Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The Thunder King Official Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has released a new official trailer from the forthcoming World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria  content expansion, The Thunder King. The trailer features some of the lore behind the update. See what you think!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    It's a shame that the patch only brings something new for the raiders. I quit raiding in WoW a couple of years back. I was never fond of it. Sometimes it seems like Blizzard cares nothing for the regular PvP'er or PvE'er ....only the raider.  /shrug  I wasn't that impressed with the video either. And that's coming from someone still playing WoW that actually likes the game. Still.....didn't impress me.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I was never serious enough to raid full time so I would just pug. As a pug though it used t op be a real treet to actually get into a raid. Met alot of new people that way and stronger bonds were built. Though I still enjoy WoW, raidfinder took thewind out of my sails. As a pug to get into a raid it felt like Christmas.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    It's a shame that the patch only brings something new for the raiders. I quit raiding in WoW a couple of years back. I was never fond of it. Sometimes it seems like Blizzard cares nothing for the regular PvP'er or PvE'er ....only the raider.  /shrug  I wasn't that impressed with the video either. And that's coming from someone still playing WoW that actually likes the game. Still.....didn't impress me.

because wow is full of nolifers. and prolyl your not the target audience.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    And as bad as that looks im going to go ahead and shut off this stupid text prediction on my phone now
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    top notch trailer - shame I played to 90 and stopped - just don't have time for raiding or end game stuff - theres been a ton of content added to Mists probably more released thus far then they had over the entire span of Cata.
  • zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by expresso
    top notch trailer - shame I played to 90 and stopped - just don't have time for raiding or end game stuff - theres been a ton of content added to Mists probably more released thus far then they had over the entire span of Cata.

Unless you raid there is shit for content I agree with the other guy about them only worry about raiders and group pvpers. Where is my 1v1 arenas ffs?

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Love Blizzard, played WoW from vanilla and stopped at Panda... This seems like more of the same... Raiders will grind these patches to dust within weeks of release. Everyone else will get the consolation gear from a raid finder group. Forums will thrive with flamed posts and epeen players. Same WoW formula, different time.
  • RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

I got bored, and skipped ahead to realize that they have no written annotations or CC. I'm not deaf, but I don't have my sound on. I didn't receive much info about the patch nor did it interest me at all. I stopped playing a while back and this doesn't appeal to me in the least bit. It quite honestly just looks like the players were complaining so they threw together a video to shut them up.

Players: "When is the next expansion coming out? I am end-game raider and I am bored and My guild burned through the last set of raids in 1 day."

Blizzard: "It's coming out soon."

Players: "Why don't we have the patch yet? Why isn't the raid here now? When can I raid new stuff? Why don't you listen to me?"

Blizzard: "Shut your trap, here's a dang video. Sheesh..."

Note to Blizzard: Use text notes and annotations if you plan to appeal to all audiences. Sometimes it's better just to release written notes instead of a worthless video.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Actually looks good as far as raids go, could be ulduar level quality...but then blizz provide a watered down lfr experience, gateing to make all that creativity worthless in 2 shakes of your tail. Still lots of 'gear' and 'achievments' and endless balancing issues to keep that muddy water swirling away.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Was pretty epic rhyming, and this makes me wish I enjoyed raiding at all. I have played WoW since launch, and I always quit when I get to end-game and start raiding. Even with the LFR system, I've no interest. I started playing MoP again when it launched, and after a little over a month, I got to 90, got my ilvl high enough to run raids, and after the first two raids were over, I just couldn't be bothered to keep going. lol
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Something for the raiders to be happy about. Yeah they care more for the higher levels. Eg: lvl 89 healing = a bit off lvl 90 healing = fine. I stopped raiding around mid bc. PvE except end game raiding = dead

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Ye I was same, there's nothing epic about airing down 5 man instances in 10 minutes, and raids in 20 - it just becomes pointless flashes of colour. It goes so fast you barely get to use you char properly as it was designed to be played. Total disengagement achieved!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Ye I was same, there's nothing epic about airing down 5 man instances in 10 minutes, and raids in 20 - it just becomes pointless flashes of colour. It goes so fast you barely get to use you char properly as it was designed to be played. Total disengagement achieved!

So run Challenge mode 5 mans or Heroic raids....

I will never understand that arguemnt..."WoW's content is too easy and boring, because I choose to only do WoW's easy and boring content"

Yes yes yes yes we have heard all this before, I'm obviously not talking about those levels am I. Now tell me why does lfr and 5 mans have to be dumbed down to the level where you can aoe spam it- what is the point. Remember that first kill of cthun, or illiden etc. now imagine how unsatisfying those kills would have been if you knew 600 other guilds faceroll aoe that very same instance.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Zzz.... more of the same. Disposable content that will be ran through within a month. Nothing in the trailer makes me wanna come back to WoW.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Complete with cliche Chinaman voice over.

You make me like charity

I ca see use my powers to tell you was gonna be On mmo champion for the next 6 months (not mmOchamps fault) x number of boss guides, followed by 16 pages of balancing issue discussions, next bosses released, first 3 bosses nerfed to oblivion, another 16 million pages of balancing issues - and so on for eternity.

Yes yes yes yes we have heard all this before, I'm obviously not talking about those levels am I. Now tell me why does lfr and 5 mans have to be dumbed down to the level where you can aoe spam it- what is the point. Remember that first kill of cthun, or illiden etc. now imagine how unsatisfying those kills would have been if you knew 600 other guilds faceroll aoe that very same instance.

Because its a group of 25 strangers with no coordination...if you want tough fights that require coordination, do those then....dont be mad because the game has "options" lol

Rubbish blizzard propaganda, those 9 million loyal customers get better not worse over time. Remember in the past when pugs were fun because it was challenging, and the challenge was compensating for the lesser experienced players. Lot more rewarding kills too for all concerned.

That was before blizzard introduced and cultivated the culture that expects a constant reward stream. 'they are entitled' they shout as the fat child engorges himself on that 19th slice of pizzas he usually loves but is sick to death of/but must keep eating..

That was before blizzard introduced and cultivated the culture that expects a constant reward stream. 'they are entitled' they shout as the fat child engorges himself on that 19th slice of pizzas he usually loves but is sick to death of/but must keep eating..

lol, why do you keep raging over them releasing their 15th raid tier? MMOs are alive and healthy, you should be happy for that.

I think I got sick of pizza :)

So now I play mmos :)

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by just1opinion

There is an entire new zone of non raid stuff, including an area with tougher mobs for groups.

Its funny how in any game people will see that a path contains a raid and say 'oh, its only for raiders' and ignore the rest of the patch.

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    i quit wow, loved this game but devs so lazy and world so dead, anyway how it is possible, you come to epic 25 man raid and bosses... just oversized world mobs, meh