It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Yesterday, I made a thread asking about the advertisement for SWTOR in pre-release. I found out that I had missed a massive ad blitz which made me feel foolish and in the end, it doesn't matter how much you spend on advertising as long as the game you put out there is good enough to attract and keep people through word of mouth.
Now, I want to know what SWTOR could do to attract you to the game and possible keep you playing. Assume they got an anonymous donation of millions and millions to sink into working on the game.
Here's my list:
1. IMMEDIATELY fix the bugs that cause the game to quit. Several flashpoints cause disconnects when a cutscene shows your ship going to hyperspeed. These have been in the game for weeks and no maintenance has fixed it (maybe the one going right now will). These bugs should not be in the game for so long, especially when you keep adding new items to the cartel market.
2. Lessen the restriction for F2P. Raise the money cap or eliminate it, give them at least 4 quick bars rather than 2. Allow them to wield artifact level items. If you want to make up for the loss of artifact wield revenue, give them less endgame commendations for HM FPs and Dailies, and add a commendation unlock which gives them as much as a subscriber. SWTOR's F2P, while technically free, is the most limited one I've seen. Relaxing the restrictions could attract more possible subscribers and even F2Pers that occassionally purchase on the cartel market.
3. Fix the bug which happens when you kill mobs and they are left standing where you killed them. It's odd to see a guy frozen in a standing position after you kill him. Happens ALL the time.
4. Add more implications which make choosing light/dark side more interesting. Example: If you make a jedi, and get to Dark Side II, your personal story changes and you are approached by a Sith, and you get the option of joining the Empire and becoming a fallen Jedi. A light side sith could be approached by a Jedi, etc. This could put a chink in the guild system, unless you play as an undercover agent for one side.
5. Add more animations. When I first saw Master Strike as the Jedi Knight move and Ravage as the Sith Warrior move, I thought they looked very cool. After the billionth time, it's meh. I think you could add new animations for master strike and ravage and either put them in the cartel market, or allow subbers to choose which they want when they create a character, or both. It would be a nice change and add more revenue. I would definitely at least look at new master strike animations if they added some.
5. Add more races. Ortolan, Jawa, Wookie, Voss, there's loads that they could choose. Pick a couple and make them available in the next major update. I would recommend at least on RP servers to allow only known force sensitive species to be available as Jedi/Sith on RP servers. You could add 3 races, say Vos, Wookie, and Mon Calamari (no idea how they would work the language barrier on wookie) and allow Voss to be Jedi/Sith and Wookie to be Smuggler/Mercenary and Mon Calamari to be Trooper/Agent. I don't know a lot about the lore so these 3 may not work at all in these roles but you catch my drift.
6. Add more dailies, or add several new daily areas and make all dailies a 2 day cooldown, which would mean I would be doing dailies from the areas right now every other day, with the new dailies in between. At least it's a bit of a change.
I haven't done enough PvP to comment on what they should (if anything) change yet.
These are all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure more will come to me later.