Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bashing the game.

2»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Still curious what OP is talking about.. Seen some bash because its f2p, or its cryptic, or they feel its not "real" d&d but who asked for a key after bashing?

Scan these forums for peeps looking for keys then look at the other posts that bash or talk bad about those games and you'll see the same peeps who were just looking or asking for keys.

don't care enough to look but sounds about right for this site..  find it humorous that people who state they hate themeparks and everything about them then buy and play every themepark that comes out and bitch about how it sucks...

You could in theory call Neverwinter a sandpark due to its foundry and the supposedly high degree of liberty in its use (I've heard you can make entire quest chains with loot and all the trimmings within the foundry).

sort of a stretch imho its a dungeon crawler mostly.. which is fine for me I enjoyed the small amount of time I played and look forward to making my own quests

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Still curious what OP is talking about.. Seen some bash because its f2p, or its cryptic, or they feel its not "real" d&d but who asked for a key after bashing?

Scan these forums for peeps looking for keys then look at the other posts that bash or talk bad about those games and you'll see the same peeps who were just looking or asking for keys.

don't care enough to look but sounds about right for this site..  find it humorous that people who state they hate themeparks and everything about them then buy and play every themepark that comes out and bitch about how it sucks...

You could in theory call Neverwinter a sandpark due to its foundry and the supposedly high degree of liberty in its use (I've heard you can make entire quest chains with loot and all the trimmings within the foundry).

sort of a stretch imho its a dungeon crawler mostly.. which is fine for me I enjoyed the small amount of time I played and look forward to making my own quests

If you get a friend invite lemme know I am more than interested to give this game a through playing ^^.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    I'm tired of the Dungeons and Dragons franchise being so poorly represented in both movies and computer online gaming.

The only Dungeons & Dragons franchise that were poorly represented are the default crappy Dungeons & Dragons with it's crappy lores.

Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance has always been represented reasonably well (Dragonlance nowhere near as good as Forgotten Realms though).

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by ignore_me

How do you define bashing versus critique? Honest question.

For example I read that the game restricts you to one weapon per class. I find this to be unacceptable if its true, was the person reporting this information bashing the game?

You do realize alot of posts start out critiquing which is fine but 99% turn to outright hostility and hatred within a sentence or 2.  They then continue to harp on those points throughout the rest of the thread.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by ignore_me How do you define bashing versus critique? Honest question. For example I read that the game restricts you to one weapon per class. I find this to be unacceptable if its true, was the person reporting this information bashing the game?  
    You do realize alot of posts start out critiquing which is fine but 99% turn to outright hostility and hatred within a sentence or 2.  They then continue to harp on those points throughout the rest of the thread.

my point exactly!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    I'm tired of the Dungeons and Dragons franchise being so poorly represented in both movies and computer online gaming.

The only Dungeons & Dragons franchise that were poorly represented are the default crappy Dungeons & Dragons with it's crappy lores.

Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance has always been represented reasonably well (Dragonlance nowhere near as good as Forgotten Realms though).

Yea much to the chagrin of my best friend and former DM back in High School.  After 30+ years we still regurlaly play and he has been the best DM Ive known since the early 80's.  His favorite setting is Dragonlance and mine has always been Forgotten Realms.  Just wish I could get him to break his habbit of WoW and try another MMO.  His first was WoW (about 4 years ago) and he still loves the game, much to my chagrin. image

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Yea much to the chagrin of my best friend and former DM back in High School.  After 30+ years we still regurlaly play and he has been the best DM Ive known since the early 80's.  His favorite setting is Dragonlance and mine has always been Forgotten Realms.  Just wish I could get him to break his habbit of WoW and try another MMO.  His first was WoW (about 4 years ago) and he still loves the game, much to my chagrin. image

Hehe I like Forgotten Realm's lore more because of it's diversity but I also like Dragonlance's story though - I feel as though the characters and their fates and the world's fate in Dragonlance is a lot more somber compare to Forgotten Realms.

Hell it is even sombering compare to Lord of the Rings... at least 4th Age of Man in LoTR feels hopeful lol... Dragonlance's story just feels like one defeat after another for the good guys.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

I see a lot of people bashing the game but those same people are here begging for keys lol

You do? 

Name 20.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Speak for yourself sir! I found the last theatrically released D&D movie to be one of the most hilariously entertaining things I've ever seen. How can you watch Jeremy Irons' performance in that thing and not nearly piss yourself laughing?

As far as games go, D&D has its ups and downs. There's been the Gold Box series, Eye of the Beholder 1-3, Dark Sun, Al-Qadim, Dungeon Hack, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, Ravenloft, Menzoberranzan... the franchise has gotten some nice games over the years. Of course we've also had to put up with crap like Demon Stone, Dragonshard, and a few other duds.

I'll reserve judgment on Neverwinter until I've played it. I will state that I positively, absolutely loathe 4th edition D&D though. To me 3.5 and Pathfinder are just about right.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

For example I read that the game restricts you to one weapon per class. I find this to be unacceptable if its true, was the person reporting this information bashing the game?

This. 

I'm so dubious of this title, and that was before I saw the one weapon per class thing. Are you *serious*?

5 classes, 1 weapon per class. Seems to me they couldn't have gotten any lazier with this title if they tried. The only thing I have an interest in is The Foundry, but what's the point if the gameplay is so one dimensional? In PONG you had one weapon choice too... I'd like to think video games have evolved a little further since the 60s.  

And no, I don't want a Beta Key. Didn't even apply for one.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

You did notice I said movies and online gaming?  Yes, there have been very good books and single player games with the D&D label.  I loved the Gold Box series of games and just about every novel I come across.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    (Dragonlance nowhere near as good as Forgotten Realms though).

Nobody's better than Lord Soth...nobody.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

What?!?

How dare you crticize those Syfy masterpieces!

Seriously though...how do people make something that shitty and not realize......its shitty? Can't even get a bunch of friends together to get drunk and watch those to mock them. Their level of suckage simply outweighs the B movie mockability factor. Crying shame really.

Although they do get an honorable mention for the one evil henchman of Jeremy Irons in their first feature film. With his gear and purple lipstick every time he appeared I half expected him to drop his weapons and start singing a musical number from All That Jazz.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

ya people can say what they want but if my friends wernt thinking of trying it i wouldnt even hav the slightest intrest in this game im sorry but cryptic/PW has burned me twice and i find thier "NEW" payment system stupid

im sorry but the only reason they are not haveing P2P options is because after CO and STO they figured out they can make mor via cash shop without giveing the option of monthly sub to get alot of that stuff as part of payment plan.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Honest answer:

Fans and Haters, being natural enemies, see each other lurking in every shadow.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by DrkKaiser

In a game where versatility and the ability to use any type of weapons and armor you desired are quite prevalent (Yet heavily frowned upon, as per the game's negative bonuses,) I find that the concept of having only one weapon type per class to be rather inhibitive and counter-intuitive to the spirit of the game.

Truly, I would like to see the Dungeons & Dragons franchise actually be handled by a company who is up to the challenge of making the game a true example of the tabletop model, rather than a half-hearted attempt, moulded around MMORPG pre-built concepts which "Work."

Yep. It seems beyond the foundry, Cryptic is giving us less than more as they go along. We'll see...