Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The World Looks Beautiful - But Will I?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

I have looked at the videos and screenshots on this site, and ESO certainly features a beautiful world.

After reading that the ESO combat system will be similar to Skyrim, I bought Skyrim to try it out.

I didn't get very far.

To my great dismay, my character was horribly ugly.  So ugly that as a Wood Elf, one of my choices was how much dirt I wanted on my face.  Um, none?

I saw no attractive female character options in Skyrim.

So is this how it's going to be?  I have to play an ugly character?  Because that's a non-starter for me.  There are too many games where I don't have to be ugly.  

Does anyone have a link to a publiclly available screenshot where there are attractive female ESO player characters?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Elves arent supposed to be pretty in The Elder Scrolls series of games.

Want pretty? Play a Breton

However, in ESO elves and the other races will be as pretty as a plastic Hollywood Starlet

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

ESO is not Skyrim. The models will not look the same.

Was I the only one confused how we jumped from the combat being similar to ugly character models in Skyrim?

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Don't know why but this video came to my mimd...

http://youtu.be/G8EcBQzkPrs

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Well, it's all about individuals roleplaying experience. I'd still give him the option to make a pretty character rather than letting him run around waving his penis. *coughmortalonlinecough*
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Amathe

I have looked at the videos and screenshots on this site, and ESO certainly features a beautiful world.

After reading that the ESO combat system will be similar to Skyrim, I bought Skyrim to try it out.

I didn't get very far.

To my great dismay, my character was horribly ugly.  So ugly that as a Wood Elf, one of my choices was how much dirt I wanted on my face.  Um, none?

So is this how it's going to be?  I have to play an ugly character?  Because that's a non-starter for me.  There are too many games where I don't have to be ugly.  

Does anyone have a link to a publiclly available screenshot where there are attractive female ESO player characters?

No, they are not making TESO for TES fans, they are making it for DaoC fans and needed a more popular IP...makes sense? Shouldnt. Characters will be nice a pretty for the dumbed down MMO audience.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    So you set out to try Skyrim's combat, on which you heard ESO's combat would be based.  But you got turned off by Skyrim's character models, on which you have NOT heard ESO's models would be based, and that has now turned you away from ESO?  There's no transitive property at work here.  
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Originally posted by Homitu
    So you set out to try Skyrim's combat, on which you heard ESO's combat would be based.  But you got turned off by Skyrim's character models, on which you have NOT heard ESO's models would be based, and that has now turned you away from ESO?  There's no transitive property at work here.  

I don't know what the ESO models will look like.  The screens I see usually have them covered in armor.  That's why I asked a question.  

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84

You are missing out on a great experience if you are new to the Elder Scroll series.

I'm terribly sorry, but you are only doing it to yourself mate

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by Homitu

I don't know what the ESO models will look like.  The screens I see usually have them covered in armor.  That's why I asked a question.  

So you're more worried about what they look like without armor on?

I think you may be looking for a different game. These are not the droids you're looking for..move along..

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Maybe not. Watch the ESO cinematic trailer at some point. It made me flip a table for the minor offense of not putting red eyes on the dark elf. Sure this pretty human pointy ears dealio is all fine and good for fat chicks and manboys, but then so is Tera. If you get my hint.
  • KumateKumate Member Posts: 69

The answer is yes you will look pretty.  The game is in beta so I assume they only released very limited gear models for characters and their videos are heavly male populated but I found one for you that should clear things up. 

Watch this video in HD and stop it at 8:02.  You will see what looks like an elf maybe?  No clue but besides the helmet on her you can tell she has a well figured body and a pretty face.  I assume like every game you can turn helmet models off and you will be running around looking like a goddess in no time.  Also I am sure their will be a ton of pretty outfits that give more stlye to females then the gritty male armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEipFtHw7o

Hope that helps.

Cya in ESO.

• CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

I didn't get very far.

Haha,

I got a good chuckle out of this.

I too am drawn by attractive asteticly pleaseing models. Not so much to turn down a game, but it's defeintly something I like.

Come on, don't you want just a little bit of dirt on your face? Like right there on the tip of your nose?!

LOL>

Happy gaming.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I'm actually a bit disappointed at how pretty the elves seem to be in TESO. TES elves are supposed to be ugly and weird. The elves in TESO look like they came from Middle-Earth.
  • casual187casual187 Member Posts: 32

Ya those ugly horrid elves in ESO.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I didn't get very far.

Elves are meant to be ugly in ES. Also you barely see your own character, youll be in first person mode for 99% of the game.

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by evilastro

Elves are meant to be ugly in ES. Also you barely see your own character, youll be in first person mode for 99% of the game.

There i must oppose ... I played Skyrim 90% of time in 3rr person. 1st person only for bow.

But i almost never played elves in TES they look damn ugly ... but it is why they are quite unique. I will be dissapointed if they go for girly elves, like everyone out there.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    If the game is good is what should be important. You will spend most of the time seeing the back of the head anyway. I call bs on some of the reasoning behind the race lock crap but end of the day its the feel and flow of the game that is what really matters. For me it will be how responsive and smooth the controls and combat are, if they nail that I say just put a helmet on that ugly head and have fun... :)
  • MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by walltar
    Originally posted by evilastro

There i must oppose ... I played Skyrim 90% of time in 3rr person. 1st person only for bow.

But i almost never played elves in TES they look damn ugly ... but it is why they are quite unique. I will be dissapointed if they go for girly elves, like everyone out there.

I just hope argonians retain their own unattractiveness.  

Elves have always been ugly and I loved it.  Made TES a much darker ad grittier fantasy world.  My first character back in Morrowind was a dark elf and he was a badass.  He wasn't a pretty fairy looking creature but a rugged and savage adventurer. I love these worlds and hope they do stick to an uglier theme (doubtful to appease the masses but its what I'd like, good thing they don't care about TES fans opinions).

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

Try rolling a Nord Female.  I didnt think they were made out to be "ugly".  Actually, i thought that the Nord females can look rather nice. Obviously, Khajit (cat People) are made to look like your pet Frisky.  Dark Elves are supposed to look forbidding.  Wood elves are kinda ugly.  Redguard are the "African" looking race, and they can be made to look very nice too.  I think the problem is, you chose a race that no matter what you tweak, the character is going to look ugly.  

Good luck

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Mavek

I just hope argonians retain their own unattractiveness.

What is this argonian unatractivnes you speak of? They are sweet cute creatures. image

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    I don't know about you guys but i don't play ES games to look pretty. I leave that to games like Tera and GW2.  All those mods which make women look like bimbos in ES games..i find them very un settling.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

I find it refreshing to be surrounded by NPCs who, only wth a realistic number of exceptions are NORMAL looking.

Sick to bloody death of Manga-Cutesy-Model-Bra-Wearing-Mr. Olympians running around every damn MMO.

'Beverly Hills 90MMO'?

... no thanks...

• IMO Bethesda game NPCs seem to suffer a lot from uncanny valley.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

im sorry i didnt think the chars in skyrim where ugly or good looking i just simply thought damn they look realalistic, not super model realalistic but average everyday person real.

im sorry but your in for a shocker here most people are ugly. not hot underwwear models.

and to be honest i kinda like that look so i hope its kept although i doubt it since you know MMO and all that cant have ugly women and fat men they got to be piture perfect super models,

*sigh* excuse me my fat cleric from pathfinder is calling i got to fix up this rogue who messed up his disable trap agian

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    I don't know about you guys but i don't play ES games to look pretty. I leave that to games like Tera and GW2.  All those mods which make women look like bimbos in ES games..i find them very un settling.

i actully hate the way tera looks, in fact and i was told im a moron for this a few days ago i prefer the way DDO looks compared to tera, yes the game is pretty old and the grapics are dated but ya know the colors used and the astetics are just so much better im sick of bright cartoony lands

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.