Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What makes firefall worth playing?

nukempronukempro Member Posts: 76
I was just wondering why anyone would play this game? It seems like their is little customisation...clunky interface..barely any content...What is the draw? What am I missing?

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

It's quite unique as far as MMOs go. You won't find this kind of jetpacking action anywhere else. Planetside 2 doesn't have PvE and Defiance isn't as over the top.

Right now FF lacks content, though. They've promised a lot of great stuff, such as RTS-like AI for the Chosen, advanced dynamic content and player-driven discovery of new areas, but the game's PvE is very basic at the moment. Then again, this is the first stage of their PvE beta.

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

well, right now there is an ongoing closed beta

a real beta by the way so i would say it isn't "worth playing" - but if you want to help test..................

lots of changes upcoming including a wipe of everything except XP so population is quite slim at the moment (except for the super dedicated testers) as "playing" is kinda pointless and the new bugs from the last patch are pretty much reported already

don't think they should have released the information about the wipe quite so soon - - - but, with fewer long time testers in-game i've finally managed to aquire a nice load of azurite from pushing back the meld - nice stuff for crafting

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by nukempro
    I was just wondering why anyone would play this game? It seems like their is little customisation...clunky interface..barely any content...What is the draw? What am I missing?

Mind you the game is still in beta. Great game so far with an amazing development team. Its been in beta for about a year now. Am very glad that they dont have an exact set time/date for when beta will end and when release begins. It gives them time to perfect the game and deliver what their customers/gamers want which is what most online games seem to be missing nowadays.

Give it time, its only in beta! :)

• samypetrinisamypetrini Member UncommonPosts: 12

wel i been playing it for quite a while now almost 2 year indeed.

if you can name me more game that was in the beta stage for that long plz do.

and hell this game been listening to the beta player so good its awsome. never forget they listen wont say they wil change it the way you want it. always need a good balance.

but its that we just keep on testing en keep on fixing until its right, and they are taking there time so i think when it will come out it will be a hell of game.

and its a beta not to play it but to make it beter and fix the problems, always hate it when ppl bash a game that's not even ready.

keep your judging to when its done, just like i did whit diablo3 and simcity i cracked those mother fk since they fked it real good when the game came out. and they kept coming" it will come when its done" crap

only a few weeks later it became beter and stable.

i so approve the style red5 is doing, i already saw i think 4 type of firefall each whit different content. and they keep bringing in more whit each mile stone.

if i see how they are growing this game next year will be so sweet.

i know this game can grow a lot more and am sure they will do that

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

What bugs me most about firefall is while the game has tons of potential.. THe rate of updates is so incredibly slow you're just bound to burn out on it before release will ever come around.

I don't think I've ever seen a beta game update as slow as firefall is updated.

theres really not more then a week worth of content here and thats stretching it.

I absolutely adored my time with the game as long as it lasted, but once you've seen whats there It's hard to get back into it.

• samypetrinisamypetrini Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Agoden

What bugs me most about firefall is while the game has tons of potential.. THe rate of updates is so incredibly slow you're just bound to burn out on it before release will ever come around.

I don't think I've ever seen a beta game update as slow as firefall is updated.

theres really not more then a week worth of content here and thats stretching it.

I absolutely adored my time with the game as long as it lasted, but once you've seen whats there It's hard to get back into it.

true same problem here but i got enough game to amuse me whit in the mean time.

what i did is check every week once if there was a update and then logged back in to test it.

a good game take time and they are taking there time ^^