Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 will be released on the PS4

Comments

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Banaghran
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

He doesnt.  Its the new trend over at the d3 forums, the new thing people can grasp on to and rage about.  Its really quite silly.

Now if blizzard was a 10man show...yeah i would raise a lot of questions about at what expense to bring this to ps4.  I think blizzard has spare people to develop D3 and get the ps4 version ready.

Dunno, accepting that they have no people to add a space between zeroes (and fix other issues which go back as launch) and then saying they have plenty people to do the ps version sound quite silly to me, too :)

Flame on!

:)

You don't think converting to a new platform, with a console base UI, takes the SAME kind of people as those who work on gameplay design, and mechanics, right?

I have not argued anything about that :)

Flame on!

Originally posted by zymurgeist

He doesnt.  Its the new trend over at the d3 forums, the new thing people can grasp on to and rage about.  Its really quite silly.

Now if blizzard was a 10man show...yeah i would raise a lot of questions about at what expense to bring this to ps4.  I think blizzard has spare people to develop D3 and get the ps4 version ready.

Dunno, accepting that they have no people to add a space between zeroes (and fix other issues which go back as launch) and then saying they have plenty people to do the ps version sound quite silly to me, too :)

Flame on!

They have plenty of people to do the PS3/4 port. They've been hiring console programmers for months. They could fix  the things you're talking about too. If they were in any way priorities, or even desirable. Instead they've been working on real issues.

Thus some individuals should not be unhappy that they hire ps programmers instead of dunnowhat programmers that would be able to fix the issues?

Dunno, i dont really care one way or the other, all there is left is the annoyance when i read a variation of "blizz knows best". 

Flame on!

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I thought blizzard was going too announce wow on the ps4 lol
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Dunno, i dont really care one way or the other, all there is left is the annoyance when i read a variation of "blizz knows best". 

Is that the same annoyance when you read a variation of "blizz made fun games", and "blizz games sell millions"?

May be there are more annoyance in store for you when they release the D3 expansion pak & Titan.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Sounds like more Blizzard game sis coming to the PS4. This could get really interesting. I want to see a SC Ghost reboot!

Flame on!

They have plenty of people to do the PS3/4 port. They've been hiring console programmers for months. They could fix  the things you're talking about too. If they were in any way priorities, or even desirable. Instead they've been working on real issues.

Thus some individuals should not be unhappy that they hire ps programmers instead of dunnowhat programmers that would be able to fix the issues?

Flame on!

Why would they hire dunnowhat programmers? They already have boatloads of every kind of programmer they could ever want.

Because it takes them ages to do anything (in case it does feel right for a change) ?

We are only now reaching a "release" version of the game, with pvp and other stuff.

Flame on!

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

go play PoE

seriously, support a game that IS catering to what you are asking for

Is that the same annoyance when you read a variation of "blizz made fun games", and "blizz games sell millions"?

May be there are more annoyance in store for you when they release the D3 expansion pak & Titan.

Made =/= is making :)

Anyways, d3 was already the "shame on me" for me after wotlk, so i doubt it.

Flame on!

Because it takes them ages to do anything (in case it does feel right for a change) ?

With their level of polish .. of course it takes time. Look at how long it takes to make the game. Look at how long it takes to make SC2.

In fact, they have scrapped whole game when they didn't like it.

Just like they scrapped arena pvp (it was running and have videos at one point).

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    From what i read it will be out on the PS3 and PS4 and will not require an internet connection to play it. Because of that i might actually play the game on the PS3/4.

Lolipops !

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

Source: Sony's PS4 conference.

Will have split screen co-op. Thoughts?

It's a another spit in the face of the real diablo fans. They should be working on pvp instead of this becasue it's not even going to be cross platfom with pc so what's the point.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by zephermarkus
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

Source: Sony's PS4 conference.

Will have split screen co-op. Thoughts?

It's a another spit in the face of the real diablo fans. They should be working on pvp instead of this becasue it's not even going to be cross platfom with pc so what's the point.

Taking bets on it being included in the paid expansion. image

Lol. Never thought Blizzard would become crap to me. Oh well.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Flame on!

Flame on!

Why would they hire dunnowhat programmers? They already have boatloads of every kind of programmer they could ever want.

We are only now reaching a "release" version of the game, with pvp and other stuff.

Flame on!

They're doing things all the time. 1.07 added a ton of changes. They've always done that. Diablo 1 had ten major revisions. Diablo 2 had 14 or more major revisions.  BTW the PS3/4 version is a completely different game. Same art and story but different mechanics, UI, etc.

Doing something does not count, the result does.

Flame on!

With their level of polish ..

Debatable, blizz polish once meant that they concern themselves with annoyances, now we have a always blinking inventory button, a excessively shaking screen and quest dialogue that closes the shop interface.

(Not even starting with the ah, for how long did we have just 3 search options?)

Flame on!

Glad you agree with that.

12M box sales. Still top 10 in xfire after 10 months. The results look fantastic.

Would you like to bet that the expansion will also have fantastic results?

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

12M box sales. Still top 10 in xfire after 10 months. The results look fantastic.

xFire. Do you use AOL dial up too? So 7,000 hours of playtime a day for a 12 million copy selling game is good? Hot damn, we just rewrote the definition of success :D

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Comments like "Blizzard are super greedy" really annoy me. Blizzard is one of the VERY FEW, and I mean EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER ULTRA FEW companies who don't release ANY kind of DLCs for their games. Blizzard releases a game and then they patch it, and patch it, and patch it. Look at how many updates Diablo and Starcraft have received since they were released. Blizzard really cares for their games and they don't give up on them for a looooong time. And you get all these content updates for free without them charging a single cent. Hell, even Warcraft 3 still receives updates from time to time.

When Blizzard release a new expansion it is always packed with content and it is not just a money grab. Can anyone honestly tell me that Blizzard don't spend a lot of time developing their games and that they  release games which are not crazy value for money?

There are so many greedy companies like Activision, EA, and all those other companies (and by that I mean 99.99% of all PC and console developers) who release at least 2-3 DLCs for their games. Now that is a money grab. Create 2 maps and 2 skins and sell them for 10 pounds. Blizzard has never charged people for any content they release outside of expansions. And Blizzard's expansions usually have tons of content compared to most other expansions.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

By which you mean doing anything that doesn't please you doesn't count. The results  speak for themselves. There are millions of happy pllayers.

I mean like adding regen/enrage timers and then removing them or band-aiding game systems instead of fixing them (itemization), and you are ofcourse free to disagree.

Flame on!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by darkbalth
    This announcement made me not want to play anymore.  They are spending time trying to reach more ppl on the ps4 instead of giving us the pvp they promised on the pc version.  this shows they are after money and care about nothing else.

and you think those are the same devs?

little you know.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by fivoroth

Comments like "Blizzard are super greedy" really annoy me. Blizzard is one of the VERY FEW, and I mean EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER ULTRA FEW companies who don't release ANY kind of DLCs for their games. Blizzard releases a game and then they patch it, and patch it, and patch it. Look at how many updates Diablo and Starcraft have received since they were released. Blizzard really cares for their games and they don't give up on them for a looooong time. And you get all these content updates for free without them charging a single cent. Hell, even Warcraft 3 still receives updates from time to time.

When Blizzard release a new expansion it is always packed with content and it is not just a money grab. Can anyone honestly tell me that Blizzard don't spend a lot of time developing their games and that they  release games which are not crazy value for money?

There are so many greedy companies like Activision, EA, and all those other companies (and by that I mean 99.99% of all PC and console developers) who release at least 2-3 DLCs for their games. Now that is a money grab. Create 2 maps and 2 skins and sell them for 10 pounds. Blizzard has never charged people for any content they release outside of expansions. And Blizzard's expansions usually have tons of content compared to most other expansions.

Question is for how long can we lower the bar?

We had d2 polish, now we have d3 "polish", we had 3 campaingns in starcraft 1, s2 we have to buy a few times over...

But atleast there is no DLC's, eh? :)

Flame on!

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Question is for how long can we lower the bar?

We had d2 polish, now we have d3 "polish", we had 3 campaingns in starcraft 1, s2 we have to buy a few times over...

But atleast there is no DLC's, eh? :)

Flame on!

Actually D3 is more "polished" than D2 was. SC1 (without the BW expansion) had 30 missions, or 10 missions per race (campaign). SC2 WoL had 30 missions, it was just one race. In terms of content the SC2 campaign is just as big as SC1's. As they were aiming for 2 expansions, they decided to focus on 1 race a time. So in reality SC2 (without any expansions) had just as much if not more content in SC1. SC2 has a lot more units compared to vanilla SC1. SC2 is comparable to SC1 and BW combined. SC2 will be a massive game compared to SC1 once all two expansions are released. 

How long can we lower the bar? Blizzard's games in terms of quality, polish and amount of content are in a category of their own. Not even comparable to what most other companies release.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

xFire. Do you use AOL dial up too? So 7,000 hours of playtime a day for a 12 million copy selling game is good? Hot damn, we just rewrote the definition of success :D

Very good, given that it is only a sample. You will diss LOL's number too?

You don't agree with xfire ranking? Games you like must be very low on it.

And what about 12M copies sold. I would say that just up the bar and rewrite the definition of success. As you said.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Very good, given that it is only a sample. You will diss LOL's number too?

You don't agree with xfire ranking? Games you like must be very low on it.

And what about 12M copies sold. I would say that just up the bar and rewrite the definition of success. As you said.

No point arguing with guys like this.  They have abandond logic and thinking long ago and its pure emotion and knee jerk reactions.

They are so convinced that this is the reason they didnt make D3 in their exact image....convinced D3 was a consol port from the very start, which makes no sense at all.

Considering most of the D3 systems they hate most wont even be in the ps4 version for obvious reasons (mainly the RMAH and online only play)

Even when a developer wrote a super detailed post with cited sources, all of which makes sense to anyone with a brain prior to the post...still want to believe that for some reason they made D3 as a ps4 game first then made the PC game in advance somehow launching the PC version then years later will be done with the ps4 version...who knows perhaps they have inside knowledge that blizzard has time travel technology which is the only way any of that makes sense.

You cant argue with someone who runs purely on emotions.  Let them retire back to their clunky combat game with worse itemization and no offline play lol

By which you mean doing anything that doesn't please you doesn't count. The results  speak for themselves. There are millions of happy pllayers.

I mean like adding regen/enrage timers and then removing them or band-aiding game systems instead of fixing them (itemization), and you are ofcourse free to disagree.

Flame on!

So improving the game is always a bad thing. They should just say "aw screw it" and deny they ever make mistakes like most companies?  You can't have it both ways. Itemization is vastly improved.

In fact, i find Blizz willing to take risks and take things previously NOT in ARPG to ARPG (like enrage timers). That is why other companies copy them instead of the other way around.

And they also don't flinch to go back on a risky decision that does not pan out.

Flame on!

So improving the game is always a bad thing. They should just say "aw screw it" and deny they ever make mistakes like most companies?  You can't have it both ways. Itemization is vastly improved.

In fact, i find Blizz willing to take risks and take things previously NOT in ARPG to ARPG (like enrage timers). That is why other companies copy them instead of the other way around.

And they also don't flinch to go back on a risky decision that does not pan out.

Depends on PoV, where you see a bold company taking risks i see wow programmers tackling and failing at an other genre.

Flame on!