Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My SWTOR thread posted during beta testing

I hear a great outcry in the force!!

Unless Bioware makes some massive changes to SWTOR withen a year after its release it will be free to play. I know this will not happen because LucusArts will not allow any game that is free(I was wrong! They will do anything to make a buck!!). So SWTOR will become like SWG after Sony ruined it. It will just hang on for years untill LucusArts decides to come up with Star Wars Episode 100. Star Trek failed to listen to the the beta testers and thought "I have one of the greatest fan bases and anything I do will sell." Bioware seems to have that same attitude. They are not even going to have an open beta. Think of the problems we have now and multiply them by thousands of angry paying customers.

SWTOR is a single player MMO. Thier is no economy! Everything is provided for you. They even give you a companion so you dont have to interact with other players. During the last beta test I purchased many items on the AH to build up my charactor. I soon found out I could get everything I need from drops, quests and the warzone. You can tell thier is no economy by the poor design of the AH. Thier is not even a search command!!

Star Wars fans think they are getting a space game similar to SWG. Does Bioware really think paying customer are going to accept the space mechanics in this game? When SWG first came out it did not have space content but they advertised this. They did not try to hide it. They advertised that the space content would come in a future expansion. Bioware should fire the con artist sales person who convinced them the space mechanics they have now will satisfy the customers!! If they arnt satisfied, who cares. They wont find out until about level 15 anyway and we will already have thier money. Before I got into beta I read everything I could about SWTOR and thought this is going to be a great game. I thought my ship was great until I tried space combat for the first and last time. I could not believe this was the space part of the game. I was so pissed I stopped playing for a few days. I knew then that the game was going to fail. I know now why BioWare is so secretive about game content. I continued to play the game because Im hoping BioWare will come to thier senses and give us a real space game.

On the good side the game is fun to play for awile. I dont like to grind so I followed the main storylines as far as I could until I was forced to grind. At about 23 I recieved a storyline quest that needed a charactor of about level 27 to complete. I then had to grind until I was high enouph to complete the quest. During this beta the game is not as much fun. Ive tried many diffent types of charactors but all the quest and storylines are starting to get repititions and boring. I remembered in SWG I enjoyed buying and selling things more than fighting and completing quests.

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I followed the game since Oct. 08. I had a few thousand different posts about the importance of "additional & optional" player-driven content, the importance of deep crafting and world pvp, and the importance of social profession and how they make the world feel much more "alive".

5-10,000 total replies from the other posters, e.g., "Go back to SWG...oh! Wait! You can't!", "This is not a sandbox", "We don't need social tools.", "This game will do fine without all your mentioned trash."

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Up until release weren't people saying this was the holy saviour sandbox game that will save us all? I remember people saying beta would be nothing like release and they were planning on adding a ton of features. Now its f2p?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Sony didn't ruin swg, that was lucasarts meddling. Only thing sony did wrong was to never fix the bugs and broken classes, instead we got the CU. Agai, lucasarts killed the game, not sony. They can't kill swtor now, which is good, but EA is doing a great job at trying to kill it themselves.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186

My 'favorite' bug is the Holiday hologram stun bug for the Consular class, for your healer companion (whatever his name is). I can't remember which update it was, but it went from working (update) not working (update) working (update) not working, and it has never worked again.

Well it works, poor choice of words I don't feel like editing, but what I mean by broken is that, though it still stuns, the hologram itself no longer shows up, and that sucks.

Not that it matters now. I recently went 'premium' and my Sage was one of my 2 level 50's I had to put on ice, so whatever :D

Gotta see the rest of the stories; and now I don't feel like I'm wasting money when I go for days without playing to avoid burning out :D (Sorry for the extraneousness. Yeah that's a word now, as extranea is not really a word, or not one I want to use. . .doing it again! lol)

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    I Am Not Saying Your Lieing But Could You Post A Link To Your Post? I Also Thought They Took Down All Beta Forum Posts?
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Gaborik
    I Am Not Saying Your Lieing But Could You Post A Link To Your Post? I Also Thought They Took Down All Beta Forum Posts?

uh...they wiped beta feedback long ago, around their NDA lift. also if it was on alterswtor, that fansite shut down a while back.

• LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    This game is terrible and is doomed to be terrible until it shuts down.  I still get my swg fix , bugs or not its still a great game.
    Originally posted by LifeEnder
    This game is terrible and is doomed to be terrible until it shuts down.  I still get my swg fix , bugs or not its still a great game.

Which version of SWG do you play?

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    I don't doubt that you made that post during beta. A lot of people made similar posts. You can not reason with a fanboy though even if you are trying to help the game. Blind devotion is a horrible thing.
    Originally posted by GreenHell
    I don't doubt that you made that post during beta. A lot of people made similar posts. You can not reason with a fanboy though even if you are trying to help the game. Blind devotion is a horrible thing.

Love your name, or better yet, the song it reminds me of m/

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113

Well from what I remember they were up front about many features getting set back due to having to launch early out of beta. the fantatics (which they were) are the people hyping the heck out of this game, and truly almost all of them hated WOW and SWG even coming up on any forum thread when they would boast about SW:TOR trust me I remember people talking about swotor being a sandbox and getting flamed to no end. Whats ironic those same people wish BW went that way now I imagine.

It's still a good game, even though i don't play it if you want a little fun off and on sub a month then unsub, and get a star wars fix.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Such a shame.  I logged into the game yesterday as I still have it installed.  Such a clunky experience after playing other superior games.  Lasted 5 mins and logged out. 
  • GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

Originally posted by Gaborik

uh...they wiped beta feedback long ago, around their NDA lift. also if it was on alterswtor, that fansite shut down a while back.

I Am Very Aware IfThis That Was My Point. Just Curious How He Got His Post And The Point Of Posting It Now.