Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No One Quits WoW

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Thane

a) there are people who know what this game can / has to offer and 

b) there are people who played it because other people play it, to be part of the hype

a) hardly leaves. agreed.

b) thinks the LFR tool is everything, and after completing it they think  their game is done :)

Or

a) leaves because they are not new to MMOs and don't find the game particularly challenging or enjoyable

b) are probably the ones that stay, because they are casual and don't know any better.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Well, I played WoW from Burning Crusade to the middle of Cataclysm. I had a real good time and enjoyed it. But after these years i realized, that the game went into a direction I had less fun with. Things like the "dumbing down"/ lack of epic quests, the massive difficulty loss in every aspect of the game (well, ok, not PvP) and finally very poor raids and stories like the argentum tournament or most of the Cataclysm Lore.

Finally, at the start of MOP, i never wanted to get back. I left this game behind. It truly is not for me anymore.

Hodor!

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I have been off WoW since Cataclysm, BUT I did go back during cataclysm to kill deathwing which took a couple of weeks.

I seem to go back at the expansion release and level my character but when I hit essentially the same endgame again I just can't be bothered with it any more, I have made that many characters over the years that levelling from the start doesn't even appeal.

I could stick it out if my old guild existed but everyone went there seperate ways and it's hard to recreate that once it's gone.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

I was playing WOW during the first 3 months of release. Got to level 60, saw where the game was headed with raids and gear grind. me and a friend decided to see how much 'fun' the raids were going to be (had heard talk of just following orders, no freewill, DKP etc...) so we both joined a raid, Pretended to follow all orders, did absolutely nothing during it, still got DKP....total bore fest.

Quit after my 3 month subscription ended.

Never went back.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

I was playing WOW during the first 3 months of release. Got to level 60, saw where the game was headed with raids and gear grind. me and a friend decided to see how much 'fun' the raids were going to be (had heard talk of just following orders, no freewill, DKP etc...) so we both joined a raid, Pretended to follow all orders, did absolutely nothing during it, still got DKP....total bore fest.

Quit after my 3 month subscription ended.

Never went back.

I would imagine doing nothing is boring hahaha, what did you expect to happen if you didnt do anything?

Back in vanilla WoW you could carry people that done nothing in a raid pretty easily, you still can in the LFR level of raids but if you tried just tagging along pretending in any content from the burning crusade onwards you would be found out pretty swiftly.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

Total paid time in wow for me is 4 and a half years spent from release and forward in various sized chunks of time, haven't had WoW installed since shortly after the release of cata and haven't played it for over 2 years, obviously haven't bought MoP nor did I consider it beyond a possible time filler to GW2 before either release dates were confirmed.

I'm not coming back, not to the WoW we know atleast so I don't think the title is accurate.

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

3 years of WoW-free and going strong :)

V.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Quit WOW before the first expansion TBC haven't been back have no plans of returning. Now I did return toEQ2 for a bit.

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

I play WoW for about 1-2months years ago and then was so bored I deleted everything on the account and the game off my computer and then toss out the game. 

I dont even remember the email I use for it anymore.

• pauljr94132pauljr94132 Member Posts: 12
    only played it for a week and never cared for the game then i went to try guildwars its a much better game and also dont forget gw2 ^_^ and also if wow was hybrid f2p game then i would return to it
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Awesome video! (at least the commentary...even IF it is about WoW)

I quit WoW 6 months before MOP because of MOP

It isn't even installed on my system anymore!

Sadly, I still have a stupid subscription until April because of Dialbo 3....

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by Sibcoe
    Hi everyone -I wanted to share a show I did about coming back to WoW and what the game is really about.  I have been enjoying it and hope you ejoy hearing my thoughts on why "no one ever really quits WoW." No One Quits WoWAre you playing WoW, did you come back for MOP, are you having fun? Cheers 0/ 

well, glad you enjoy the game...but umm.....I quit. ^^

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I quit WoW awhile ago and haven't played MoP at all. I have no intention of playing WoW again until they overhaul their PvP system. I have no interest in doing instanced PvP in an MMO every again.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Are you playing WoW, did you come back for MOP, are you having fun?

Yes, No, Yes.  In that order.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • I quit WoW years ago and have no regrets. After the Diablo 3 fiasco, Blizz will never get another dime from me.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Haven't played since Burning Crusade. Take that, WoW and OP! 
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

No One Quits WoW 

Actually from my experience that's very far from truth.

Everyone quits WoW at some stage of their lives. Sometimes people comes back, a lot of times they don't. However the good thing with WoW is when some leave usually there is enough newblood to replace it.

That and plus sometimes people quit playing WoW but just don't cancel their sub, for whatever reasons.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I quit WoW after finishing the content in WotLK and never looked back.  With the cluster that Diablo 3 turned into, I don't even want to buy anymore Blizzard products.
  • LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Personally, I didn't just quit WoW, I quit everything Blizzard. Oh, and that was after TBC, actually.
  • TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Actually I quit WoW about 2 years ago, havn't looked back since.  The game is old and dated.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by zenryoku
    I quit WoW years ago and have no regrets. After the Diablo 3 fiasco, Blizz will never get another dime from me.

Fiasco?  Really?

I DIDNT LIKE THE GAME!  WHAT A FIASCO!

• StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I confess I never have quit playing wow. Probally because when I got my beta invite and went to their site  and looked more closely at the screenshots/ features I decided not to play and never did. I did almost played wow a couple times when friends asked but didn't because it looks like someone barfed out an ugly daoc/eq.
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I quit back in Burning Crusades. 

I will never play it again.  Every reason given in the video can be said by any fan of any mmo. 

Yes people quit WoW.  I did.  I have friends that did and never looked back.   WoW does what it trys to do pretty well.  I'm not trying to knock it.  But it's pretty bold to say people never really quit WoW.  Do they have the record highest population ever?  No.  They've been loosing subs for years. 

People do quit WoW.  All the time, and in fact, never go back.  I am one of them. 

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
    Some of us might have a real life, the true MMO. 

• SibcoeSibcoe Member UncommonPosts: 61

I am currently trying to get through all of the posts from this.  I really love and appreciate everyone's feedback, and am really glad you all found the topic interesting.  Much more to come.

Cheers 0/