Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of wushu is advertised as open pvp, LIES! PVP Sucks! 72 hours in jail.

Comments

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    The only games I hesitate on are Open world pvp were players like the OP can typically run around ganking lowbies who stand no chance for 'fun' and can get away without a mark against them in some dillusion that it takes remotely any skill.

^ This. Serves you well OP, the gaming world is probably a better place without your avatar around.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

To the OP.

You could always kill constables to reduce that timer.  However, you just went on a random noob killing spree (were you the one responsible for the "Suzhou Massacre"? - then yeah, get owned.

Life's tough.  You are fortunate that I wasn't the one that found you.

Besides even IF you get caught you can:

A) Bribe guards.

B) Talk to the NPCs and hope for the miracle encounter random escape.

C) Stage a prison break with some of your friends a little before your schedule execution.

However, it seems like you did this without any in-game friends and no guild.  Sounds like bad planning to me.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    if is criminalist cant bribem and I think he is as I as non criminalist could log off and timer was going down
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

And once again we see the true motivations of many open world PVP players.  Consequence free ganking of players for their own chuckles and amusement. 

Age of Wushu does have open world PVP.  It's just not consequence free.  Ganker......OWNED.  Bam.  Love it. 

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

So, just so I have this straight, can someone actually explain this system to me? If I go out and PK someone my own level, what happens? Is the jail time penalty only for killing low level players?

If it's only a penalty for killing low level players, I'm all on board about maybe trying this game out. If you have to spend real game time sitting in a jail cell though for PvPing people your level though, no thanks.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Nadril

So, just so I have this straight, can someone actually explain this system to me? If I go out and PK someone my own level, what happens? Is the jail time penalty only for killing low level players?

If it's only a penalty for killing low level players, I'm all on board about maybe trying this game out. If you have to spend real game time sitting in a jail cell though for PvPing people your level though, no thanks.

You sound like you're threatening not to play or something. 

It's a great system regardless of your opinion on same level PKing. I don't even see how that has anything to do with it. 

No matter the level, you can attack anyone and if you gank them they can put a bounty on your head. So you can PK 100 people your level and get nothing, or you can PK a pissed off guy who puts a 100L bounty out for you. In that case if police catch you, you go to jail. If they don't, you don't. 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I think OP needs to learn what pvp is supposed to be, running around ganking people who cannot fight back due to char level etc is NOT pvp, pvp is when you fight someone of around equil power, But the op seems like to much of a chicken to fight anyone their own level which means hes just a greifer and not a real pvper. A real pvper enjoys the challenge of taking someoen down who is just as strong as they are, ganking noobs just shows that your a griefing asshat. The game is open pvp but it has a crime system, You mass murder and get killed your going to jail. You can bribe the guards to get out early I think though. You can pk 2-3 people then let the Infamy go away then do it again. Either way it makes me happy to see a griefer get what they deserve, maybe you'll learn a lesson.

The guild I am in, in Age of Wushu specifically goes around hunting down people like the op for sport. Bascally the guild I am in if we hear about someone like the op, we watch for them.

I quit age of wushu though I ended up finding the game extremly boring after a short while, I like to kill things and killing npcs in age of wushu outside of instances is usually a waste of your time unless you have a quest for them. Though I do admit I did enjoy the puzzle game to level up my tailoring, that was something diffrent.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by EndDream
    QQ Man, you did the crime do the time. This acually makes me interested in the game though, 

/agree

I didn't look at Age of Wushu yet, but if there's a criminal ruleset around PvP like this I think I might jump into it. Now I only need to know how to wash the 'bad karma' from the crimes committed ;-)

Well I pked a random person and got 400 infamy, my school has a rule where if you get over 2k infmaly you get penalized and have to repent, you only turn red if you go over a certan amount. It'll slowly go away while your online, you will have a orange name which means you killed someone recently, but your not free for all yet until your name goes red, I am not sure how much infamy that is, but I am going to guess its probally once you hit over 2000.

I've been pked in age of wushu alot, it doesn't bother me, its a part of the game. Though most of my being pked experences have been high levels greifing newer players like me at the time, insted of some actual real pvp. Greifing a noob=pk, real pvp=fighting someone at about the same power level as you. Greifers tend to be chicken shits, who are too scared to fight anyone who is able to fight back, like the op for example. Personally, I hunt greifers down if I am strong enough because no one wants assholes like that in the game anyway. Personally I don't think the penalty for mass pking is hard enough. AoW has a rare sense of law and order that most mmo's lack these days. Bascally greifers get whats coming to them. I love real pvp, i never gank people who can't fight back because I personally find no fun in it. I enjoy a good fight, and it feels even better when you win a fight vs someone who is a challenge insted of pking some random noob who is weaker than a monster your level.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Downloading the game now. You definitely reminded me of old school UO and getting jailed. Can't wait to give the game a shot, but I do not hold my expectations high for any mmo any longer. Thanks for encouraging me with your post OP!
     I've been here a while...
  • SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

That actually sounds interesting, it's something I've thought about and why nobody has added that concept into a sandbox MMO, however the way this is implemented sound horribly stupid. There should be something to do while in jail. Locking people away from playing the game sounds pretty fucking counter productive.

But what would you expect, KOREA the worlds capital of developer incompetence.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
    Originally posted by Nadril So, just so I have this straight, can someone actually explain this system to me? If I go out and PK someone my own level, what happens? Is the jail time penalty only for killing low level players? If it's only a penalty for killing low level players, I'm all on board about maybe trying this game out. If you have to spend real game time sitting in a jail cell though for PvPing people your level though, no thanks.

It's a great system regardless of your opinion on same level PKing. I don't even see how that has anything to do with it. 

No matter the level, you can attack anyone and if you gank them they can put a bounty on your head. So you can PK 100 people your level and get nothing, or you can PK a pissed off guy who puts a 100L bounty out for you. In that case if police catch you, you go to jail. If they don't, you don't. 

Why would I be threatening not to play? I'm just curious if the game is for me. Jesus.

So pretty much I can go for a while and not have any penalty, but if someone hates me enough to pay gold (or w/e the currency is) than they can throw me in jail? Are the police actually something you can avoid or what?

Ah well, doesn't really sound like my kind of game. Thanks for answering anyways.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by smokefin

72 hours in jail. I killed 30 people and after that i died to 4 other players and went to jail. Now i need to serve 72 game time hours of jail. I literally didnt belive it at first, but its true. SO:

I play 4 hours a day, that means that i will be released from prison in 18 real life days, IF i managed to be online all those 4 hours aday, after that i will be executed and i will have halved stats for 24 hour game time. So i'm back to normal in 26 days if i play 4 hours aday.

Unsubscribed soon as i found out. This is clearly not a game for me, but carebares. I'm not going to pay for a game where i cannot function for 26 days. Also, there is no world pvp, only duels. Sure there are guild wars, but wtf... who gives a fuck about guilds, im not even in one. So there is no pvp for me if im unguilded.

I can say that i really enjoyed the sandbox and graphics, but this game is mucking retarded.

Thanks for reading.

Stop treating the game like a Ganking Buffet. There are other games for you to do that in.

Game is working as intended.

[mod edit]

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55
    After hearing of this kinda makes me wonder about other system they have ingame. I quickly looked this game over after a day or so.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Hi Smoke

Your post has actually done the exact opposite of turning me away from trying the game, to wanting to give it a go. So many games these days suffer from lack of consequences to the players actions. The fact you can be jailed in game for committing a crime is an interesting idea. You mentioned you killed 30 people, yet you complain because there is a punishment for your actions? No offense, but saying the game is for carebears after you went on a killing spree and then get caught and then complain you have to spend 72 hours in jail, seems a little funny to me. Would you prefer a game that encourages senseless killing without any punishment?

You mentioned there are Guild Wars also? Another interesting feature for sure. I will be checking this game out.

Thank you for your post and for letting many of us know about this sandbox mmorpg

Kind Regards

Manaia

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Nadril

Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Originally posted by Nadril So, just so I have this straight, can someone actually explain this system to me? If I go out and PK someone my own level, what happens? Is the jail time penalty only for killing low level players? If it's only a penalty for killing low level players, I'm all on board about maybe trying this game out. If you have to spend real game time sitting in a jail cell though for PvPing people your level though, no thanks.

Why would I be threatening not to play? I'm just curious if the game is for me. Jesus.

So pretty much I can go for a while and not have any penalty, but if someone hates me enough to pay gold (or w/e the currency is) than they can throw me in jail? Are the police actually something you can avoid or what?

Ah well, doesn't really sound like my kind of game. Thanks for answering anyways.

They are players.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • asmadeousasmadeous Member Posts: 70

I purchased the "Deluxe Edition" or whatever from Snail Games. I played for a few hours and was ready to give up on it since I was just completely lost with no aim or sense of direction with this game. With no one willing to help answer my questions I was a fish out of water.

OP--

You have resparked my fire to pick this game back up.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Really? Jail ? That sounds frigging amazing, I'm gonna try this game. Features like that sounds really awesome, and is a breath of fresh air!
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Stopped reading after "I killed 30 people" how is that now open PvP? And you getting sent to jail makes it suck cause you killed 30 noobs and got killed by people better than you?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Dam a lot will love this challenge.this yell:CATCH ME IF YOU CAN .mm interesting idea,I don't know on the long term but this season it might have its appeal.who knows it might actually be the next WOW.
  • FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Op seriously reminded me of my early days in the Army doing PT before the sun came up. Every soldier always complains about PT, especially before the sun comes up and on inclement weather days. On days when it would be raining or snowing and we would be out doing muscle days on the ground, we had a 1st Sgt that would take control of PT and do the cadence "WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH, I WANNA GO HOME, WAAH WAAAH WAAAH, I WANNA GO HOME!"

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456

Wow, that is the most awesome PVP rule set I have ever heard of!  If you go around ganking innocent people, you pay the price.  That is freaking awesome.  I am going to have to look closer at this game now.  I like PVPing, but I'm not a big fan of ganking people that can't fight back, nor being ganked by much higher levels.

The only thing I will agree with is that I sort of do think attacking players of the same level on a PVP server should either be legal or punished less severely.  After all, it is at least somewhat of a fair fight if they aren't 10 levels higher than you.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    I wonder if you caused 72 hours worth of damage to fellow players. Would be interesting to know.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Raventree

Wow, that is the most awesome PVP rule set I have ever heard of!  If you go around ganking innocent people, you pay the price.  That is freaking awesome.  I am going to have to look closer at this game now.  I like PVPing, but I'm not a big fan of ganking people that can't fight back, nor being ganked by much higher levels.

The only thing I will agree with is that I sort of do think attacking players of the same level on a PVP server should either be legal or punished less severely.  After all, it is at least somewhat of a fair fight if they aren't 10 levels higher than you.

there are many options if you want to pvp people your level without commitng a crime. 
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I play 4 hours a day, that means that i will be released from prison in 18 real life days, IF i managed to be online all those 4 hours aday, after that i will be executed and i will have halved stats for 24 hour game time. So i'm back to normal in 26 days if i play 4 hours aday.

I thought the time advanced regardless of being logged in or not. So it is just 3 days either way. That's how special item timers have worked for me.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Har har! don't do the crime if you're not willing to do the time!

*i really like age of wushu but the awful latency is dealbreaker for me, hopefully age of wulin is less laggy*

This discussion has been closed.