Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questing after Moria

rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

So I just returned to the game after a year or two and finished up the last little bit of questing  I needed to physically get my character out of Moria.  So I run to the encampment just outside of Moria and the quest givers send me to three different orc camps in the area for quests.  No big deal, but after I turn all of their quests in, they each sent me right back into the same camps for slightly different objectives that I could have done the first time I was there.  Again, not to big of a deal becuase it's standard theme park practice.  However, after turing in their second set of quests, the quest givers sent me back to those same camps yet again.  So I grit my teeth and go back to those camps for a 3rd time.  Finally after those quests are done and everyone at that camp is happy I finally make my way to the next hub down the road.  Guess what,.. they sent me back to those first three Orc camps I already did quests in.  I did their bidding and now they want to send me back AGAIN!.  Are you kidding me?

TLDR;

Should I expect to re-visit quest areas for slightly different objectives, 3-5 times each, from here on out?  I don't remember the original SoA areas be quite so over used.  Please tell me the Isengard or Rohan quest areas are designed better and won't have me traveling back and forth to same areas again, and again, and again....and so on.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Comments

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

It is probably because you do not have enough rep yet to move on.

Its been a while since I played, but I kind of remember having to grind the rep needed to move in to the forest after moria by doing those repeatable quests, and that there was an NPC just across the river, that either blocked you or let you pass depending on rep.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232
    They are designed better later on. In a few cases you may go to an area twice in the Dunland region, but it's not typical.  And by the time you get to Rohan I honestly don't remember  being sent back to the same place ever.  And Rohan quests were more engaging overall in my opinion.  It does get better!
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

Its been a while since I played, but I kind of remember having to grind the rep needed to move in to the forest after moria by doing those repeatable quests, and that there was an NPC just across the river, that either blocked you or let you pass depending on rep.

Yeh, I think you are refering to the elf (Haldir) who checks to see if you completed two achievements in Moria that had to do with killing a lot of goblins and orcs.  He is in the tree platform just down the road when you get out of Moria.  Luckily I had already killed enough goblins and orcs when I was in Moria so he didn't send me back for that.  These other quests I'm talking about are basically progressive "story" chains that send you back to the same areas over and over again.  They are optional to do, but I generally don't mind questing in Lotro, however in this case I feel it was a little over done.  It was probably just to slow players down until they released SoM.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104

The Elves in Lorien don't shoot you dead these days, so you enter Lorien without gaining rep with the Galadrim. Personally if you get fed up of one area and you're not obsessed with completion, or you aren't going for Kindred with a faction, i'd move on. You can probably do the Lorien quests around level 60 or even earlier. There is so much content now that you can miss out whole areas that you don't like and still level easily for later areas. I haven't been into Angmar with my last 3 characters, apart from to do epics.

Some quest chains are still messy but one thing Turbine have been doing is tidying up quest hubs to prevent lots of running around. Later areas, Mirkwood and Rohan do't have the same running about (obviously there is a bit, but that's to make it a 'challenge'). I noticed a while back that quest givers and receivers are now usually in a small camp near to the locations they send you to, rather than miles away in a town or ruin. In Barrow Downs for example, the quests that used to be in Bree (which meant lots of running back and forth from town) are now in barrows downs themselves with a 'lost party' that you come across.

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

Doesn't happen any more, you don't need any rep with the Elves to get into Lorien or even to start the quests there.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

You can go through Lorien/ Mirkwood or you can go back to where you started Moria and head south, in to Enedwaith. It's the same level as Lorien. All those areas are designed around unlocking repeatable quests. Pretty much the entire Supreme tier is like that.

Lorien of course allows you to meet Galladriel, Legolas and Gimli. A bunch more of the Iconics are there as well. I stayed and got enough branches to make the heavy galadhrim armor but I'm sure there is a similar 60 level armor for the clans of the Enedwaith.

Lorien repeatables are find and pick up stuff. Flowers, herbs, etc. Enedwaith tends to be more kill 10 things. all unlocked through variations of a quartermaster.