Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hypocrisy of faction pride in TESO

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Ohh look its another faction lock thread.

Are the other 74,9213 threads not enough?

Suffice it to say, you are wrong and anyone who says this will fail based on their own opinion is dilluding themselves.  theres alot of folks interested in this game and the hate will not stop it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Yamota

OP is right. This faction pride excuse is just nonsense so that the devs can spend less resources designing the zones for multifaction activity.

Don't you think, that if they made everything accessible by everyone then they would have a lot less work? They could make just 1/3 of content and call it a finished product ... L don't think that they coosen easy way.

But i must agree with one point ... if you dont like this game, MMOs, themeparks, and/or any idea of MP TES then don't buy this game. AND STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT! Thanks.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by versulas
    Originally posted by Iselin

Funny thing... I've played WOW on and off for 9 years. There are many large portions of the game world and some dungeons and raids I haven't seen....nor do I particularly want to. I guess this completionist achievement is way down my list of priorities.

You can't have played WoW for 9 years... It hasn't been out that long (not even if you tried the beta). Also, you telling me you've played it for all that time and never once felt an urge to at least see what all the zones looked like? That was the first thing I did. Even when Cata came out, I had to go back and look at what changed.

I know everyone has their own unique style of playing, but failing to even have a grasp on the game world sounds like maybe you shouldn't be playing an mmorpg. There are those facebook browser games that'll do the same thing for you... 

OT, I understand the OP's frustrations... Sure DAoC had the frontier system and GW2 ran with it, but those weren't sandbox games which, for the longest time, is what people thought TESO was. Now, as more information filters out, people are slowly beginning to understand that that just isn't the case. For some it's good, some bad, either way, it's a game that doesn't allow you to seamlessly play all content and covers up that fact with buzz words like 'replayability.'

November 2004 so 8 years, 3 months... I stand corrected. Why doesn't it surprise me that a TES fundamentalist would be picky about exact dates and would have exclusive opinions about what type of person should or shouldn't play MMOs?

Some of you guys are really too much lol. Game hasn't released yet and you're already giving its community a bad name for being a bunch of malcontented zealots.

Have you played the Elder Scrols series? If not, they are based, fundamentally so, on an open world where you can go anywhere you want and join and leave whatever faction you want. 

So this is not about zealots, this is about them just scrapping one of the fundamental concepts of the Elder Scrolls series.

I have played every single one of them as I already said elsewhere. But I don't have any sandbox/themepark biases unlike some here. There is indeed zealotry here with a bunch of self-declared purists butthurt that the TES name is being used in a way they consider heretical.

All I'm really seeing here--especially if you know the names of the posters and what they post over at "the pub" in sandbox discussions--is a replaying of the same old "I know what a real MMO is and you don't" bullshit we see there on a daily basis.

I take a holistic view when it comes to MMOs: the whole package either works for me and I play it, or it doesn't and I spend my time elsewhere. I like this fantasy world Bethesda created and I like playing in it. I also enjoyed the DAoC RvR system and played it a lot. These two things make me interested in TESO. But unlike some here, I don't have absolute requirements based on how the single player games play. I have an open mind and will make up my own mind once it releases

As for the proposed boycott you posted above... good. I'm all for it. If you guys hate it, go away. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I doubt you played Elder Scrolls and if you did it seems to have deluded you as to why the series was so great. I bet you played them like a Dragon Age game. But that is fine, nothing prevents you from playing a sandbox like a linear quest hub. That is why it is so great. 

But I digress. And no, we wont be going anywhere because you see this is not Elder Scrolls Online forums. This is where you come and voice your opinions openly without getting banned for it. I know it burns you guys to see people be able to do that but that is what independent forums are for.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I'm not one really big on Free for All PvP, but it really feels like TESO would do so much better with it. Just have a crime system like in game that really elevators the character with harsh penalties when they are caught or taken down that make the act of running around killing people penalized. if done right it can help limit the 'griefing' aspect, and perhaps making 'permitted' pvp being mostly guild verse guild conflicts that could really make things interesting and more 'civil'. 

I really dislike the notion they feel factions are needed in the game, its harder sure to have Open World PvP but there are ways to make it work if you do it correctly to make it possible but also penalized enough that I player won't want to engage in it or if they are doing it, be very hesitant on how often they do it or if 'killing' should be done instead of perhaps demanding ransome from the player threatened.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

I doubt you played Elder Scrolls and if you did it seems to have deluded you as to why the series was so great. I bet you played them like a Dragon Age game. But that is fine, nothing prevents you from playing a sandbox like a linear quest hub. That is why it is so great. 

But I digress. And no, we wont be going anywhere because you see this is not Elder Scrolls Online forums. This is where you come and voice your opinions openly without getting banned for it. I know it burns you guys to see people be able to do that but that is what independent forums are for.

Exactly... this the The Elder Scrolls Online forums. Not the "The Elder Scrolls single player" forums... and on TESO there is a faction lock. Which is awesome.

So quit treating teso as a single player game. TESO has different rules because its a different game.

Is it so hard to understand?

Again - faction lock is great - it just doesnt seem like it to people who didnt play DAoC - which all people should have because as an mmo its better than anything you have out there till today.

(and yes before you ask, yes I still play DAoC)

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Its funny how Zenimax keep mentioning this "Faction Pride" when talking about their forced 3 faction system, then out of the other side of their mouth they then talk about rolling Alts for "replayability" reasons and to be able to see the entire gameworld.

How does one have pride in their faction if they are also rolling alts on the opposing factions?

Faction Pride doesn't dissapear just because you are rolling alts.

• Faction Pride = My favorite Faction (main character is here)
    • Replayability  = Making a new character to see new things I haven't seen yet.

People make characters in both factions in SWTOR all the time. A simple look at the general chat is all that is needed to see that despite having alts, players clearly prefer one faction over the other. That is what Faction Pride is all about. In fact, rolling alts to see the "other sides" can increase your Faction Pride (or make you switch to the dark side *cough*).

And yet, if faction pride was about the players choice, and rolling alts had nothing to do about this, why do they feel they must force mechanics on us to enhance this pride?  Should be not have the choice of how much pride we want?  Should we not be able to feel a sense of pride for our factions cause while still being able to explore the rest of the world?

The fact remains, they are using this faction pride excuse as a way to defer attention away from the real reason they went with this method, it was easier to produce and was the way they could make a PvP focused game that would not drive off all the PvE'ers that did not want to PvP. Yet what really happened is they offended the PvPers that think open world PvP is a must in a PvP game, and they offended the PvEers by locking them out of 2/3 of the game on a single character(and then had the gull to pretty much tell them it's for their own good)

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by azzamasin

So any thread dealing with TESO is "look another faction lock thread?".  It always comes up, deal with it if you are a hardened fan.

It's a shitty system, and people ARE going to talk about it from now til beyond release .. !! :P

Get used to it now.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by walltar

OP is right. This faction pride excuse is just nonsense so that the devs can spend less resources designing the zones for multifaction activity.

Don't you think, that if they made everything accessible by everyone then they would have a lot less work? They could make just 1/3 of content and call it a finished product ... L don't think that they coosen easy way.

Not necessarily - they might need to spend less resources in mapmaking and 3D models design but they will probably spend no less on contents design, more resources on faction/class balancing and even more resources and moderation/exploit fixes and pervention.

So it seems their design decisions are aiming for a more "fire-and-forget" product rather than a continuous development product ala swtor style - just make the money and than squeeze the game for everything it is worth.

That's the feeling I got from it anyways.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276

I sure hope if they are only using a single server technology that they only allow you to choose one faction PER ACCOUNT.  If they are using multiple servers then one faction PER SERVER.  Just like DAOC.

Without this, people will make alts in all three realms and there will be no such thing as realm pride as once one side get's the upper hand everyone will log in their characters in that realm to enjoy the advantage.  It's what happened in DAOC after they had to cluster the servers (which allowed a person to have multiple realm characters per cluster).

Without these mechanisms they might as well not even give lip service to realm/faction pride.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Where will be the freedom of The Elder Scroll games which are so famous for i wonder?

This game is clearly not made by core team of bethesda.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by azzamasin

So any thread dealing with TESO is "look another faction lock thread?".  It always comes up, deal with it if you are a hardened fan.

It's a shitty system, and people ARE going to talk about it from now til beyond release .. !! :P

Get used to it now.

Quit saying its a shity system when history proves it isnt and stop using generalisations as if its fact because it is your opinion.  My opinion says it isn't even though I have proof and all you have is opinions.

IT MAY BE FOR YOU BUT QUIT SAYING IT LIKE IT IS FACT.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Giffen

I sure hope if they are only using a single server technology that they only allow you to choose one faction PER ACCOUNT.  If they are using multiple servers then one faction PER SERVER.  Just like DAOC.

Without this, people will make alts in all three realms and there will be no such thing as realm pride as once one side get's the upper hand everyone will log in their characters in that realm to enjoy the advantage.  It's what happened in DAOC after they had to cluster the servers (which allowed a person to have multiple realm characters per cluster).

Without these mechanisms they might as well not even give lip service to realm/faction pride.

Yea, you get to choose which campaign you are locked into and can not move from it, even though the rest of the PvE world you can.  Just compare it to soemthing like GW2 now that you have guesting (although it is slightly different) but for analogys sake you can use it.  I play on Sanctum of Rall normall, and I can only WvW in SoR.  However I can go play with friends from Sorrow's Furnace any time I want in their PvE zones.

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

Exactly... this the The Elder Scrolls Online forums. Not the "The Elder Scrolls single player" forums... and on TESO there is a faction lock. Which is awesome.

So quit treating teso as a single player game. TESO has different rules because its a different game.

Again - faction lock is great - it just doesnt seem like it to people who didnt play DAoC - which all people should have because as an mmo its better than anything you have out there till today.

Really? really now? Wow, you are like the epitome of all DAoC fans. If you love DAoC so much than go request a DAoC 2. Don't take another game's name and just slap the name sticker on a DAoC 2.  

Plain and simple, the IP was founded on FREEDOM as was said a billion times before. So when you make the online/mutiplayer version of a game you take thats game's principle and you build your mutiplayer AROUND it. 

Instead these devs are taking DAoC and wrapping TES around it, which is completely wrong.

I am not a fanboy of TES by any means. Most of my gaming has been through MMOs, but I was excited over the sheer size potential of this map. Skyrim IMO was huge and to think that that was only 1/6, if even that, of the whole world of Tamriel was just mind boggling.

I could argue. but plenty of people here are doing that already and no amount of arguing will change any minds.

I simply wanted:

1. Complete open world environment. Go anywhere, be any race, join any faction based on how you felt about them or their ideals.

2. Open world PvP. People should have a sense of fear traveling through the world because anything can happen. You wanna be safe? Ask guildies to group and travel as a pack or hire mercs to be your bodyguards. Hell that even adds more subroles within the game cause higher levels can be paid gold to protect the lowbies.

3. Massive in depth crafting. None of this "Get parts A, B, and C....put together...and done! Item time". No instead it's "Get items 1,2, and 3...make part A. Then another items 1, 2, and 3 to make B. etc etc. Then finally you make the actual Item.

Simply put. You want an immersive game? You want longevity? Well make the game world like the real world. Easiest way to put it. Think to yourself, "If this were to be put in the real world how would it play out?" and then do that in the game world.

You walk out of your house to go somewhere, is there a possibility of being mugged? killed? Sure it happens everyday. Shootings, Rape, Car accidents. Basically it's open world PvP in the real world and this is what i expect in the game world. Even in WoW sure you can be on a PvE server where you cant actually open world gank someone, but when your guild goes to invade Stormwind you will find that people, even being low level and on a PvE carebear server, will engage in the PvP cause they feel safe enough in large numbers, in their home city, with fellow alliance members that they will flag for PvP to be that 1 guy level 40 who had the killing blow on a fully geared level 90. 

When you want to make a table in the real world it's not some instant gratification let me get 2 pieces of wood and 3 nails and poof! I have my table. No, it takes weeks of sanding, cutting, measuring.

Thats how much depth is expected out of games now. It's not about 1+2=3, but more about 1+5-4+6-5....finally after a while =3

I just find it sad that based on what I've read so far TESO has more in common with a FPS, in terms of how much the PvP is being pushed as the central priciple and driving force. 

In contrast, I feel Arche Age is actually capturing the main freedom principle that TESO should be focused on. 

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349

to let alts on game is one thing but a game that forcing you create alts to see the world thats bad imo.

What WoW did perfect on that formula was to let anyone be able to explore everything...ofc the area of the opposite faction will be more hostile at least mob wise (if the server is pve) ,and if the server is pvp u are more likley to be attacked on other faction lands...but noone forced u to not be able go a see that lands anyway.

Wow for example has casulize many things and that sucked but some things really did very right and one was this. freedom on some key elements like this.

they can let everyone be able to go everywhere and just give an option for pvp on/off like it wow on pve servers...its not hard and it could be nice. i know it would be agaist the ES philosophy to see a hostile mob/player and be unable to attack it BUT its better this than prevent players meet each otherand travel alltogether everywhere in game.

Those that like to make alts they gonna make them no matter what... i know i will cause i wanna check some other combination of class/skills etc..im always curious if another combination would be more fun to play. i believe that those restrictions are cheap excuses for not wanting to make it as open world as it should. to favor that 1 huge megaserver.

they could at least have 3 megaservers. one for open pvp,1 for pve (with on and off pvp) and 1 for no pvp besides the bgs...

i bet that the pvp and pve servers would be the most popular... but they want the all around solution with one megaserver and gonna destroy the freedom and the open world philosophy of the game!...........shame. 

Originally posted by sodade21

to let alts on game is one thing but a game that forcing you create alts to see the world thats bad imo.

What WoW did perfect on that formula was to let anyone be able to explore everything...

lol what...?

No... seriously.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Rukushin

Plain and simple, the IP was founded on FREEDOM as was said a billion times before. So when you make the online/mutiplayer version of a game you take thats game's principle and you build your mutiplayer AROUND it. 

The IP was a single player game. How would they have had faction lock even if they wanted to?

This game is a MMO, based around player interactions, an important one being factional warfare.

Even if you choose to only explore one faction, do you really need to see all the other factions leveling content? Cyrodil will be the end game, we all know this. So everyone will end up in the same place regardless.

If you really do have to see it, roll an alt, you wont even need to play it once you get past the faction leveling area. Do that twice and you have seen the rest of the world, congrats. Now you can focus on your mains and your faction pride. Problem solved.

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by evilastro

The IP was a single player game. How would they have had faction lock even if they wanted to?

This game is a MMO, based around player interactions, an important one being factional warfare.

Even if you choose to only explore one faction, do you really need to see all the other factions leveling content? Cyrodil will be the end game, we all know this. So everyone will end up in the same place regardless.

If you really do have to see it, roll an alt, you wont even need to play it once you get past the faction leveling area. Do that twice and you have seen the rest of the world, congrats. Now you can focus on your mains and your faction pride. Problem solved.

You are speaking like MMO Player ... but you know this will be TES game hurr durr ... freedom hurr durr ... real comabat hur durr

Pitty, that people still thinks, that this will be TES game ... it won't, it will be MMO set in TES lore, done by another company (wchich like bethesda tries to maximize profits) with MMO mechanics.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

SKYRIM

There is a war going on between the Imperials and the Nords.

You are an outsider until you CHOOSE to pick a side. Once you CHOOSE a side you are an enemy to the other faction.

Can be done, has been done, will be done again.

Even if you choose to only explore one faction, do you really need to see all the other factions leveling content?

This is where you show your inability to undestand the point being made.

This is not about levelling content but freedom to explore.

Cyrodil will be the end game, we all know this. So everyone will end up in the same place regardless.

A long established IP, famed for the great feedom and PvE turned into an MMO where they base the game on LACK of freedom and PvP....you don't see a slight flaw in their logic?

Again you show you just don't get it. It isn't about seeing content, it is about the freedom to explore. Creating alts to see the rest of the map isn't exploring. Seriously, don't be so stupid with your comments or just don't comment if you don't understand the points being made.

• kostantiskostantis Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Not necessarily - they might need to spend less resources in mapmaking and 3D models design but they will probably spend no less on contents design, more resources on faction/class balancing and even more resources and moderation/exploit fixes and pervention.

So it seems their design decisions are aiming for a more "fire-and-forget" product rather than a continuous development product ala swtor style - just make the money and than squeeze the game for everything it is worth.

That's the feeling I got from it anyways.

EXACTLY! fire and forget, give something for the casual crowd, make them feel they beat the game

AND MOST IMPORTANT: does it not sound wrong to add the term "REPLAYABILITY" to an MMO???????? as if you finish it and then re-play it to make up for its cost? (explanation provided for us stupid people)

PLease Share thouhts

Originally posted by Maelwydd

SKYRIM

There is a war going on between the Imperials and the Nords.

You are an outsider until you CHOOSE to pick a side. Once you CHOOSE a side you are an enemy to the other faction.

Can be done, has been done, will be done again.

Even if you choose to only explore one faction, do you really need to see all the other factions leveling content?

This is where you show your inability to undestand the point being made.

This is not about levelling content but freedom to explore.

Cyrodil will be the end game, we all know this. So everyone will end up in the same place regardless.

A long established IP, famed for the great feedom and PvE turned into an MMO where they base the game on LACK of freedom and PvP....you don't see a slight flaw in their logic?

Again you show you just don't get it. It isn't about seeing content, it is about the freedom to explore. Creating alts to see the rest of the map isn't exploring. Seriously, don't be so stupid with your comments or just don't comment if you don't understand the points being made.

You fail to see how all that 'freedom' would react with a MMO environment. Freedom is great in single player games, thankfully they arent going to stop making TES now that there is a MMO set in the TES universe.

What would this freedom result in for a MMO? Ganking newbies or meaningless conflict. Keeping it to a central area makes it far more controlled and eliminates the oppertunity for griefing.

Within the defined lore of TESO, there is no way that the opposing races would be allowed to enter the opposing faction areas. This isnt Skyrim where you are akin to a god where you can walk where you please, you are another member of an army who would be indescriminantly killed if you entered enemy territory without an army to back you up.

This game is set in a 3 faction war. This game isnt set in a world with 'freedom to explore' just like you wouldnt have freedom to explore a country that you were at war with. If they make it so border guards kill you on sight to improve your feeling of immersion, so be it.

Not to mention that this game is delivering a land mass of Skyrim x 2 for each faction, yet you use Skyrim as an example of freedom. Could you explore Daggerfall in Skyrim? Oh wait, no you couldnt. Why no freedom? Boo hoo.

You are speaking like MMO Player ... but you know this will be TES game hurr durr ... freedom hurr durr ... real comabat hur durr

Pitty, that people still thinks, that this will be TES game ... it won't, it will be MMO set in TES lore, done by another company (wchich like bethesda tries to maximize profits) with MMO mechanics.

Exactly, I am speaking about what will work from a MMO perspective. Letting opposing factions enter each other territory just cheapens the realm vs realm aspect.

Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

Really? really now? Wow, you are like the epitome of all DAoC fans. If you love DAoC so much than go request a DAoC 2. Don't take another game's name and just slap the name sticker on a DAoC 2.  

Instead these devs are taking DAoC and wrapping TES around it, which is completely wrong.

I am not a fanboy of TES by any means. Most of my gaming has been through MMOs, but I was excited over the sheer size potential of this map. Skyrim IMO was huge and to think that that was only 1/6, if even that, of the whole world of Tamriel was just mind boggling.

I could argue. but plenty of people here are doing that already and no amount of arguing will change any minds.

I simply wanted:

1. Complete open world environment. Go anywhere, be any race, join any faction based on how you felt about them or their ideals.

2. Open world PvP. People should have a sense of fear traveling through the world because anything can happen. You wanna be safe? Ask guildies to group and travel as a pack or hire mercs to be your bodyguards. Hell that even adds more subroles within the game cause higher levels can be paid gold to protect the lowbies.

3. Massive in depth crafting. None of this "Get parts A, B, and C....put together...and done! Item time". No instead it's "Get items 1,2, and 3...make part A. Then another items 1, 2, and 3 to make B. etc etc. Then finally you make the actual Item.

1. Skyrim is not huge lol... its probably the smallest of all the TES games maps

2. I dont have random shootings or rapes or ... where do you live? Some Mad Max-like country? Or... Book of Eli? Wow... yea I dont really "PvP every day in my real life" lol

3. Go play Archeage <jedi mind trick> This isn't the game you're looking for... you can go about your business. Move along

Oh and you've seen TESO crafting already? You even know anything about DAoC crafting? Since both answers are "no", refer to point 3.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

You fail to see how all that 'freedom' would react with a MMO environment. Freedom is great in single player games, thankfully they arent going to stop making TES now that there is a MMO set in the TES universe.

What would this freedom result in for a MMO? Ganking newbies or meaningless conflict. Keeping it to a central area makes it far more controlled and eliminates the oppertunity for griefing.

Why did you add the ability for PvP to take place outside Cyrodil?

The designers justify the lack of fighting outside Cyrodil by stating that they have an agreement to only fight in Cyrodil a contrived reason simply for game mechanics, but it is their reason for it - So why does that change simply because the borders are now open?

Change NOTHING else but alow exploration in ALL territories and the problem is solved. Nothing else needs to be changed or added (in fact they just need to remove the artificial borders which should not have been put in in the first place - wasted effort).

Within the defined lore of TESO, there is no way that the opposing races would be allowed to enter the opposing faction areas. This isnt Skyrim where you are akin to a god where you can walk where you please, you are another member of an army who would be indescriminantly killed if you entered enemy territory without an army to back you up.

If you were sitting on a train next to a guy in an army uniform you might guess right they were in the army. If you were sitting next to the same guy in a business suite you would be using God like powers to know they were in the army.  Faction locking races means you are free to assume someones loyalties because they are of a certain race. 

Plus, what about people that don't want to engage in PvP or for character reasons are not involved in the war or actually have reasons to fight against a particular faction?

This game is set in a 3 faction war. This game isnt set in a world with 'freedom to explore' just like you wouldnt have freedom to explore a country that you were at war with. If they make it so border guards kill you on sight to improve your feeling of immersion, so be it.

So during every single war in the entire human history of mankind, no one, NOT ONE person has ever been able to step foot into the lands held by the enemy....how for example does an army INVADE when they are not able to cross the border....please mommy can I cross the street to invade Poland? Just too fucking dumb!

Not to mention that this game is delivering a land mass of Skyrim x 2 for each faction, yet you use Skyrim as an example of freedom. Could you explore Daggerfall in Skyrim? Oh wait, no you couldnt. Why no freedom? Boo hoo.

Not this one again, such a lame argument I will not even bother to reply to it except to say, again, fucking reatrded!

Originally posted by Maelwydd

Why did you add the ability for PvP to take place outside Cyrodil?

The designers justify the lack of fighting outside Cyrodil by stating that they have an agreement to only fight in Cyrodil a contrived reason simply for game mechanics, but it is their reason for it - So why does that change simply because the borders are now open?

Change NOTHING else but alow exploration in ALL territories and the problem is solved. Nothing else needs to be changed or added (in fact they just need to remove the artificial borders which should not have been put in in the first place - wasted effort).

Dumbest thing I have read for a while. Oh hai guys! We are at war, but not here. Lets be friends!

Yeah no, talk about immersion breaking. The game is about the factional warfare of 3 factions, letting players enter each others areas just ruins the immersion and cheapens the game.

If you were sitting on a train next to a guy in an army uniform you might guess right they were in the army. If you were sitting next to the same guy in a business suite you would be using God like powers to know they were in the army.  Faction locking races means you are free to assume someones loyalties because they are of a certain race. 

Plus, what about people that don't want to engage in PvP or for character reasons are not involved in the war or actually have reasons to fight against a particular faction?

These are all distinctive races, if Africa was at war with Japan, I am pretty sure they would know what the opposite faction looks like. Just saying. Its kinda hard to disguise the fact that you are a lizard person or a cat person.

Tough, whether you like it or not, everyone is involved in the war. Feel free to play Skyrim or another ESO game which isnt in this realm vs realm setting.

So during every single war in the entire human history of mankind, no one, NOT ONE person has ever been able to step foot into the lands held by the enemy....how for example does an army INVADE when they are not able to cross the border....please mommy can I cross the street to invade Poland? Just too fucking dumb!

Not in the sense that you want to. Walking around freely and exploring. The point is that you arent going to be 'invading' a country, you just want to waltz in by yourself or with a small group. Which is pretty dumb considering there is a war going on.

Not this one again, such a lame argument I will not even bother to reply to it except to say, again, fucking reatrded!

I concur, fucking reatrded!