Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A survey on demographics in Guild Wars 2

ObidobiObidobi Member Posts: 1

Hello.

We are two university students, studying at Stockholm University. We are currently doing a research paper on Guild Wars 2 and how certain demographics relate to some specific things within the game. If you would be so kind as to answer a few question in this survey, it would really help us a lot. The surveys is very small, under 20 questions, it will only take a few minutes but it would be invaluable to us.

If you are under the age of 18, please make sure your legal guardian condones you taking this survey. Since the survey is anonymous, no sensitive data will be collected, and therefore there is no risk in breaching of confidentiality. No data collected will be used for anything other than our research.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GRk-MLR9kg0LqEuRFlzbmro7n0EFtdLbFuIglIgkGec/viewform

If you have any questions or would like to give us some more information, feel free to email me at [email protected] or reply in this discussion.

tl;dr please answer survey to help students.

Comments

• SchroesCatSchroesCat Member UncommonPosts: 44

I had it filled out but did not submit. Seriously, what kind of survey is this supposed to be? If this is truly in the cause of some student research, it can only be strict economics?

Care to elaborate a bit on the research topic?

To me it seems like a ArenaNet sponsored research, that does not serve any scientific cause at all. 

... of course I might very well be mistaken.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    I vote that this is ArenaNet sponsered research.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Interesting survey. I hope it shows that most of us don'r fall for the GW2 cash traps. Love the game, but the cash traps and the multiple currency grind traps annoy me.

what cash traps? I been searching for anything that I would say is worth spending money on.... aside from bag/bank space I can't find a single thing worth buying in the cs

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Interesting survey. I hope it shows that most of us don'r fall for the GW2 cash traps. Love the game, but the cash traps and the multiple currency grind traps annoy me.

what cash traps? I been searching for anything that I would say is worth spending money on.... aside from bag/bank space I can't find a single thing worth buying in the cs

Your lack of quaggan backpack love disgusts me.  You are a horrible person.  (Please don't delete this message mods, it's obviously not serious).

There's a lot of pretty things in there.  Like pink hair.

That is a trap for some people.  Some people would sell their extra kidney for pink hair.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Your lack of quaggan backpack love disgusts me.  You are a horrible person.  (Please don't delete this message mods, it's obviously not serious).

There's a lot of pretty things in there.  Like pink hair.

That is a trap for some people.  Some people would sell their extra kidney for pink hair.

its funny because I see this cash trap comment thrown around and honestly I'd happily spend $15 a month on this game but nothing in the cs is worth buying aside from bags/bank slots IMHO.. I'd like a lot more things in there personally:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    its funny because I see this cash trap comment thrown around and honestly I'd happily spend $15 a month on this game but nothing in the cs is worth buying aside from bags/bank slots IMHO.. I'd like a lot more things in there personally:)

Hmmm.  I have bought all the outfits so far, maxed out bank slots, even bought a couple bags for people... have 8 character slots too, one for each class.

Even ended up buying some keys.

I DO spend 15-20 dollars a month on gems, as my mock subscription, so I end up buying a lot of random things to use the gems.  Used up my GW2 allowance on bag slots this month, so it'll be a bit before I get my quaggan backpack. :(

Could have traded gold for gems, gotten the stuff I =needed= for free, but I do like my gold. T.T  Almost gotten the golden title for banking 200.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I've spent a little cash to get 3 more character slots (altaholic), and I used left over gems to get another bank slot when it was on sale. I've spent less than I would have on a subscription though, and I haven't purchased any vanity items at all. That's not to say I wouldn't buy any vanity items at all, but there's not really anything there I like, and it would have to be one hell of a vanity item for me to even consider purchasing it.