Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Partnership with Games.com

Anyone know what this is about?  The Games.com logo at the bottom of the page i just noticed.  

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Noticed it last weekend as wel, but it's not a partnership, it's under the 'friends' flag. I'm only wondering what single-player webbrowser games have to do with MMORPG.com...
  • atticon40atticon40 Member Posts: 33
    I guess I was thinking maybe they got bought or something.  Google traffic has been down a bit the past few months.
  • AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Probably a link partnership for SEO.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Noticed it last weekend as wel, but it's not a partnership, it's under the 'friends' flag. I'm only wondering what single-player webbrowser games have to do with MMORPG.com...

Not much of a surprise.  Very few MMO's to get excited about in the near term, which "hype" is pretty much the only thing driving this site.  They do articles, but most are quite sub-par for the industry, especially compared to sites like Kotaku or even Penny Arcade (yes, they do more than comics).

Things will pick up as TESO gets closer to release, although I don't think we'll be seeing the same level of overall hype for that, since players are getting burned out of the hype cycle.

You make me like charity

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

MMORPG.com and its associated sites have links on many game pages that allow you to purchase those games. The seller is Games.com. 

Edit: at least I thought they did. Looks like I'm wrong.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    We have a content sharing agreement with Games.com. They are basically allowed to publish our content there. We are not owned or directed by Games.com in any way. Our relationship is purely cooperative.