Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Greenlight batch due 2/26... will Mortal Online make it?

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Will MO make it THIS time?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

...I hope so. I thought they already were saying it "MADE it!!!!" (per rheir facebook page)- That and Henbrick proclaiming they were the "winner" of the stock market (I dont know either lol ????) and were set to really break even.

-Steam would be good for the lulz. Damn server is down more than up (in my experience) and game is in Beta shape 3 years after release... Yup could be War Z all over again (but better)

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    since the game is f2p it wont end like warz, but i doubt it will make it on greenlight this time, henrik said they are in the top 50 greenlight games on steam but he didnt know exactly where or how that effects his chances of steam greenlight. looking at the list of greenlight games they should really be higher than the 50 area considering they already have an established bunch of players so it doesnt look all that prmising if they cant even beat a bunch of unreleased indie titles to the top 10.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• tuneinwilltuneinwill Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I voted for it.  Just started playing it about 5 days ago.  Mortal Online is different than the rest of the fantasy theme parks out there.  It deserves more attention..
  • picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    The basic concept is awesome, guess even the most obstinate haters won't disagree on that. The rest I'll leave to you to find out...image
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Nope. They didn't make it. Games such as Organ Trail: Directors cut beat them. Maybe next time...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Nope. They didn't make it. Games such as Organ Trail: Directors cut beat them. Maybe next time...

Aouch that is bad. Hope for next time :) 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.

Are you crazy man? You can't compare MO with such a well polished AAA title, that's completely unfair! image

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Damn, too late to say "I hope not". I'll move it to the next one then.
    Bashing MO is no fun anymore, just a sad story. MO meanwhile looks like an utterly broken dream, a dream way too big for such an incapable small dev team. RIP MO. image
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by picommander
    Bashing MO is no fun anymore, just a sad story. MO meanwhile looks like an utterly broken dream, a dream way too big for such an incapable small dev team. RIP MO. image

I agree. It's like making fun of a mentally handicapped child at this point; it's not really funny and you just end up looking like a jerk for doing it.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Dont hate on that Organ Trail: Directors Cut.   That game looks awesome,  I may download it for my Kindle when I get home.

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by Hodo

Dont hate on that Organ Trail: Directors Cut.   That game looks awesome,  I may download it for my Kindle when I get home.

Dunno about Organ Trails's gameplay (what matters for sure) but "looks" awesome? I guess you mean the gameplay, don't you..

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by picommander
    Originally posted by Hodo

Dunno about Organ Trails's gameplay (what matters for sure) but "looks" awesome? I guess you mean the gameplay, don't you..

-It was designed to look and play like Oregon Trail on the Apple 2.

It does "look" awesome since it was always intendewd to have a retro Apple 2 look (they were never shooting towards hyuper-realism) AND its a pretty sweet game. What I cannot understand is that when  played it  (over a year ago) it was totally Free. So I guess it isnt free now? I honeslty didnt even know it was on Steam until this post.

EDIT: Hmmmm- Guess I should have clicked the link lol... looks like this has an Xpac . Hell, I am going to buy it. Thanks. =)