Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV will be the game of 2013 my bet!

124»

Comments

• MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105

Well, I'd have to admit to being biased if I were to cast a vote for game of the year, or MMO of the year.  What can I say, I'm a big Final Fantasy fan.

It is nice that they will finally deliver what they should have delivered with the first launch of XIV.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I hope Final Fantasy delivers that old school mmo play because this new level up in a week crap is just not for me.
  • tearsinraintearsinrain Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Murugan

I don't want a game that has to mass appeal to millions of "free" players in the hopes that enough of them will buy a "shiny hat of patheticness" in order to produce content I as a player am likely to be knickle and dimed for.

Subscription models do just fine at producing quality content.  Look at HBO.  In fact they do well because they are subscription based.  This frees them from having to cast a broad, cheap net, to lure in suckers.  People subscribe (or don't) because they like the game and the direction it is headed in.  There is not one single F2P or B2P game that is decent and going in a "good direction" (my opinion).

Spot on. I also find the community in pay-to-play games is so much tighter and more committed to the long-term success of a game.

• tearsinraintearsinrain Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Mannish
    I hope Final Fantasy delivers that old school mmo play because this new level up in a week crap is just not for me.

Ditto. I really long for the days of EQ1 in some ways. Everything felt really epic (it was) and granted, though we've come a long way and things are so much better, I miss it taking forever to level characters, as you got to see so much more of everything, explore, feel real danger.... ah the golden days of yore. Yes, there were plenty of problems too, but it was nice to enjoy the ride, I felt.

• brianw1brianw1 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Make it F2P then it will be the best 2013 :D