Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get a free beta key!

STARSBarrySTARSBarry Member Posts: 19

ok I posted this on steam offtopic but no one cares so copy PASTA

"ok ok I have seen a few topics poping up about neverwinter online and how its damn hard to get a beta key without putting money down

but I have found a way you see PC Gamer in the USA gave away a beta key with there latest issue HOWEVER what of there virtual subscribers.... did they email them a key direct? 

NOPE

they instead set up a site.... 

http://promo.pcgamer.com/Neverwinter/

now there are details to fill in (they email you a link which you click on to verify your email then email you another with the code)

the problems are the questions (which ask you about something in that magazine) but you can keep refreshing the page as a new question will appear most you cant guess but some you can the ones I had answers to are

Q.When does the game last light take place?

A.2034

Q.What class was mentioned first from neverwinter?

A.great weapon fighter

Q.how many classes have been announced for neverwinter?

A.5

Q.what class was mentioned THIRD for neverwinter

A.trickster rouge

Q.What score did we give Natural Selection 2?

A.90

BFC.Slander has kindly made a guide to answers on his own site please go here to view them

just keep refreshing till you get one you can answer fill in the details and BAM! email with a code

if anyone has any answers to other questions feel free to post them below and il add em to the list when I get time

I do know theres a few farming sites and that perfect world has warned people against key scams, but really this is legit. posts testifying to this will help me out alot as I want as many people to try this game as possible to help not only spread the word but help make em shell out for a founders pack if they like it as much as I do.

happy hunting"

yeah so give it a shot right

oh I thought I should mention beta aint 24/7 next weekend is 8th of march

ONCE YOU HAVE A KEY

go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/ and log in or create a PWAccount then hit the gametab on the main neverwinter site page and redeem key... you will also get one of two horses with the key which unlock for the account (its random which one you get)

Stormraider Horse

Pale Horse 

LITTLE EXTRA INFO ABOUT WHAT THESE KEYS DO FOR BETA ACCESS!

Keys are good for all beta weekends aparently as confirmed by this post

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!/page60&p=1055931&viewfull=1#post1055931

Comments

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Thanks it worked, got a beta key. :D
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • STARSBarrySTARSBarry Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Signex
    Thanks it worked, got a beta key. :D

what horse you get? (it tells ya in brackets after the beta key once its redeemed) I got the stormhorse.... 3 TIMES (aprently you can get both if you lucky enough)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

i already have the founders pack but i also had the pc gamer code put in before, here's how it shows on my account page

• Key Redeemed
    • Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    • Alpha Friend - Phase 2
    • TL2 Preorders
    • PC Gamer (Pale Horse)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5271/lawlbonus.jpg

grahhhhhh I wanted that damn pale horse.... mine currently looks like that ¬_¬

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Thanks mate, been dying to try this game ^^ if you ever need some help in EVE-Online shoot me a message on here and I'll give ya hand :).

Aero, when the next event starts... looks for the dwarf diving into groups of enemies buff nakkid yelling 12! 13! 14! IMMA BEAT THAT LEGO'S FRUITY ASS!, that'll be me :D

• mfukmfuk Member Posts: 24

thank you :)

Originally posted by Dihoru

Thanks mate, been dying to try this game ^^ if you ever need some help in EVE-Online shoot me a message on here and I'll give ya hand :).

Aero, when the next event starts... looks for the dwarf diving into groups of enemies buff nakkid yelling 12! 13! 14! IMMA BEAT THAT LEGO'S FRUITY ASS!, that'll be me :D

lol ill keep a look out

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Thanks it worked,  your  my new best friend now :) 

cheers mate 

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    what do I write in response to: Who writes the "You're Playing" letter in our Send section?

imageimage

Originally posted by Urvan
    what do I write in response to: Who writes the "You're Playing" letter in our Send section?

if you cant answer it refresh the page till a question you can answer presents itself

I have a list of 3 answers that I know in the OP... the rest I dont since I never bought the mag you will have to keep refreshing till you get one of those or anouther random one you might know... 

Originally posted by STARSbarry

if you cant answer it refresh the page till a question you can answer presents itself

I have a list of 3 answers that I know in the OP... the rest I dont since I never bought the mag you will have to keep refreshing till you get one of those or anouther random one you might know... 

It doesn't seem to give me any other question when I refresh.

imageimage

Originally posted by STARSbarry

It doesn't seem to give me any other question when I refresh.

this is odd Im using crome and it works fine... other than some sort of issue caused by brower cookies I cant really think of anouther reason.... just done it now refreshed page 5 times diffrent question 5 times

try using a diffrent browser?

• Rehab13Rehab13 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Awesome. It worked for me too! Pale horse.... Thanks!
    Originally posted by STARSBarry

this is odd Im using crome and it works fine... other than some sort of issue caused by brower cookies I cant really think of anouther reason.... just done it now refreshed page 5 times diffrent question 5 times

try using a diffrent browser?

Meh, seems I had to litterally reload the page, close it and open it.  I'm using firefox btw.

imageimage

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Thanks worked for me :)

if you get the question "what class was mentioned THIRD for neverwinter" the answer is "trickster rogue"

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    if you get the question "what class was mentioned THIRD for neverwinter" the answer is "trickster rogue"

thanks I shall add to the list

I just got the one mentioning the first class.  How long does it take to give you a key reward?

Thank you for confirming your digital subscription to PC Gamer! Please find your unique code below.

PC Gamer

Your unique code in this competition is: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

I got this in an email, crossed out the code of course so no one else uses it, what do I do with that? is that the NWN code or something else?

imageimage

I just got the one mentioning the first class.  How long does it take to give you a key reward?

the first email should be almost imediate to the adress given... this is however not the key, you will need to click the link inside that email to verify the adress, after that beta keys took between almost instant to 3 minutes to arrive.

remember to check your spam folder

• dekondekon Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Thanks! it worked for me! too bad its only on the weekends :(
  • 5 seconds or so after validating the submission from your email it should arrive.

Thanks OP, works great! 

BTW

for this question

Q.how many classes have been announced for neverwinter?

the answer is the number 5. (not spelled out as five) Obviously not a big deal but just thought I'd let you know :).

the first email should be almost imediate to the adress given... this is however not the key, you will need to click the link inside that email to verify the adress, after that beta keys took between almost instant to 3 minutes to arrive.

I edited my previous message, please check it

Oh wow, I just remembered I bought the guardian pack lol.  Though I dont' recall getting into beta yet :-/

imageimage

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    t f t h u

I edited my previous message, please check it

il repost the bottem part of my OP

oh I thought I should mention beta aint 24/7 next weekend is 8th of march also you need to go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/ and log in or create a PWAccount then hit the gametab on the main neverwinter site page and redeem key... you will also get one of two horses with the key which unlock for the account (its random which one you get)

also if you have guardian you will defacto be in beta... you dont need to apply a key your account is just unlocked as standard.... the good news is this key will net you anouther exclusive mount although no where near as cool as your armored war horse

il repost the bottem part of my OP

oh I thought I should mention beta aint 24/7 next weekend is 8th of march also you need to go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/ and log in or create a PWAccount then hit the gametab on the main neverwinter site page and redeem key... you will also get one of two horses with the key which unlock for the account (its random which one you get)

also if you have guardian you will defacto be in beta... you dont need to apply a key your account is just unlocked as standard.... the good news is this key will net you anouther exclusive mount although no where near as cool as your armored war horse

Yeah, what I don't understand is why I wasn't emailed yet to tell me about the upcoming beta.. btw, is there any page to show the difference in stats for the mounts?

imageimage