Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THIS NEW TESO news is going to shock you all, literally.

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Another themepark copying what other themepark already have no big deal.

TESO is made only to be a money cow so they hope and earned money hopefully for them, when it all fails also end of bethesda unless the most talented keep making solo elder scrolls which i doub very much at this point, future will tell offocrse.

This game as so many big games will be same story all over again, you all follow hype then you find out its all of same or not made to your personal taste and come to forums whine about it, and waiting for next big thing comming around and it all rinse and repeat so predictable lol.

Im only interested in the elder scrolls solo games.

All tho its nice following this game see how this more and more over hyped themepark making same mistake again?... :)

I could offcorse be mistaken and it will be the best ever mmo in history of mmorpgs, if it was realy made by bethesda themselfs but that's very doubful.

We see soon enough its good or bad mmo.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Yeah, man. Nothing like a bunch of voice-overs to really ruin my gaming experience.

"cooled down". Just sayn. :)

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by stealthbr
    I'm not quite sure I understand some of you. You ask for the developers to stay as true as possible to the Elder Scrolls franchise, yet when they announce that the game is fully voiced, you complain? I don't remember encountering any wall of text when interacting with NPC's in Skyrim or Oblivion.

i thought they're making an MMO.

And... you thought MMOs had to have massive walls of text instead of actually listening to the voice of the character giving it a real personality and distinction. Ok then... back to MUDs you go!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by archeageking

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Voiceovers can be done on the cheap ala TSW.  SWTOR went and got well known voice actors to do the job.

Also could you imagine SWTOR without voice acting? It would be terrible. Voice acting turned a mediocre game into a fun game for a few months.  

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Full voiceovers can be done wrong (like in SWTOR) and they can be done right (like in TSW). Every damn sidequest doesn't need a boring voiceover with redundant "choices" to make. TSW's voiceovers and cutscenes brought out the atmosphere of the game out better than any multiple choice dialogue ever could.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by archeageking

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Voiceovers can be done on the cheap ala TSW.  SWTOR went and got well known voice actors to do the job.

Also could you imagine SWTOR without voice acting? It would be terrible. Voice acting turned a mediocre game into a fun game for a few months.  

I hated SWTORs voiceovers after an hour of playing. Having my character repeat the same reply for the 12th time probably did it.

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

I almost never read questtext, i keep clicking on stuff untill i get a "bling" sound that tells me i have a new quest. Same goes for my GF (even worse then for me). Yet i still love the storys some quests have,.. just that i miss most of them, due to me not wanting to read textwalls.

Voiceovers are the single best invention hitting the MMO market since EQ1 in my book.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by snipehack
    I truly see nothing wrong with this

You see nothing wrong with dumping tons of money into voice acting, at the detriment of the rest of the game?

lol, by that logic we could bash the game for EVERY single feature (even the greatest ones), due to them costing cash and taking it "away" from other things.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

You see nothing wrong with dumping tons of money into voice acting, at the detriment of the rest of the game?

I don't follow your logic here.  How is investing in voice acting always at a detriment to the rest of the game?

I could make the same argument that hiring someone to spend hours typing in quest text in multiple languages is a detriment to the rest of the game.

What's the difference?

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Voice overs are fine, Are you implying just because SWTOR had them any game that has them after that is going to be bad?

Come on!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

How's voice action: Tons of money?

Not saying it doesn't cost anything, but you know tech is pretty quick these day's, developers do not have to program the lip-movements anymore, it just auto sinks lips with spoken text. An voice actor can speak what?.....50/100 quest missions in an hour? You have several voice actors in for a day, see what amount of speech they can deliver in one day? All this is stored and when needed used.

Yes it cost money to maintain these things....but tons of money, nah not really, the amount of overal tech used either home build engine or licenced engine, the total amount of people working on the game, there's your tons of money......

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by DavisFlight You see nothing wrong with dumping tons of money into voice acting, at the detriment of the rest of the game?

If having voice work costs so much its detrimental to games, why is it every genre of game that isn't an mmo have been fully voiced for years (over a decade now)?

There is no evidence that having VO costs "tons" and VO being detrimental to games is the opposite of what the evidence shows us, the better games have gotten at telling a good story the more the games industry has grown

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by tom_gore

I hated SWTORs voiceovers after an hour of playing. Having my character repeat the same reply for the 12th time probably did it.

True... BUT after only half an hour of Skyrim you prolly go beserk the next time someone says "looking to protect yourself... or deal some damage?" lol

Seriously tho... I dont know why this is "NEWS" since it was obvious that TES would be fully voiced lol... 

second... I find it funny that people actually think that what went wrong with SWTOR was directly or indirectly because it was fully voiced... I mean... no. lol Actually that part was the GOOD part of SWTOR... and if you think that was the bad part, then... wow wonder what you thought of the rest of the game lol

Hope they get patrick stewart for an epic opening scene like Oblivion... 

Originally posted by deakon

If having voice work costs so much its detrimental to games, why is it every genre of game that isn't an mmo have been fully voiced for years (over a decade now)?

There is no evidence that having VO costs "tons" and VO being detrimental to games is the opposite of what the evidence shows us, the better games have gotten at telling a good story the more the games industry has grown

there's no evidence...yet nobody did it except swtor and its astronomical budget.

empirical evidence counts ?

Is swtor the only fully voiced game in existance? No. Do all fully voiced games have close to swtors budget? Nope. Does one point make a trend? Nope. Did bioware austin exist before swtor went into developement? Nope. Was it created specifically for swtor? Yup. Was swtor the biggest vo project ever made? Yup. Does any of this suggest teso will be the same as swtor in this regard? Nope

• ggregdggregd Member UncommonPosts: 10

there's no evidence...yet nobody did it except swtor and its astronomical budget.

empirical evidence counts ?

Empirical evidence requires more than one observation.  The reason this is so "shocking" here is that the MMPRPG.com community will jump on anything they can twist into a negative to say bad things about a game.  People here hate games.

And "Literally" shocking means electricity is running through my body.  The other definition of shocking is purely figurative, thus "literally shocking" is an oxymoron.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Voiceovers are a good thing.  ESO isn't going to have 2 limited factions with extremely yawnfest driven pve and the kind of pvp that brought me back to being a kid on a playground for capture the flag.

EverQuest 2 originally had a considerable amount of voice dialogue, and Age of Conan also featured a large amount of voiced-over quests, particularly in the early Tortage levels...and it was very cool and one of the few good aspects of those two titles.

So grats to ESO for taking a good aspect and adding it to a title that already has more depth and variation than anything on the market since Dark Age of Camelot.

Cheers!

• <facepalm>

How black and white can you get? VO does not automatically equal a bad game. Skyrim has lots of VO and it's one of the best games I've ever played. 

SWTOR was bad for many reasons, but VO was not one of them.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Obviously VOs are not inherently bad, it is good. However resources, meaning money, is not infinite so if they spend resources on VOs for sure some other aspect of the game will suffer. Gameplay, most likely.

I would personally see that money spent on unlocking the three different factions. That is far more important than some NPC AI, following some scripted dialogue.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Yamota

Obviously VOs are not inherently bad, it is good. However resources, meaning money, is not infinite so if they spend resources on VOs for sure some other aspect of the game will suffer. Gameplay, most likely.

I would personally see that money spent on unlocking the three different factions. That is far more important than some NPC AI, following some scripted dialogue.

THIS guys has the right idea.... I love the immersion VO have, but what if said VO are cheesy and not well done, then my freind you have just wasted money on a feature that, that said money could be used one somethign else.. 

Well put Yamota...

Originally posted by Robokapp i have a hard time understanding how the one existing datapoint shows one thing yet you choose to interpret exactly the opposite because it doesn't form a trend.

It isn't one data point, there are plenty of games with vo that sell extremely well, in fact since vo has became the norm in games, the games industry has grown from the realm of basement dwellers to a multi billion dollar industry

Originally posted by Robokapp   it's all the data we have and it's not in your favor.   And this is why haters will ...okay, I'm trying to say this without trolling, being purely honest. pls dont ban...and this is why haters will tear your game apart once it fails. Because right now you're blindly scremaing irrational nonsense, so when you're proven wrong there'll be an army to rub it in.  

It's not irrational nonsense, irrational nonsense is claiming that VO is the reason for swtor's failure when VO is the only thing people had anything good to say about the game

Originally posted by Robokapp i've seen this before countless times. remember FFXIV ? remember WAR? when the forums were screaming "WoW = Waiting on Warhammer" ? remember what happened after release?

Those games have nothing to do with the argument, neither had much vo or much different to what was already on the market, I dont see how games without VO failing proves that VO is bad?

Originally posted by Robokapp   well when that one point becomes a trend, 'they' will be here pointing out the trend. meanwhile your precious mmo will have been sacrificed in the name of overhyping and irrational expectations. Like most mmo's post 2007, really.  

Again what has this got to do with the issue of VO?

Originally posted by Robokapp you're killing your own game. Stop it. these irrational claims that VOs are somehow good will start a snowball effect that will slaughter TESO hopelessly.   [

The proof that VO's are good is there, your just ignoring it, did the film industry make more or less money when they became "talkies"? Sound equipment costs money yet the addition of voice made them more money.

Granted that example isn't gaming so lets try some games, did elder scrolls sell more when it was mainly text based (pre oblivion) or when it was fully voiced? Or how about bioware did their games sell more or less when they switched from text to voice? Or even look at swtor did that sell faster or slower than non voiced mmo's at launch?

The truth is people prefer fully voiced games, there is no denying that at all, even swtor sold faster than any mmo before and its main selling point was that it was fully voiced, what killed swtor wasn't vo, vo helped sell the game

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

The proof that VO's are good is there, your just ignoring it, did the film industry make more or less money when they became "talkies"? Sound equipment costs money yet the addition of voice made them more money.

Granted that example isn't gaming so lets try some games, did elder scrolls sell more when it was mainly text based (pre oblivion) or when it was fully voiced? Or how about bioware did their games sell more or less when they switched from text to voice? Or even look at swtor did that sell faster or slower than non voiced mmo's at launch?

The truth is people prefer fully voiced games, there is no denying that at all, even swtor sold faster than any mmo before and its main selling point was that it was fully voiced, what killed swtor wasn't vo, vo helped sell the game

True...

I think the original poster, has no clue why SWTOR failed but is following a crowd that stated the VO sucked and wasn't warranted.. 

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Deakon, please name the MMOs that had full Vo and did extremely well.  I would like to know which mmos you are referring to.

As far as VO hurting SWtor, you said it yourself, "VO is the only thing people had anything good to say about the game".

I am suggesting that if they wouldn't have used VO to extent that they did and instead put the money elsewhere it would have had more features that people would have said good things about.

As much as some people enjoyed VO it wasn't something that kept most of them around for very long or at least it wasn't enough to outweight the bad things. Maybe an open world, maybe a pvp planet, maybe real race choices in cgen, maybe any number of improvements could have kept people playing.

SWTor proved that VO alone is not enough to make a successful game.

Therefor, if Full VO (I am not saying have none) is not something that will have a long term positive impact on a game then maybe spending that money instead on features that will give more bang for the buck to players is a better idea.

Originally posted by Ryowulf

Deakon, please name the MMOs that had full Vo and did extremely well.  I would like to know which mmos you are referring to.

As far as VO hurting SWtor, you said it yourself, "VO is the only thing people had anything good to say about the game".

I am suggesting that if they wouldn't have used VO to extent that they did and instead put the money elsewhere it would have had more features that people would have said good things about.

As much as some people enjoyed VO it wasn't something that kept most of them around for very long or at least it wasn't enough to outweight the bad things. Maybe an open world, maybe a pvp planet, maybe real race choices in cgen, maybe any number of improvements could have kept people playing.

SWTor proved that VO alone is not enough to make a successful game.

Therefor, if Full VO (I am not saying have none) is not something that will have a long term positive impact on a game then maybe spending that money instead on features that will give more bang for the buck to players is a better idea.

I agree that VO alone isn't enough to make a successful game, but it certainly doesn't hurt and as i've said in every other genre of game its proven to be a big draw. 

The thing is VO didn't take anything away from swtor at all in reality, they had one of the biggest developement teams ever working full time for years and they made a bad mmo. It's not like those devs stopped making the game in order to watch an actor record VO.

/sarcasm on

Shocking News: ESO will have pvp!

The game could sooo rock, if they did not waste money on pvp!

/sarcasm off

Seriously, guys. Stop thinking VO are expensive enough to stop anything else from being done. Unless they plan on recruiting some A promis for like 10.000 / hour i am sure the coffee during develeopment will be more expensive.

This discussion has been closed.