Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHY OH WHY ?!?!?!?

GrimzigGrimzig Member Posts: 3

For the love of all that is Holy are ALL the new MMO's flippin some variant of japanimation, anime, pokemon, fluffy, cudly looking characters and world?

Man do i miss games that look like Warhammer Online, Warcraft with deep textures and beautifully crafted design. Please noone take this as a racist comment but is the Asian market just taking over new game design?

Comments

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297
    The Secret World isn't "cutesy" like you're complaining about.  Uses the same graphics engine as Age of Conan.  Defiance which is coming out in April isn't cutesy either.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Looks like a drunk post of mine.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• GrimzigGrimzig Member Posts: 3
    Sadly im sober :)
  • GrimzigGrimzig Member Posts: 3
    I will check out Defiance, I didnt care for Secret World. Not much into the post apacolyptic type game style.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

This thread led me to speculate on the kind of avatar people choose.

Do PvPers choose grungier avatars than PvEers?

Do carebears choose well carebears?

I have no data really, just a random thought.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I read somewhere that the reason horde are statistically better than alliance in wow is because a bigger proportion of Pvpers prefer to play evil chars, makes sense.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    I'm sorry did he say Warcraft was beautiful and not toonish? That's what I thought I read. The best looking game for a very long time has been LOTRO. Dunno what you'd consider toonish if you didn't think Warcraft was toonish. Odd.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Complains about cutesy toony graphics

Cites WoW as better alternative

lolwut

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    An example or two fo the cutesy whatever games you're going on about would be nice. 
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    I'm sorry did he say Warcraft was beautiful and not toonish? That's what I thought I read. The best looking game for a very long time has been LOTRO. Dunno what you'd consider toonish if you didn't think Warcraft was toonish. Odd.

Might want to re-read the OPs post.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• firestarter017firestarter017 Member Posts: 25
    Most of the games being created are made by Koreans, Japanese and other Asian countries. Plus, many of them are not cutesy. Take ArcheAge for example. I've seen the trailer for that game. Looks nice and has a bad ass graphics. 
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Grimzig

For the love of all that is Holy are ALL the new MMO's flippin some variant of japanimation, anime, pokemon, fluffy, cudly looking characters and world?

Man do i miss games that look like Warhammer Online, Warcraft with deep textures and beautifully crafted design. Please noone take this as a racist comment but is the Asian market just taking over new game design?

Aren't Pandas fluffy cudly looking animals? What is wrong with your eyes Grimzig? And didn't I saw that Panda do kung fu in that WoW trailer? That is asian, right?

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Personally, I would be happy if all future MMO's only had orcs and female castanics.  Just saying.