Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO NOT spend money in this game

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
The latets changes the devs are proposing are going to sink this game, they said they are listening to the players in Beta but is not true. They are making decisiones that are totally irrational and anyone who speaks againts those changes gets the topic deleted or locked and they receive a strong warning for speaking against the changes, so IMHO dont be a fool and wait until the game comes out if you want to see what brings, as it is right now, do not invest a penny on it. I paid $100 and I am regreting it.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

not exactly enlightening

what upcoming changes don't "you" like that are going to ruin the game for "you"?

(yes, i play the game - alot)

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36
    Sorry but why spend 100 $ on a game that is not finished and is going to be free to play and not just wait for the finished product ?
  • emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Maybe you should elaborate?
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    The latets changes the devs are proposing are going to sink this game, they said they are listening to the players in Beta but is not true. They are making decisiones that are totally irrational and anyone who speaks againts those changes gets the topic deleted or locked and they receive a strong warning for speaking against the changes, so IMHO dont be a fool and wait until the game comes out if you want to see what brings, as it is right now, do not invest a penny on it. I paid $100 and I am regreting it.

Bad move on your part. See, I got a free beta key 1st and then played it for 3 months before I bought a founders. Guess you should have done the same, huh.

Oh, both the game and its development process have flaws but red 5 are being totally transparent and the OP is making stuff up about threads being delete.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by emikochan
    Maybe you should elaborate?

my thoughts exactly. are they using DR? are they doing a gear treadmill? cutting off content via DLC's or dungeons/raids too difficult for most to complete? Are they breaking the economy? what?

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    IMHO dont be a fool and wait until the game comes out if you want to see what brings, as it is right now, do not invest a penny on it. I paid $100 and I am regreting it.

Sound advice for any game really

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

red 5 is never sneaky or underhanded in how they do things. When they change something many ppl don't like they talk about it on the beta forums and explain why they did something. If ppl are still not happy they try and make it better.

There will always be those ppl who don't understand they are just one noice among many and even though they think they know everything.....yeah.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    OP probably got his/her thread deleted because it was rage, then comes here to rage.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    Never preorder, never buy before launch, thats what you should do for any MMO. If anyone out there is going to be surprised that the game does not live up to their expectations you must have had your head pushed well in the sand for the entire history of MMO gaming.
  • platonicxplatonicx Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Dartmed
    Sorry but why spend 100 $ on a game that is not finished and is going to be free to play and not just wait for the finished product ?

Becouse you want to support the game and the devs? OMG wtf what is this sorcery ... right?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

All those points you made about the changes you listed of what they are doing really shows that its not worth spending money. Totally, not being sarcastic.

PS: I'm being sarcastic, you might made claims the end of the world is here and we will be all gone in 24 hours, its just as valid as your 'claims' are and about as believable as well.

Support a game if you like what its going for, if your not sure don't.  So long as you know the risk and your comfortable with the developer and what they are going for, there is no reason to shy away from it. If your not sure or anything, just simply back away and wait. No reason to spend unless you are sure.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Generally speaking, I don't think $100 is enough to dictate how the game is going to be designed.

If they deleted your thread, it's probably because they didn't find it very useful.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Played the open beta weekend last week, looked kinda funny.

Looks kinda like Global Agenda but more fun.

Bought a founders pack for 20$ so far not regretting it one bit.

Plays fun lotsa stuff to shoot.

And about changing stuff hell they been doing that for a year now and they keep doing it.

Hell thats why founders play and give comments about it.

Anyways you spending 100$ on it "lord knows why" your problem.

I would spend some $ more and who knows they will implement your "great" ideas to :)

I am not even sure this game ever gets released :P

But i am having a blast with it at the moment.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

i has no shame i got da founders with motor cycle long time ago

games sint half bad, lacks content stil but i ahvent played in a bit,

also in my experence the most irratinal changes made to games are actully normally because the devs where trying to listen to the player base to much.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Got 4 more beta invites, they're full ones so who wants to try for free need only pm me, first come first served ^^ (all you need is to ask someone for an invite btw, most testers have to spare but when people moan about founders packs they purchased they really check first, kids with daddy's credit card really).

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

I was very vocal in terms of the direction they were going. Granted, it could've been laid out with more tact, I'll admit, however, I can agree that the devs "pretend" to listen. They've got absolutely zero clue what they're doing in terms of who they're marketing this game to.

Think about it... they're all over the place. On one side, they're claiming Firefall will be an eSport FPS game, yet the skill ceiling is laughably low. Many, many, MANY potential changes have been voiced on the forum with countless replies of feedback agreeing to them. These are generally met with their fat community manager regurgitating the same ol, "we're looking into possibilities, guyz!" over and over. Then you've got them marketing to cosplay/anime/manga fans, which is more of a casual gamer grab. So you've got casual players saying one thing, the competitive players saying another, and Red5 with a giant foot in their asses doing neither.

I made a thread that had thousands of fews, hundreds of replies and a huge handful of the beta community agreeing with me. It took me months of bitching for Red5 to even acknowledge the thread.

Oh, and I'm now banned from the forums.

Stay far away from this monstrosity of a failure.

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100

Yeah I've been in this beta for awhile and was never impressed, especially not for $100, even F2P this won't have a spot on my systems.

Firefall seriously has no game to it, its really a very shiny smart phone app where you go to random things in the world over and over. The story line is non-exstant, PvP combat is grossly imbalanced, enemy AI is pathetic, quests are still buggy/broken to this date. 

I'm really not sure what niche Firefall fills except as a weekend getaway and a quick uninstall. FYI - Yeah I've seen most of the game and put in my hours, along with coming back to see if anything changed/improved.

Even Korean MMOs allow more then 2 heads, 4 haircuts and have better AI. That btw is not a compliment. 

• samypetrinisamypetrini Member UncommonPosts: 12

they can always listen but that wont say they wil do what you said to do. its stil there game that they are making.

donation is just for extra goody for yourself and 100$ is stil somethign for them image 10 ppl doing that 1000$ or maybe more

money is money ^^

but that the game is crap itself nah its in BETA i just keep saying this. my understanding of a beta and a beta players is to find bug test contant see what goes wrong report it and give your opinion am i right ? or is there more to it to do in a beta ? the game is not even finished ofc you wont be doing much then.

but be honest this game just kee on bringing new stuff into the game and that's itself is already a plus, never saw a beta doing it this way. its just testing everything keep changing it and try to find its way.

patience.

i myself bought 100% just for the bike ^^ nothing else, oh yeah and a lovely poster on my wall.

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

OP is full of crap, as is apparent from the lack of ANY detail and elaboration on what they're doing that's so bad.

Red5 has always been very transparent with their decisions and development of Firefall and continually strives to listen to the community to find out what we want. They do weekly (maybe monthly, don't remember) livestreams addressing questions and talking about various things they're working on. Who else takes the time to do that? Not many I'd bet. They also send out pretty regular surveys via email to get feedback and suggestions.

They're excellent developers and very fair when it comes to moderating.

I have absolutely zero qualms or regrets about spending 100 dollars for the founder's pack even though I've stopped playing Firefall (for now, waiting for more content and don't want to get burnt out on the game) and this is coming from a rather poor full-time student.

I completely agree with everyone in that you shoudn't pre-order or pre-purchase anything, it's a stupid idea that apparently seems to be popular for whatever reasons (I guess the incentives convince most people to buy it, personally I don't care for a large majority of things that come with pre-orders). Get a beta key and try out the game, if you like it, fantastic, it's free-to-play so you lose nothing. Like the game a lot? Then help out the developers and get a founders pack, it's well worth the money if you LIKE the game and plan on playing it and think it's a big possibility you'll spend money on it in the future. They're amazing deals and you'd be supporting some very passionate and dedicated developers who, as far as I am concerned, are doing right by gamers. They're trying to do something different from the generic lobby MMOFPS (if you can even call them an MMO) and tab-targetting MMOs with shooting mechanics. So far I think it's been very successful.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

eh the game has potential but, after months and months and months of seeing nothing and i pretty much mean nothing at all added or changed or anything in the beta im kinda more wondering if work is being done on this gaem still more then anything else.

i mena i got the founder with good reason the game has some great potential and is fun to play . . .at first, but without any real meat to the lore or story or things to do beside mine for minerals you cant really use for anything other then to make bigger drills . . . .it kinda lost its luster. heck last time i logged in the only thing that was diffrent was that their where more bugs then before.

i do hope it gets pulled togther and they finish it, but at this point i kinda lost hope adn even stopped really careing

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by Squeak69

eh the game has potential but, after months and months and months of seeing nothing and i pretty much mean nothing at all added or changed or anything in the beta im kinda more wondering if work is being done on this gaem still more then anything else.

i mena i got the founder with good reason the game has some great potential and is fun to play . . .at first, but without any real meat to the lore or story or things to do beside mine for minerals you cant really use for anything other then to make bigger drills . . . .it kinda lost its luster. heck last time i logged in the only thing that was diffrent was that their where more bugs then before.

i do hope it gets pulled togther and they finish it, but at this point i kinda lost hope adn even stopped really careing

This. There is no meat to this game as of now.

The combat is fun and the gliding is fun but there are hardly any quests, areas or any other reason why to PvE. The PvP is not bad but with F2P games like League of Legends and TF2 this really can't compete.