lvl 30 just after creating character, so I wonder how they handle PVE side of this game lol. If there is any :)

So - anybody know if this is at least better than Perfect World games, or Runes of Magic etc ?

Or Warhammer online ? :P

• BeardymanBeardyman Member Posts: 50
    Bump... I'm curious too haha
  • red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    So... this is pretty much the worse hyped MMO release... ever?
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Originally posted by red_cruiser
    So... this is pretty much the worse hyped MMO release... ever?

They are a small Latin American company.  Not everyone has Blizzard or NC Soft marketing money to work with.

HAHA guys!! I'm installing this already!! 55% atm :D Some info for you here :

Champions of Regnum (CoR) Regnum Online/Realms Online 

Regnum Online is a fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by NGD Studios, a game development studio located in Argentina. This game is also known as "Realms Online" in America. The game focusses on full Realm vs Realm team player vs player combat, with a three-way war constantly in progress over forts and castles. There are monsters and an element of grinding, but these are considered secondary to the war.
    The name Regnum means realm in Latin, and is also a tribute to one of the first games ever published in Argentina by some of the team members (which was named Regnum). It is abbreviated as RO or ROL (which in Spanish also means role, as in role-playing games). The game was officially released May 24, 2007.

The inspiration for Regnum Online is the online game Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC), specifically before DAOC introduced the capability to do crafting. As such, RO is heavily focussed on Realm vs Realm (also known as faction pvp or team pvp) combat. In general, at all times a player can find active wars occurring in the "Warzone" where players of the 3 realms fight for control of forts, gates and castles.

Regnum Online provides clients in Windows, MacOS and Linux (native client). Regnum is noted for having relatively low system requirements compared to other leading mmos. The client is distributed via the web, and receives periodic updates of content and bug fixes while online. Both DirectX and OpenGL 3D graphics are supported. 

and video -  

Game looks decent, and from what people say on the net, plays decent too, and is all about open world realm vs realm vs realm PVP + some pve :D

I'm off to try it :D

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    woth a go i guess..
    I'll be with dark magic users :D Seems like they are underdogs, and their realm is getting +10% exp now :D I see only one small silly looking race, kinda similiar to GW2 asura. Have to go to shop now, but after that I'm creating my char and jumping in :D
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Never heard of it, but will probably DL it tonight when I go to bed and give it a try tomorrow. Looks pretty good from the trailer/screenshots

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• FwaatchaFwaatcha Member Posts: 18

This game has the one feature 99% of all mmos are missing.

Its got autorun =) "F" key!!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Interesting. Let us know how it plays. It could be the stopgap we need while waiting for CU.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    99% all MMo's have you mean?  I can only think of one mmo that I have played recently without autorun and thats Age of Wushu.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I was interested until it revealed itself as yet another RvR/PvP game.  I find that stuff very, very tedious.  Too much waiting around for groups/battles and not enough in-depth gameplay.

@ the "no autorun in MMOs" comment:  You must be playing on a different planet.  I don't think I've played an MMO in the last 14 to 15 years that didn't have that feature, and I have played dozens of them.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Regnum has been around for several years, and I wasn't terribly impressed with it when I tried back in the day.

It is free though, so nothing lost if you feel like like trying it.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

So this is basically GW2's WvW but in a actually world with Everquest 1 graphics and animations.

curious, what engine is this made with?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by logicbomb82
    99% all MMo's have you mean?  I can only think of one mmo that I have played recently without autorun and thats Age of Wushu.

Age of Wushu  actually has 2 forms of autorun. One is the normal autorun you see in most MMOs, even sharing the same default keybinding (Num Lock). The other is called autopathing: you can click on the map and your character will run to where you clicked, unless cancelled by simply using the movement keys.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

So this is basically GW2's WvW but in a actually world with Everquest 1 graphics and animations.

curious, what engine is this made with?

First thing it`s DAOC style RVR. GW2 copyed DAOC*they even said it themselfs that was what they were going for* 

I play this game and it`s a lot of fun once you get to the PVP part of the game. The PVE feels kinda slow at first but it`s not to bad.

The game looks nice once you`re inside the game and put everything on max settings, it has nice lands and water.

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

I used to play it. It's not anything new really, I didn't get to take part in any of the PvP just because the RvR zones are high level areas. The game also has no option for advancement and not entering these RvR zones. There is generally a lack of explanation as to what each class advancement does for you in game. The website has little to no information, and the community is established and really shut its' doors to outsiders. Very close minded and brutal community that isn't inviting to new players nor does the game focus on explaining anything to you. I might give it another try but it was pretty awful for me.

Good luck.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.