Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Control 2: The Ur'Quan Master HD

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Star Control 2 released back in 1992 and I ofc picked it up and enjoyed it for months on end.

Then in 2002 It turned freeware and some fans picked up and start working on it and renamed it Ur'Quan Masters and released a playable version with better music and bug fixes.

Now after 20 years the HD version has arrived with new features.

It's free to download and play.

Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUsLMSLam0

And here is the DL link:http://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

Enjoy!

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• byroncarawaybyroncaraway Member Posts: 5
    I didnt heard about that game but seems so old. And your are continually following that. Great!!!
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I had a lot of fun with SC2 and SC3.  I found myself needing to cheat in terms of fuel when replaying though.  It made it a lot more fun.  I'll have to try this version out sometime.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by byroncaraway
    I didnt heard about that game but seems so old. And your are continually following that. Great!!!

Not really continually follow it, dropping in like  once a year to checkout.

Sure the game seems old It's beacuse It is old, but with the new HD enhancement is looks like It could have been made by a indi studio today.

The game in short is:

You as a captain of and old alien ship you found during a exploration on a alien world came back to Earth after many years only to see Earth and I'ts allies has lost a war and are now slaves under Ur'Quan.

Your job is to try remake the old Alliance, find new allies, new tech to help, find ancient devices to aid you, explore planets and mine for minerals to buy better euqipments for your vessel, find alien lifeforms to trade for rare tech to a weird looking alien who love to orbit red giant stars.

This is also oldschool, so you need to write down all the info you get from aliens on a paper (unless you take the easy way around and look on the internet)

The game don't support mouse so you only keyes are esc,space,enter and arrow keyes.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I guess most of the members on this site wasen't born when this game was released or the ones who did play games back then prolly only played Quake and other mainstream games image Shame

Anyway, I suggest you guys try it out if you like space exploration, euqip your own starship and meet weird alien races.

• Ca5perCa5per Member Posts: 4
    When i seen this post i had to make an account to say thanks! I had this game for the 3DO , and i still talk about it today. I wish they would make an MMO like this game, i would have to say it's one of my absolute favorites, thanks again!
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Wow damn I'm gonna download this! Was a big fan of Star Con 2 and will play again.

Thanks for the link :)

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    I loved this game when I was younger, I may have to check this out.