Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG Tool! Help Rally! Thread going on Official Forums ...

jgortnerjgortner Member Posts: 4

Hi there,

I have started an official thread on the GW2 forums to try and get some attention regarding the LFG tool.  If you have ANY interest in getting ourselves a LFG tool please take just a quick moment to head over and type just a short reply, even a "Yes!" will do!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/suggestions/LFG-Tool-Discussion-merged

The more they see this stuff the faster they'll get it! Let's make it happen!

J

Comments

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by jgortner

Hi there,

I have started an official thread on the GW2 forums to try and get some attention regarding the LFG tool.  If you have ANY interest in getting ourselves a LFG tool please take just a quick moment to head over and type just a short reply, even a "Yes!" will do!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/suggestions/LFG-Tool-Discussion-merged

The more they see this stuff the faster they'll get it! Let's make it happen!

J

A lack of a in game LFG system is the reason I just don't do dungs. I have done them in the past but stoped, I just do Spvp and some WvW now, I would love to play the game where all I have to do iis Q up and get a grp going, I don't have the time to form a grp and some days I dont want to be socal I just want to play the game and be left alone and that means even in a grp, I'll read but not type a word.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

As long as they don't make it cross server then I am ok with it. When WoW introduced cross server ques for dungeons I noticed an inflation in the amount of asshats that I ran with because there was little to no concequences for their actions seeing as how they were usually on a different server.

I tried the third party LFG tool website and found it a little confusing and annoying when I was in the middle of the dungeon with a few nasty replies telling me to take the posting down since it was still up.  In the very lest they should implement some sort of "flag system" like FFXI had in the least do others can have a place to see who is looking for group activities and what type because standing in the zone of the dungeons and spamming is a little annoying especially when you have already 100% the map while waiting.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    This is really not that important, the fan made site is working perfectly.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by mazut

Why use a 3rd party when it's a feature that should be in the game?

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Kaneth

IMO, why have them dedicate scarce resources on a problem that is already fixed.  gw2lfg works perfectly.  It isnt as nice as an ingame function would be but it still works nicely. 

I would rather them work on other things first.

EDIT:  It really goes to show how good a community there is in GW2 when people go out of their way to solve problems in game.  Just how dulfy made the weapon skins gallery because we couldnt use the preview in the TP.  The lfg website is another great example as well.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

@ FlawSGI: Cross Server Dungeon grouping was always possible, cross server play was built into every facet of GW2 besides WvW.

@ everyone else: they're working on one, finally realizing it's a good idea to have a useful group finding tool. no amount of threads and bullshit will speed up the process.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Not sure if relying on the playerbase to solve the game's deficiency is considered "fixed".

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by jpnz
    Not sure if relying on the playerbase to solve the game's deficiency is considered "fixed".

Not sure relying on technology to solve social problems is either.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I know they need one. But I would not have them do this as a high priority, why? http://www.gw2lfg.com/

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Maephisto

IMO, why have them dedicate scarce resources on a problem that is already fixed.  gw2lfg works perfectly.  It isnt as nice as an ingame function would be but it still works nicely. 

EDIT:  It really goes to show how good a community there is in GW2 when people go out of their way to solve problems in game.  Just how dulfy made the weapon skins gallery because we couldnt use the preview in the TP.  The lfg website is another great example as well.

Except that the problem isn't already fixed. It's very nice that the community came together and made a LFG tool via a website, but not everyone will know to use it, or want to use a 3rd party in lieu of a LFG Tool. Considering that the social aspect of the game is supposed to be a priority, an in game LFG tool should be given importance.

The community has stepped up in many regards; the LFG website, DragonTimers, Weapon Skin Previews (I think they are working on Armor Skins too), even the Trade Post Tracking site that shows price fluxuations for items, are all wonderful though, don't get me wrong.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Isn't there already an LFG tool in game? Press 'Y' and hit the LFG tab and viola?

I'm pretty sure they've already stated that they will not have an automatic dungeon finder like most of the other games, but they were looking at expanding the capability of the LFG tool in game already.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Except that the problem isn't already fixed. It's very nice that the community came together and made a LFG tool via a website, but not everyone will know to use it, or want to use a 3rd party in lieu of a LFG Tool. Considering that the social aspect of the game is supposed to be a priority, an in game LFG tool should be given importance.

The community has stepped up in many regards; the LFG website, DragonTimers, Weapon Skin Previews (I think they are working on Armor Skins too), even the Trade Post Tracking site that shows price fluxuations for items, are all wonderful though, don't get me wrong.

I understand what you are saying, but in terms of priority I would say it's very low. There is already a work around, there are many other things they should probably look into first.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

@ FlawSGI: Cross Server Dungeon grouping was always possible, cross server play was built into every facet of GW2 besides WvW.

@ everyone else: they're working on one, finally realizing it's a good idea to have a useful group finding tool. no amount of threads and bullshit will speed up the process.

I wasn't questioning it's possibility, only stating that from past experience, when you give players the means to troll other gamers with little to no consequences, then they can really ruin peoples game experiences. I don't want to get paired with others from another server who have a bad day and decide they want to act out in whatever way knowing they won't see the other members once the group breaks. Sinple as that. If that is the direction they go in I'd rather do without.

Don't mistake what I meant with guesting which is what you are referring to, that I don't mind. Throwing people together randomly through a que in a LFG tool and having the player pool be from servers other than your own really killed the dungeon experience for me in the past.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by Trudge34

Isn't there already an LFG tool in game? Press 'Y' and hit the LFG tab and viola?

I'm pretty sure they've already stated that they will not have an automatic dungeon finder like most of the other games, but they were looking at expanding the capability of the LFG tool in game already.

No, this only tag players who want to group. But for what purpose? This is not lfg tool its something, ... its ... I don't kow what it is :/

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

An LFG tool is great. The reason WoW made it cross-server is to remedy low-to-mid-level population issues when trying to do dungeons.

Atleast.....I think they did. I mean...it makes sense.

That said, I don't believe GW2 needs cross-server. 

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

While we are at it. Let's not be able to private message others because we have things such as instant messenger sites/programs! That's totally acceptable.