Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Location and Accounts...

Zapmaster70Zapmaster70 Newcastle upon TynePosts: 1Member

Greetings Peeps,

Im fairly new to MMO's and was wondering if anyone has the same problem I seem to be having.

Currently I am living and working in China (Im English btw), and Im finding it almost impossible to make accounts to get into games such as Age of Conan, LOTRO, Aion and Invictus to name just a few. Ive mailed the companies concerned and get the reply that China is a "Restricted Area" so pretty much 'bad luck to me'!

I have managed to get into TERA (lags a bit) and Shaiyla which I am enjoying but even with Aeria Games there is no continuity (I can play Shaiyla but not Twelve Sky Two for example).

Are the problems related to China and gaming so bad that it gets simply 'cut out' of the world?

Anyone have any recomendations for MMO's I could get into? (I'll try anything)

...or...is there a "work around" for this sort of thing?

ZM70

Comments

• ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,300Member Uncommon
    Bad luck for you to live & work in China indeed. Because of a lot of Chinese goldfarmers a lot of companies have declared most Asian IP ranges to be 'off limites' to their games. Of course there are some work arounds for that though... Most of the publishers only block IP when it comes to account creation, this means when you're using a proxy-server (hidemyass.com to name one) you could sign up, download the game and then play it normally (most MMOs have no IP block build in the game itself...)

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,300Member Uncommon
    Oh yeah... Welcome to MMORPG.com and the MMO community iin general ;-)

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• KrematoryKrematory TVNPosts: 542Member Uncommon
    I guess you can play WoW or EVE (serenity server) if you speak mandarin fluently enough :-)

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• CalmOceansCalmOceans BergenPosts: 2,273Member
    games such as Age of Conan, LOTRO, Aion and Invictus

But you can just play the Chinese Vindictus instead. In fact many Western players go out of their way to play on the Chinese server because they are quite a few seasons ahead sometimes.

And it's not like you need to know chinese to play Vindictus, the game is simple as cake.