Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard Hints at New Game for PAX East

Comments

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I bet its a MOBA

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    New version of Lost Vikings for tablets/smart phones.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Its going to be their All-stars game. They fought other the title for a while and their website on it has nothing new. If its not a sequel, expansion or the Titan MMO thing then that is the only other IP I know they have been working on. 

I hope it is anyhow, but I read they had some sort of issue with adopting a new payment model or something like that. its 4am here, the brain is a bit sketchy. 

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

Hope it's not a MOBA.  Already enough of those out and about. They would really need to do something very different from all the others for me to look at it.  Though it's probably fairly safe to assume that it is given recent events. :(

• ZergyZergy Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Probably Blizzard All-Stars, but I'm still hoping for Starcraft: Ghost! (not an expansion and technically not a sequel since it's a different type of game!)
  • doug200463doug200463 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Who cares...

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    The guy from the Playstation conference said they're making an appearance at PAX for Diablo III PS3/4 version. I don't really think it's anything else.
  • Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    World of Warcraft TCG Online to compete with MTGO.
  • Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I think Blizzard will change their name to Typhoon!!
  • frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Im definitely sure Rob Pardo will produce a flamethrower and spray with flames the five first rows of the audience. 
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by SBFord

What do you think it could be?

Bobby Koticks "Sell Blizzard Customers To Facebook" Dream Integration?

He hasn't made a colossal PR blunder in quite some time, isn't it about due?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by FromHell

"Little something" sounds mobile (tablet or handheld console)

"Little something" can't be PS3 or PC

Not a sequel or expansion means, no WoW, no Diablo, no Starcraft content.

No next gen MMO means it's NOT Titan

You don't get "hands on" a movie, so it's NOT the Warcraft movie

Blizzard doesnt do "little", it hasnt for over a decade. They are trolling you all royaly if you believe that.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Shubawkss
    The guy from the Playstation conference said they're making an appearance at PAX for Diablo III PS3/4 version. I don't really think it's anything else.

Yeah, let's mysteriously announce something that we already announced officially?

Come on...

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Rob and I both are thinking Blizzard All-Stars.

Yeah i think the same 

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The answer is in the background of that paper...

THEY ARE BRINGING BACK THE DREAMCAST! AMAGAWD!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    its just a box with "give me your money" written on it.
  • AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400
    110% Blizzard All Stars for sure.
  • AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Blizzard wants to get on that LoL wagon.. not sure why it even took so long..
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by motoraton
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Rob and I both are thinking Blizzard All-Stars.

Yeah i think the same 

+1

Seems to be the only reasonable choice. Titan would be announced at a Blizzcon for sure, as it would be their next flagship.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by austriacus

Originally posted by FromHell
    "Little something" sounds mobile (tablet or handheld console) "Little something" can't be PS3 or PC Not a sequel or expansion means, no WoW, no Diablo, no Starcraft content. No next gen MMO means it's NOT Titan You don't get "hands on" a movie, so it's NOT the Warcraft movie  

Blizzard doesnt do "little", it hasnt for over a decade. They are trolling you all royaly if you believe that.

It probably means its a side project. So not as big as their usual stuff. 

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

The answer is in the background of that paper...

THEY ARE BRINGING BACK THE DREAMCAST! AMAGAWD!

Well-spotted!

Probably Blizzard All-Stars, or something for iPad/Mobile.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I'm looking forward to seeing something new from them, but as someone brought up already, it's probably a game for cell phones or something and will suuuuuuuuck.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Maybe a 'beta key' which they held back from their Last Blizzcon.

yah still bitter abt that Blizzcon.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842
    I doubt it will be Blizzard All Stars only because they have been having issues with even getting that game properly developed. I am almost 100% sure its a mobile game, and it's probably Lost Vikings. Plus look at the letter and the background. Anything look familar? =-)
  • MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    'A little something new' 'to get your hands on' - has to  be mobile gaming surely, or iPad.