Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] WildStar: Mechari Aren’t Your Average Robots

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We continue our look at the known races from Carbine Studios' WildStar. This time, the Mechari are profiled to give fans a bit of lore and other interesting tidbits of information. Read on!

The Mechari were created by the Eldan to serve as soldiers and workers. If anything they hold the most secrets of any race heading to planet Nexus. Because the Eldan had left their legacy to the Cassians and the Mechari remain long after the Eldan had gone this union is an easy one to put together. In any sci-fi game a robot race is almost needed and Chad agrees that the Mechari bring an interesting angle to the Dominion.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's WildStar: Mechari Aren’t Your Average Robots.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I'm very curious as to how armor is going to work with this race.  I mean, they're already made of metal(I'm assuming).  Is it going to be like armor on top of metal? 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by achesoma
    I'm very curious as to how armor is going to work with this race.  I mean, they're already made of metal(I'm assuming).  Is it going to be like armor on top of metal? 

Wow thats one hell of a question youre asking yourself, probably even the devs cant answer that :(

• shadowmageshadowmage Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I would assume it is how it is done in other such games. The Mechari are modular and they pull off the old cheast/arm/leg/ext plate and replace it with a new better/stronger one. How that would appear in game no clue, but that is how I would do it or make it in lore.

Emissary of Istaria
    imageimage

• NuckelaveeNuckelavee Member CommonPosts: 2
    Humanoids wear leather armors, so i think that it's something like that.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

There is pics of them wearing the same armor as the other races. I thought it would look dumb but it looked awesome!!!

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88

Your answer.

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Cool.  Doesn't look half bad.  Much better than I was imagining.  Now I want to know what the rifle-wielding class will be.  ;)
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Aesthetics in this game look cool and hopefully the game will have many neat features.

However, I'm disturbed by the lack of polygons/textures. I know that MMORPGS should be more accessible but we're in 2013 now. I really hope they have plans to make a serious upgrade.

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Ye, Mechari's do look good dressed up aswell.

• JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127

The more I see, the more I want this.

We the MMO players could use another NOT FANTASY MMO.