Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death System

LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

I cant seem to find much about it at all...anybody have info on it? 

At one point I heard there was item decay then they took that out...hmm

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

Comments

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Yeah, you die.
  • Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

realy >? you die and all achievments go down the drain?

sounds like NO fun

• SkaldirSkaldir Member UncommonPosts: 48

What I gathered from different sources is that if you die you lose a percentage of your experience.
    You can remove this penalty by spending labor points, which are also spent by crafting, building, farming etc. These points regenerate over time.
    When you carry refined materials on your back for building or trading goods, you will lose them upon death.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by Illudo

What I gathered from different sources is that if you die you lose a percentage of your experience.
    You can remove this penalty by spending labor points, which are also spent by crafting, building, farming etc. These points regenerate over time.
    When you carry refined materials on your back for building or trading goods, you will lose them upon death.

Awesome thanks for a relevent answer :D

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Pumuckl71
    realy >? you die and all achievments go down the drain?sounds like NO fun

Someone sure is gullible..:P

Originally posted by PvP4Life

Originally posted by Illudo What I gathered from different sources is that if you die you lose a percentage of your experience. You can remove this penalty by spending labor points, which are also spent by crafting, building, farming etc. These points regenerate over time. When you carry refined materials on your back for building or trading goods, you will lose them upon death.

You lose 5% xp of current lvl, starting at lvl 10. You don't lose any xp from PVP. Again you can remove this by using Labour points.

Items decay but they don't break. So an item can reach 0, and needs to be repaired, but it won't break and become useless.

If you need to carry heavy or large items, or anything you carry on your back. That can be looted from other players in PVP.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    An interesting tradeoff, since labor points are already fairly limited (by time) and thus valuable.

I prefer some sort of death penalty all the same, so cool.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Originally posted by Illudo What I gathered from different sources is that if you die you lose a percentage of your experience. You can remove this penalty by spending labor points, which are also spent by crafting, building, farming etc. These points regenerate over time. When you carry refined materials on your back for building or trading goods, you will lose them upon death.

You lose 5% xp of current lvl, starting at lvl 10. You don't lose any xp from PVP. Again you can remove this by using Labour points.

Items decay but they don't break. So an item can reach 0, and needs to be repaired, but it won't break and become useless.

If you need to carry heavy or large items, or anything you carry on your back. That can be looted from other players in PVP.

Items don't break? That seems like a HORRIBLE oversight. Goodbye crafting econ.
  • lilmark_utsalilmark_utsa Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Items don't break? That seems like a HORRIBLE oversight. Goodbye crafting econ.

That still depends on whether armor/weapons are bound to your character upon use.  I know Final Fantasy XI over looked this and what happened?  I buy a spear...use it...4 levels later I buy a new spear and sell the old one to someone else.  Poor crafters.  In the end they were not only competing against other crafters...but themselves as well.

Actually DavisFlight has a really good point. With nothing breaking, there isn't enough gold sinks in the game atm. So the economy is quickly becoming borked.

I don't mind if things don't break, but there needs to be more gold sinks.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530
    crafting will be useless with out scarcity added to game, and bound items are just dumb , they need eve style looting and economy then mmo will actuallly live up to its name
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

As much as i like the concept of this game, without item lose from decay, use, or other reasons........... you can never have a serious player economy. There is no way. Every mmo since the removeal of item decay/lose has been horrible.

Take SWG as an example. Crafting was booming, business aspect was huge. There were tons of crafters that undersold each other, competed for price, and paid out hefty amounts of cradits for resources to non-crafters. Everyone was getting paid and it was a rolling economy. Then they got rid of decay and introduced themepark loot based system. Within a year the player economy hit rock bottom, after 2 years you could barely find a good crafter any longer and every forum post in the trade forum was about special loot and not for crafted goods.

Since then nothing has changed due to people feeling spending 2% of their earned income on crafted good was a bad thing. That crafters were greedy for charging 10k for a sword, but the combatants turn around and sell special loot for millions. LOL.

In order for a good player economy you need some way to remove items from game, have competition, and repeat customers. Anything else will result in a poor crafting system and a bad player based economy.

I do hope the westernized version will be better. I want to play this game as a business man not as a pvp person. Though i will enjoy both, or try to anyways.

• AkerbeltzAkerbeltz Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by Onomas

As much as i like the concept of this game, without item lose from decay, use, or other reasons........... you can never have a serious player economy. There is no way. Every mmo since the removeal of item decay/lose has been horrible.

Take SWG as an example. Crafting was booming, business aspect was huge. There were tons of crafters that undersold each other, competed for price, and paid out hefty amounts of cradits for resources to non-crafters. Everyone was getting paid and it was a rolling economy. Then they got rid of decay and introduced themepark loot based system. Within a year the player economy hit rock bottom, after 2 years you could barely find a good crafter any longer and every forum post in the trade forum was about special loot and not for crafted goods.

Since then nothing has changed due to people feeling spending 2% of their earned income on crafted good was a bad thing. That crafters were greedy for charging 10k for a sword, but the combatants turn around and sell special loot for millions. LOL.

In order for a good player economy you need some way to remove items from game, have competition, and repeat customers. Anything else will result in a poor crafting system and a bad player based economy.

I do hope the westernized version will be better. I want to play this game as a business man not as a pvp person. Though i will enjoy both, or try to anyways.

Very well said, Sir.  I concur with every point you made (I was in SWG too...)

+1

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

It's disappointing to hear that items do not break from use - it's great for a game's economy.

I do like the sound of the death penalties in the game, though.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    There have been many mmo's that didntt have item destruction that had fine economies. This is just chicken little sky falling shit

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    There have been many mmo's that didntt have item destruction that had fine economies. This is just chicken little sky falling shit

You can have working economy without breaking items, but not without anything to use money or materials. The sinks are important.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

if your weapons and armour goes down to 0 durability you cant use them in combat, you need blacksmiths to repair them.

so there is an economy, you just need to have a blacksmith friend, clan mate, or nearest blacksmith. blacksmiths can also melt gears down to get those materials to upgrade gears, or use them to build buildings.

So dont just throw away or delete your old gears. everything is valuable in the game even old useless gears because of materials that blacksmiths can melt.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by archeageking

if your weapons and armour goes down to 0 durability you cant use them in combat, you need blacksmiths to repair them.

so there is an economy, you just need to have a blacksmith friend, clan mate, or nearest blacksmith. blacksmiths can also melt gears down to get those materials to upgrade gears, or use them to build buildings.

So dont just throw away or delete your old gears. everything is valuable in the game even old useless gears because of materials that blacksmiths can melt.

Even thought your whole gear would be on 0 durability the cost of repairing it would be less than 1 gold. And getting your gear to 0 durability will take you few weeks or months. I have never repaired my gear after reveling. Durability doesn't have any impact of the game anymore like it used to.

And items are not melted by blacksmiths they are melted by specific item you buy from blacksmith. 

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by coretex666

Does anyone know if there are any gear regulation mechanisms in the game?

Something like the system I described above where you can upgrade item with a chance of breaking it (or something similar).

There is a randomized quailty of the final product. After L40 all the crafted gear when made/upgraded has one of a number of sets it can be part of. Of those, only 1 of the L44 sets can be further upgraded to L48, of those again only one can further be upgraded to L50 set. Then of course, in addition to being of the proper set you also have gear quality to consider, ie Common/Uncommon/Rare/Heroic/Legendary etc... So if you  want the proper L50 set in full Artifact 'orange' con, well expect to craft a LOT, and have plenty of waste sets to sell or decon.