Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Back On Steam with New Content & Features

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The War Z is back on Steam after a forced hiatus. The return is marked by the addition of new features and content. The details of the additions are not yet known.

The zombie survival MMO game The War Z is now available for download on the Steam platform.  Since its initial release on Steam in December of last year, the popular, online game has received several content updates and now includes many more of the features that players have been demanding.  The game community has continued to grow and new players will be able to join existing servers or rent their own private server to play with friends and/or clan mates. New content and features for the game will be added in the coming months, providing new gameplay options for the community as they delve deeper into the game.

Read more in the announcement thread on The War Z's forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

A couple clarifications:

- It's been longer than a one month hiatus, the game was listed on Steam originally December 17th and pulled from Steam on the 19th.

- They are still advertising using misleading screenshots that show features the game does not have.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

lol... I don't really know what to say about this. I was semi hoping it was a early april fools joke, but I checked Steam and there it was. I'll pass lol, but good luck to those that decide to try this train wreck out. 

Please do read up on the game before purchasing it lol. Don't go into this purchase blind because there is a 90% chance you will NOT be happy with this title. 

• NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30
    No change  no matter how AMAZING it could be it will mean nothing if thay dont stop the hacking
  • SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

Giving Sergey Titov another chance?  Can anyone really fall for the same thing twice?  I swear I'm going to go out and create a few get rich quick systems of my own because people are dumb da dumb dumb DUMB!  I'm of the opinion that the people who play and enjoy this game are the same ones who took the "Power companies HATE this trick" "Language professors HATE him!" ads seriously. 

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Just....ARGH!  C'mon Steam be a bro and watch out for your gamers!
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

How these guys have not been sued for stealing artwork, copyrighted names and EULA's is beyond me.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Save your money. This pay to play game stinks. I am one of the fools that bought into it      :  (
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    New contents and features... I'm just wondering what new hacks have they in store for the hackers? lol
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    New contents and features... I'm just wondering what new hacks have they in store for the hackers? lol

The hacks are the new content and features oO!

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    YOU'RE WINNER!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    You guys act as if all shooter are hack free  .... I will that were the case :(
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

OMG...

How is it even possible....

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    private RP servers = win. public servers = lose.
  • SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

GIVE THE GAME A BREAK DUDES.

Stop hatin' and give them a chance. ;)

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Like DayZ, the hackers rule this game and the devs lack the skills, or perhaps motivation, to stop them. If getting griefed by hackers in a shooter with a trivial bit of zombie theme is your idea if fun, then War Z and DayZ are for you.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

this game is going HvH then?

Hacker vs Hacker i mean

Originally posted by wesjr
    You guys act as if all shooter are hack free  .... I will that were the case :(

Not all shooters are hack-free.

However most shooters are not hack-full lol. WarZ is pretty unique in that sense.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154
    not much hackers and content would've really made this game fun to play wif friends sniff :<

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

Originally posted by wonderwise

We did, up until the flase advertisements. Then instead of appologizing they told the players it was their fault for "misreading" the information. Thats when the hate really started. Lying to players then blaming it all on them tends to do that. 

The War Z used up far more than its second chance already lol. So exactly how many are we supposed to give them?

If scammers gets breaks, what about the poor folks who actually have to do real work for living, lol?

Money and energy better and fairer spent on people that actually tries to deliver.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    given how horrible this game launched... im shocked steam would take it back lolol.. i hope someone can honestly without bias prove this game is fullfilling its promises ... cause so far all i have seen is failed promises
  • TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

We did, up until the flase advertisements. Then instead of appologizing they told the players it was their fault for "misreading" the information. Thats when the hate really started. Lying to players then blaming it all on them tends to do that. 

The War Z used up far more than its second chance already lol. So exactly how many are we supposed to give them?

I could forgive the game, But I will never forgive Hammerpoint. They are thief and liers. They had two options left and they choose the sad one :

1-  they could have give up on theyr scam and stop the madness. Maybe apologize. Eventually sell the project or whatever. The vast majority has absolutely no intention in trusting Hammerpoint and Sergeï anyway.

but no they prefered to:

2- use the little hype they get to pretend they are clean and this fiasco only comes from a fiew "mistakes" and anyway "f00ck haters". So more lies to come in the future and, I'm 99% sure of it, more scam n milking. Unless Sergeï suddently grows a conscience .... looooooooooooooool

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Let's see how long it takes this time, before it's pulled again.
  • AcidBurnedAcidBurned Member UncommonPosts: 11
    So many haters the game is actually fun if you play with friends and play the PVP aspect I find it a bettter and more fluid shooter then COD,BF,Arma.