Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: When are you going to buy ESO?

sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
With what we know so far, when will you buy this game?

Comments

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I'll wait until I get to play it (beta or stress test) before deciding on buying it.
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    I'll wait until I get to play it (beta or stress test) before deciding on buying it.

Yeah I was gonna work in "until I play the beta" option in the poll but I was hoping "waiting for more infomation" would cover it.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I will get the SE, Im done with all CE of any game. Looking back im not happy I got any CE I ever bought. 
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Waiting for more info.

Either from being in beta or trustworthy reviews.

There is to much that sounds off for me to blindly throw my cash at ESO (and to many other games I can play)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

"After release, depending on what people say." ... is the best I can do.

If it's a typical box plus sub, with population crash 6 months out, then probably not at all.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176

Not sure really.

I'm still interested and I will keep following the game but if it turns out to be a game with heavy restrictions on exploring the world and more of a daoc with ESO skin then most likely no.

(I kind of like the idea with 3 factions though but not like the way it is)

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

Same as ^ pretty much. I am done with buying mmo's without playing them before.bought too many which ended up just being boring as shit wow wannabe's. Seen a alpha review eso looks promising but I am betting they will mess it up. Biggest screw up so far is having voice acting for everything, and having races locked to certan factions. The races locked to certan faction thing so far is my main reason to stay away from ESO, because I find that aspect of the game stupid. No one likes to play the ugly races usually, so the faction that has most of those will end up probally being pretty empty.

Be better if it was like skyrim, where the races in the factions are the main races, but in the storyline they could make you do a few extra quests/missions before you can joiun that faction as any other race, sort of to prove your loyal. I really wonder what was going thru their mind when they decided to force certan races into certan factions.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by XAPKen

"After release, depending on what people say." ... is the best I can do.

If it's a typical box plus sub, with population crash 6 months out, then probably not at all.

What mmo released recently didn't have a mass exodus about 2 months in? I can't count any besides wow. afaik. so will be no exception, mmorpgs just don't have the gripping power they used to.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Miklosan

Not sure really.

I'm still interested and I will keep following the game but if it turns out to be a game with heavy restrictions on exploring the world and more of a daoc with ESO skin then most likely no.

(I kind of like the idea with 3 factions though but not like the way it is)

I kind of like the 3 faction system also but I think we should've started off as neutral and then choose which faction we wanted to join (like in other TES games).

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Waiting until release and trustworthy reviews have been released. Then wait some more until the most annoying bugs are fixed. Then wait even more until there is a free tiral and give it a go (or use a friends account to try it out).

I am not worried to be behind the curve, in fact, i love it. You start with all the knowledge people have gathered so far, making a ton of money right from the start with leveling and farming tipps while not having to deal with early game breaking bugs and economic crashes.

PS: Good to see that the people that preorder and people that wait until release seems to be split equally. We need more people to wait though, do not give money to companies on promises. Give them money for delivering!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

You need another choice in your poll.  

(0)  I will purchase the standard edition the day it is released.  

That is my choice.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I will get the SE, Im done with all CE of any game. Looking back im not happy I got any CE I ever bought. 

I went with wait until more information is released.  The only CE I ever felt was worth it in the end was the one from Rift since it was just a few bucks more (digital version).

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I'll keep checking this out periodically. I'm generally against pre-ordering games or buying them on launch day, because IMO it's smarter to wait for reviews instead of trusting some marketing guys. Not that I have anything against marketing guys, but not telling the whole truth is a part of their job description.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Waiting to try it in beta + get details on payment model + find out whether its RvR will be a flop like WvW.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I learned some things about MMOs:

NEVER preorder

NEVER buy on launch

MMOs at launch are mostly a PITA. I prefer MMOs which had a couple of years to mature and grow. I refuse to be an unpaid beta test guinea pig and sitting in the "need more content" waiting queue for months, experiencing MMO growing pains.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by taus01

Waiting until release and trustworthy reviews have been released. Then wait some more until the most annoying bugs are fixed. Then wait even more until there is a free tiral and give it a go (or use a friends account to try it out).

I am not worried to be behind the curve, in fact, i love it. You start with all the knowledge people have gathered so far, making a ton of money right from the start with leveling and farming tipps while not having to deal with early game breaking bugs and economic crashes.

PS: Good to see that the people that preorder and people that wait until release seems to be split equally. We need more people to wait though, do not give money to companies on promises. Give them money for delivering!

And how am i going to know they delieverd or not till i actually get my hands on released version and play  it? i hardly pre order unless i am super interested in a game. My last pre order was for Fallen earth.. And this will be my second.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• SkaldirSkaldir Member UncommonPosts: 48

Just gonna get the standard edition and if it turns out to be shit it'll just be a minor loss, some people act as if it is an investment.

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    I'll get standard preorder ... it is just a few bucks. But if there is something worth money in CE i'll buy CE for bonuses.
  • Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107
    Will probably pre-order a standard addition, but I'd like to see some information being released soon.  With the game coming this year I'm getting tired of asking the devs questions posts, let's start seeing the game....

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Honestly, no idea. I am still in a wait and see mode for this one. I love TES series, but there's just something that isn't sitting well with me about this one. I want to be excited, but I can only stay mildly interested.

I guess I'll need to see a lot more, and get some hands on beta action to getting a better idea of what I will do.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    no idea yet really gonna wait for a lot more info to be made available before i even consider it.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

There used to be two game companies where I would buy their games sight unseen: BioWare, and Bethesda. Scratch BioWare off the list, and now I won't buy ANY game until it has actually released, and I get to read reviews or play a trial myself.

I think it is crazy to buy something before even getting to see it, and then expecting to get your money back if you don't like it. No other business operates like that, that I can think of.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

not buying this..

Its the same as any other mmo.. nothing new..

This mmo is made for one thing and one thing only.. burst sales on release..

Step 1: Get a good ip

Step 2: make a decent mmo on current basic mechanics aka elements ingame

Step 3: invest money on advertising

Step 4 : launch game and try to get as many boxes sales as possible

Step 5: die like the others..( depends slowly or not )

Succeed mmo? well based on the concept of burst sales combined with the ip.. they will prolly succeed to make money..

i have more respect for companies that trying new stuff

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Won't be buying it unless beta blows me away.  Not interested in a TES-skinned DAoC, and there are plenty of other titles coming out in the same timeframe that will make it hard to justify buying even as a timekiller.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

You forgot the most common 2013 option: "I'll wait until I've had a chance to play the beta"

Never buy anything sight unseen...never will.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED