Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: New Patch & A Smokin' Deal

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

SMITE players will definitely want to check out today's patch which includes the addition of Poseidon to the pantheon. But even better is the announcement that a single $30 purchase guarantees buyers all god for all time. 

the “Ultimate God Pack” has been updated and is now available as single-purchase version, including all
playable god characters within the action online PC game SMITE.

The pack was originally promoted as an immediate unlock of the first thirty
SMITE gods, but has been significantly enhanced to include all future gods
as well. Players purchasing the pack, including those who purchased it
previously, will automatically unlock new gods as soon as they are released
into the live game environment. SMITE has been seeing new god releases
approximately every two to three weeks.

Read more on the SMITE site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    $30 bucks for all future content sounds too good to be true. Has anyone actually played this? If so what was your impression?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• christwoodchristwood Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    $30 bucks for all future content sounds too good to be true. Has anyone actually played this? If so what was your impression?

It's my favorite MOBA atm. Right now I'm not really invested in any MMORPG either, so all my playing time goes into Smite.

Originally posted by christwood

It's my favorite MOBA atm. Right now I'm not really invested in any MMORPG either, so all my playing time goes into Smite.

I'll have to give it a shot. LoL just hasn't done it for me, I played DOTA on WC3 for too many years to be interested in it anymore really. Thanks for the reply.

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182

I was playing smite since the closed beta started in june last year I think, it's a fun moba and more involved than LoL/Dota due to the 3rd person view and wasd controlls. I would suggest if you like pvp combat or moba game play there is no harm done in trying. If you want to use my referral link I would appreciate it, if not, just go to smitegame.com and download it.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/default.aspx?referral=83366&utm_campaign=email

• GodUhWarGodUhWar Member Posts: 1

It is definitely a game worth trying out. 

Think DOTA2 or LoL with a different type of skill attached.

Not saying those games don't require skill, but, it's a different type of ball game.

I'll be streaming some a bit later, if you have any questions stop on by.

GodUhWar on Twitch.tv or http://www.twitch.tv/goduhwar

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100

SMITE is fun, but they are doing this promotion because in reality their player base refuses to grow. A lot of people try it, like it, play it and ditch it. 

I've been in the beta since week 2 and it is a fun game. However it lacks a lot of variety in builds, map size is silly now and their lack of brush to hide in and a very weak jungle all culminate into making SMITE what it is. A very fun diversion, that lacks the variety and depth that people expect from games like LoL and sadly even DoTa2. 

So yeah you're going to get all future gods, if that ever goes beyond maybe 50-60 gods and 3k viewers on Twitch TV I will be amazed.

• ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157

I tried it out a few weeks ago and it really is fun. I thought it was awesome to play it after playing LoL. My only issue with the game is that it looks like it still needs work to be done. More features, the item menu looks cluttered and confusing for someone at first. Small things imo but it was my first impression and did have an effect on my overall outlook of the game.

As for the jungle area - I found it to be a bit much. It's too big, too many pathways and there is also no brush which kinda sucks. I really hope they implement that. If they do, I can totally see myself playing it again.

Lastly - there is no consequence system for people who quit the game in the middle of the match which I absolutely HATE. They get away with no punishment and you more than likely lose the match.

Hope this helps!

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

I need co-op vs ai mode before I'll invest any more time in SMITE. Not interested in the PvP modes due to the fact that there's PvPers involved.

Does anyone know if they plan on including PvE modes in SMITE?

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Originally posted by eric_w66

I need co-op vs ai mode before I'll invest any more time in SMITE. Not interested in the PvP modes due to the fact that there's PvPers involved.

I don't even know what to say about this. You're complaining about a pvp centric game...not having pve? Why would you even bother downloading it or other mobas if you can't handle playing an actual live person? Its kind of what their entire design and focus is for.

Originally posted by Raagnarz

I don't even know what to say about this. You're complaining about a pvp centric game...not having pve? Why would you even bother downloading it or other mobas if you can't handle playing an actual live person? Its kind of what their entire design and focus is for.

Um, a ton of people play LoL just to play against the AI. That's why they had a huge AI update a few months ago, because there is a demand for it. Not saying I like to play against the AI in MOBAs, but some people do for sure.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Raagnarz

Um, a ton of people play LoL just to play against the AI. That's why they had a huge AI update a few months ago, because there is a demand for it. Not saying I like to play against the AI in MOBAs, but some people do for sure.

I didn't know they had a vs AI mode. I have to check that out.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    I started playing Smite in closed beta. It was ok, although it did feel awfully clunky and not very intuitive at all, it did hold my attention for quite some time. At the time, I was in my MOBA phase, playing Smite, LoL, Battle for Graxia, and DotA2. I left Smite for one reason and one reason only. Their ranked system. IT is, well, really really bad for lack of a more intelligent discription. What it bioled down to is you could only play one ranked match per every 45 minutes. The ranked Q window opened every 30 minutes then you had to wait another 15 minutes once you joined the Q. If you were busy, say in another match while waiting for the Q to open and missed the window, you were screwed. Ranked ladders IMHO, in ant MOBA are a must. Just not restricted ones that throttle you back and limit your access for no aparently good reason. No thanks, I cannot even remember the last time I played Smite. Currently enjoying the good ol click fest smash n loot PoE.

• MakoSt0rMMakoSt0rM Member Posts: 4

@GimiZigi (reply failed for some reason :P)

Really? SMITE is currently becoming more and more popular every day. True, some people who were serious LoL players might go back to LoL or migrate to DotA, but the majority of people who I know have picked up SMITE still play it.

I can see you're definitley biased towards League (which is TOTALLY cool, league's a fine game), with you lamenting the lack of brush and the jungle layout, while making a slight dig at DotA

("not even DotA 2")

And If you're going into SMITE expecting LoL, prepare to be dissapointed. It's less about builds and exterior metagames, and more about skill, placement and gold control. And I'm not saying LoL has no skill, it's just not the more twitchy, aiming, pseudo-shooter style of SMITE

Smite's currently been picked up by several Esport netowrks, including Root and Curse, with more confirming Smite coverage. And the growth of Youtube and Twitch channels like Lassiz, Drybear and the support of people like Slyfoxhound and Steve Schwindt clearly show there's a demand for this game.

Give it some time, and the player base will become something awesome. Probably not close to LoL's hulking fanbase, but still one of the top Mobas for sure.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

yeah its dying thats why Curse and Root have picked up teams and Curse just sponsored a tourny for it which had a ton of teams sign up for it.

thats a sign of a dying game for sure.

lol @ the haters.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Smite replaced HON as my preferred moba, The HON community after going FTP went to shit...

The 30$ god pack is pretty cool but its not needed if you want to play smite, Smite does have a free pool of heroes that you can access at any time, but the 30$ pack does give you the freedom to save your currency to purchase skins for the heroes you already have unlocked.

In order to play ranked matches in Smite you have to first hit level 30 on your account and by the time you do so you would have already accumulated enough in game currency to purchase a few gods by then or a combination of a few gods and skins.

The 30$ deal is tempting but by no means necessary.

P.S. builds play a bigger role then some might think imho.