Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

AV makes macroing impossible for gains. RIP macroing toons.

GreymoorGreymoor ManchesterPosts: 801Member

AND thanks to AV's new support site I can almost give away how WITHOUT breaking the NDA!

This was originally a community idea which gained much support and momentum as it was a small fix which made a lot of sense and completely abolished macroing from the game.

This quote is as much as I can possibly tell you without breaking rules.

"Spending Prowess is the only way to improve your attributes, combat, and harvesting skills. Crafting can only be improved by using the skill to successfully craft items."

Taken from - https://cs.darkfallonline.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/21/0/roles-schools-armour-and-boosters

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 OsloPosts: 2,224Member Uncommon

So your claiming there wont be any more 24/7 macroing exploited mobs? And just how will they succeed doing that when no other game managed it?

Dont get me wrong, i would welcome this but i doubt they will manage to actually prevent macroers/exploiters.

And for what i heard Aventurine already claimed they will allow macroing in DFUW? A change of policy?

• HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member

OP your thread is just wishful thinking.image

IF this change does come to fruition AV will have to change methods of gaining prowess.  People aren't going to sit around strictly harvesting/crafting for months to develop their character, AV will increase/add prowess from PvE and PvP.  So people will be back to macroing on bugged mobs and each other. 

~With Prowess being the be all end all it appears AV has figured out their $$$CASH SHOP$$$ model.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 ManchesterPosts: 268Member

It wont prevent anything, it just makes it a little more difficult. Macro's and bot's are written for just about every task in every MMO and always can be.

The real problem has always been AV's lack of action and stance towards macro's, and I dont see any of that having changed...

• GreymoorGreymoor ManchesterPosts: 801Member
    Originally posted by Aragon100

So your claiming there wont be any more 24/7 macroing exploited mobs? And just how will they succeed doing that when no other game managed it?

Dont get me wrong, i would welcome this but i doubt they will manage to actually prevent macroers/exploiters.

And for what i heard Aventurine already claimed they will allow macroing in DFUW? A change of policy?

You don't gain prowess for constantly hitting mobs. As it was in DF1/now, when you hit mobs your skill and attributes increase. If you have to increase these through purchase with prowess points macroing on mobs would be pointless.

Originally posted by Hancakes

IF this change does come to fruition AV will have to change methods of gaining prowess.  People aren't going to sit around strictly harvesting/crafting for months to develop their character, AV will increase/add prowess from PvE and PvP.  So people will be back to macroing on bugged mobs and each other. 

~With Prowess being the be all end all it appears AV has figured out their $$$CASH SHOP$$$ model.

I guess it's always vapourware until it's there. So let us continue speaking hypothetically until it's implemented in full.

Prowess is already something you can obtain in PvE. Adding prowess per each kill is something they might look at, who knows.

Harvesting and crafting are easy ways to gain prowess now only because of the population. With a populated server people won't have constant supplies of free nodes to hit. Nodes outside safezones will be dangerous, going afk would mean certain death.

"So people will be back to macroing on bugged mobs and each other." Why would people do that if you can only level up skills and gain stats through prowess? They wouldn't be gaining any prowess for constantly hitting things.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILPosts: 1,713Member Uncommon
    When is the bloody thing going to start. 

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

It wont prevent anything, it just makes it a little more difficult. Macro's and bot's are written for just about every task in every MMO and always can be.

The real problem has always been AV's lack of action and stance towards macro's, and I dont see any of that having changed...

You can't set macros to kill mobs. There's no auto aim, you'd need to detect where the mobs are and where they're moving, plus to heal and stat as you go.

Bots are less effective in FFA Full Loot games. Real players are free to come kill them and take their stuff. I have no doubt AV can't stop botters.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    When is the bloody thing going to start. 

No one knows, assume months though :s Summer??

Originally posted by Greymoor

You don't gain prowess for constantly hitting mobs. As it was in DF1/now, when you hit mobs your skill and attributes increase. If you have to increase these through purchase with prowess points macroing on mobs would be pointless.

I didnt understand really.

So you dont get gains in dexterity by shooting arrows on mobs? You dont gain in archery? Cause if you do then you will still have macroers in the game. Getting high stats and skills is what make a difference in PvP.

I guess it's always vapourware until it's there. So let us continue speaking hypothetically until it's implemented in full.

You're the one making "definitive" statements which in reality are based on nothing more than hope./speculation.

" AV makes macroing impossible for gains.image

You can't set macros to kill mobs. There's no auto aim, you'd need to detect where the mobs are and where they're moving, plus to heal and stat as you go.

Bots are less effective in FFA Full Loot games. Real players are free to come kill them and take their stuff. I have no doubt AV can't stop botters.

There was bugged mobs in DF1 that didnt move and they were exploited. So no bugged mobs in DFUW?

They didnt stop botters in DF1 so what have changed?

Give me a break, mobs are easily macro'd now as they can be bugged.

So you dont get gains in dexterity by shooting arrows on mobs? You dont gain in archery? Cause if you do then you will still have macroers in the game. Getting high stats and skills is what make a difference in PvP.

No you'd have to purchase the attributes and skill in archery with prowess. Therefore shooting a mobs constantly for hours is pointless, unless you're killing them for prowess.

You're the one making "definitive" statements which in reality are based on nothing more than hope./speculation.

Well they've stated they're working on this system. So it's more than "speculation".

No you'd have to purchase the attributes and skill in archery with prowess. Therefore shooting a mobs constantly for hours is pointless, unless you're killing them for prowess.

1. Kill player

2. Revive player

3. Gain prowess

4. Macro

5. Win

Well they've stated they're working on this system. So it's more than "speculation".

You're the one making the statement it will end macroing.image Which isn't factual by any means.  Anyone who has dealt with DFUW first hand or AV for that matter knows AV lacks any forethought. This change has nothing to do with combating "macros" as its leading to the cash shop AV has stated they want implemented.

1. Kill player

2. Revive player

3. Gain prowess

4. Macro

5. Win

Prowess is not gained in this manner. You know that though, you'ved played the beta.

1. Kill player

2. Revive player

3. Gain prowess

4. Macro

5. Win

Prowess is not gained in this manner. You know that though, you'ved played the beta.

It will in the pending changes you seem so excited about. image

and..

XXXX Prowess for  $X.XX  (paypal,visa)

"Our main objective right now is to get the game out. After that, we're going to put resources into designing a microtransaction model that works for us"

• VrikaVrika FinlandPosts: 2,595Member Uncommon

"Most interactions with the world will reward you with some Prowess. Harvesting, crafting, killing monsters, completing feats, participating in village capturing and stealing and a multitude of other activities will reward you"

Taken from: https://cs.darkfallonline.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/21/0/roles-schools-armour-and-boosters

So in order to prevent players from gaining skills by macroing, they'd have to make it so that one can't harvest, craft, kill monster, complete feats, steal, or do any of those other activities by macroing. To me it looks like macroing might be even worse than before, because if there's a single activity that is macroable you'll be able to level all your attributes, combat skills and crafting skills just doing that one activity.

• VrikaVrika FinlandPosts: 2,595Member Uncommon

EDIT: Post deleted /EDIT

Originally posted by Vrika

"Most interactions with the world will reward you with some Prowess. Harvesting, crafting, killing monsters, completing feats, participating in village capturing and stealing and a multitude of other activities will reward you"

Taken from: https://cs.darkfallonline.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/21/0/roles-schools-armour-and-boosters

So in order to prevent players from gaining skills by macroing, they'd have to make it so that one can't harvest, craft, kill monster, complete feats, steal, or do any of those other activities by macroing. To me it looks like macroing might be even worse than before, because if there's a single activity that is macroable you'll be able to level all your attributes, combat skills and crafting skills just doing that one activity.

I really don't have a problem with macroing, rather the "need".  Anyway, my biggest concern with the proposed system change is the impact of duping.  Its one thing to get an edge by using top tier gear obtained via dupes, but its another allowing players to use duping to max their characters via prowess.  Another shortsighted and boneheaded move by AV.

• xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member

By the looks of it no. You no longer gain exp in skills throuhg use. Intead you gain prowess by killing mobs and doing stuff and then spend those points to level up anything you want but crafting.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member
    Originally posted by Vrika

I really don't have a problem with macroing, rather the "need".  Anyway, my biggest concern with the proposed system change is the impact of duping.  Its one thing to get an edge by using top tier gear obtained via dupes, but its another allowing players to use duping to max their characters via prowess.  Another shortsighted and boneheaded move by AV.

I swear, you trolls will come out with anything in your pocket when ever something gets fixed. You can't dupe in DF UW and it was not possible to dupe in DFO when NA1 server was included. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by xpiher

By the looks of it no. You no longer gain exp in skills throuhg use. Intead you gain prowess by killing mobs and doing stuff and then spend those points to level up anything you want but crafting.

Gaining Prowess on killing blow won't work as kill stealing will be a griefers paradise. Getting Prowess by damage done or number of hits won't work because you can bug a mob and macro on it. 

• UhwopUhwop Wilm, DEPosts: 1,663Member Uncommon

Sounds like: 

kill mobs, gain point for upgrading, spent points on skills at an NPC.  

So I: 

macro whatever will give me points, then spend them when I'm actually playing.  

People are acting like that's a big divergence from the current, buying skills when another skill reaches X level.  As long as you get something to spend for doing an activity, people will macro that activity.  They also use macros to raise attributes faster, and attributes had a significant impact on your character in the first one.  

If its harder to level skills due to this, it'll make macroing even more desirable and give marcroers an even bigger advantage.  

Itt is humanly impossible to eliminate macroing, and from my experience the harder you make it the more of an advantage the macroer tends to get.