It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
What do we do now Video Diary
Well it’s been 6 months and most of us are level 80 now. So most people are saying at this point what now? Well I consider myself a good player who doesn’t have the time to do everything. That pretty much sums up a lot of people. You have the try hard and the truly gifted players who do manage it all. But everyone is faced with this question in this game once you hit 80. How you go about coming up with an answer to that is on you.
Well when I got to 80 I didn’t ask what now. I simply looked around the game subconsciously looking for a big baddie to kill. That led me to Zhaitan which sigh wasn’t the big baddy I expected. So I said ok how about world bosses. That led me to every zone looking for Meta events. Knowing this game doesn’t have traditional end game. It actually made it a challenge figuring out just what would be my end game. In a way, that made the game a little more engaging to figure it out. But I’m sure that would infuriate some gamers used to tradition.
Well I can’t offer you traditional information on it. I can offer you a bucket list so to speak. This isn’t everything or an end all. Just a little to get you started. So you're thinking about it while proceeding with what to do.
1. Get rich because it makes things easier on you next expansion/game cycle. How you go about this is all up to you.
2. Fractals get’em done yea I know half the population just rolled its eyes. I feel I’m dragging my feet on it as well. But as far as traditional endgame this is one faucet of it in the game.
3. Do as many achievements as you can. While some people scoff at this too. A sense of vindication and pinnacle doesn’t hurt anyone.
4. Complete all 33 Story mode paths. Now with this if you’re not in a large guild it may prove daunting to do it. But with the LFG website it can be done with patience.
5. Find all Meta events and complete them in the world. I am not sure if they all offer achievements. But finding and taking part in them is a welcome diversion from fractals or Legendary grinding.
6. Craft a Legendary! Speaking of the big bad sparkly goal. Why not try it I made a guide on it and since that time. It’s actually fairly easy to make one now. I have passively worked my way towards it. Just need the precursor now finish my map and a trade skill.
7. Max Map completion and Trade skills. You need both for your legendary should you choose to do so. Both are beneficial because 100% map completion can net you a lot of cash shop items and exotics free. Maxing your trade skills is a nice boost to your funds. You want a set of gear simply make it for yourself. Or on the flip side of that sell gear to someone on the market.
8. Level up your Guild. Well you can’t do this alone of course. But you can work towards it with others in your guild. Or if you’re not in a guild perhaps you can work on getting into one.
9. Guild Quest Future Adventures Coming. In a few days we will have guild quests introduced. Although I don’t have all the information on this it’s a welcome addition to things to do at 80.
10. Living Story get out there take part. Even though you can’t do much at the moment with Living Story it will be an immersive part of the game. You can however right now work on achievements for it. And get a nice karma item for taking part. You can also track world changes as it evolves for more immersion.
11. sPVP/WVW don’t run from it embrace it. Again I know I made people roll eyes but hear me out. You buy a game to try all parts of it right. Both aspects of pvp in this game are actually entertaining. Give them both a fair shot each are rewarding in their own ways. Spvp you can learn how to be a better player through experience and fair competition. Everyone has the same gear same sides so it’s all up to you to win. Now WVW although people have different gear and power. Skill does actually shine through most cases. But beware of the zergs they are out there and will eat you lol.
12. Show your style and flare. What I mean by this is have your own distinct look. I managed to do that I haven’t seen a clone of myself yet period. Challenge yourself to be like that make others are like damn I want to look awesome like him. Throwing any old gear together is easy. And throwing set pieces together is easy as well. But can you make something unique? That’s the challenge there food for thought.
I’ll end it here because I can go on and on. I don’t like to drown people in info just keep it real. I did however a slightly longer list in the video did. But I am aware people don’t always like watching vids. So I always type it out as well so you have options and everybody likes options. To end this go through the list. Look at your character side by side with it for a clear idea. For the days you’re standing in Lion’s Arche or where ever you hang. Or quite simply if your struggling to find a reason to log on. See if any of this peaks your interest gets the blood flowing. Or let me know if you do other things you feel are really important that I left out. As I said this isn’t an end all but what may be important for me may not be for you.