Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is wrong with me? (LF game)

Comments

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86
    We're getting older, so are the game mechanics, only so many times they can reskin and keep us intrested.
  • EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

There are 2 games that I have 'loved' and thats UO and WoW. Obviously for different reasons. If I were you, I'd just go back to WoW with a fresh outlook. For what it is, a quest based game, there simply is nothing that comes close. There never will be, how can you beat a game with an 8 year head start and billions of dollars of revenue.

Anyway, until something really different comes along, why play a crappy clone?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by EndDream

There are 2 games that I have 'loved' and thats UO and WoW. Obviously for different reasons. If I were you, I'd just go back to WoW with a fresh outlook. For what it is, a quest based game, there simply is nothing that comes close. There never will be, how can you beat a game with an 8 year head start and billions of dollars of revenue.

True that, But the problem is... for me, not really in mood to buy the last 3-4 WoW Expansions.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    Originally posted by EndDream

True that, But the problem is... for me, not really in mood to buy the last 3-4 WoW Expansions.

They are on sale really cheap right now.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by XAPGames

I know the feeling.  I haven't found it either.  At the moment I'm playing SP RPG on a tablet.  Sad, but at least it's fun.

What's SP? 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by sxvs

i'm in the same boat, i badly want to find a new home mmo.

the main thing i want is an amazing world to live in, as if it's alive/organic... one that i can explore with many options available/not being restrictive.

where you could fish and you could almost fish up something new every session, not where there was just a set list of things you know you're going to fish up.

or with real time day/night cycles, weather... calamities, real time world wide events, etc.

maybe what i'm looking for isn't possible or realistic.

AC1 and 2 have day/night and weather.

They are also seamless with large worlds to explore. There is no linear path, go do what you want. At the top end crafted weapons/armor are typically the best as well creating more for players to do and intereact with one another.

They have run live events here and there in AC1, and probably will for AC2 at some point now that it is back.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    The problem is you need to try some fo the MMOs that came before WoW.....WoW really simplified the genre but in alot of ways that was bad....Maybe give Everquest, Anarchy Online, UO, DAoC, or Asheron's Call a shot?
  • SuffurSuffur Member UncommonPosts: 24

I almost feel as if i wrote the OP its so true for me as well, like exactly. 

I find myself wasting time in Path of Exile and LoL waiting for SimCity to hold me over until Final Fantasy 14 ARR and hopefully all will be good for a while there. Just getting the occasional MMO itch and find myself browsing these forums from time to time longing for the golden MMO days. Why did we go from having 3-5 options down to like 1ish?

• magio201865magio201865 Member Posts: 4
    Eve online pvp will keep u up all night
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by magio201865
    Eve online pvp will keep u up all night

I'm surprised not to see more poeples suggesting Eve...

If you have a big play-time it's really the only MMO worth playing atm.

You will find the biggest MMO ever made, some of the most impressive gamers' organisations, and no matter what you like : PvE, PvP, RPing, Crafting, exploring or WHATEVER.... Eve can provide it.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I'm in the same boat like most I guess... MMORPGs can't keep me hooked for too long anymore. Gave Fallen Earth a try (again) last xmas, stayed with it for 6 weeks and got bored. Same with WoW. I resubbed this month with a 60-day timecard and I feel like I have to play because I paid for it :s

The 3 things on the horizon I'm waiting for are

• Neverwinter, but it'll prolly be a fail because it's from Cryptic and uses somewhat fixed weapon/class stuff (from what I hear). But I hope it'll give somewhat of a D&D experience like I had back in the days I played AD&D2e with friends, making NW my story and not theirs...
    • Age of Wushu. Though a lot of bad news goes around here and I don't like martial art games, the PvP system with criminal rules does sound tempting (VERY tempting actually :D)
    • Archeage - DUHUH ^^ And the best thing is that TRION will be hosting it. They just ROCK!!!!
    Aside from that, I'm bck to mostly single-player games again. Completing RPG I started and replaying them. Busy with Dragon Age: Origins now (never had the time to finish it due to Lineage II...)
  • Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

I feel you OP, after Wrath in WoW I totally lost interest and havent found an MMO to really suck me in.

I came from B.net, Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo series all sucked me in instantly. SC2 and Diablo3 failed to do so, starting to think I am just a lost cause at this point. LoL did capture me for quite a few months, afterwards the community really turned me off.

I would say I am looking for a more online experience with world PVP/general PVP with no restrictions. Forced ladder, no open pvp, zergfest or extremely broken pvp that goes on for months just have me exhausted.

For me, the best times I have had in online games -

Starcraft Vanilla, BW for UMS. Diablo 2: LoD gear running/pvp, Halo, and twinking prior to cross realm BGs.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

same here, I want to find really great, unique, fun and addictive game!
    so far found only hype about and got disappointed by GW2.

WoW still the ever best of all I could find, as it very large world and can suite to almost all play style.

Rift is not bad, but seems to be more "limited" as WoW.

Forsaken World is f2p WoW substitute but it too grindy compare to WoW and way too small.

Runes of Magic is all about "pay-to-win", not FUN if you don't pay a lot, not worth paying for either, IMO.

Tera + Aion offer too much grind instate of fun.

Eve could be interesting but it has established community and it's Si-Fi.

Looking for Elder Scrolls too, but not sure if it will be too much about PvP or not, as PvP for me is occasional only fun.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

OP as i read your post i felt as if it was me talking. I completly am in the same boat. Sadly wow is beyond dead for me. Rift is good but not worth my money. People say eve but recently, i have been trying to play eve and i am a sandbox lover, but it eve is just to boring, even in combat i see myself yawning.

It is at its heart a sandbox interface game and that is why eve is allowed such expansive progression and builds. Eve truly does not have any exploration due to the fact that its all "wallpaper" but still a great game but not for those who want that real mmorpg feel. I can say my one true hope is Archage because of its rembalance to swg. I am currently playing darkfall unholy wars beta. Its fun... But its beta. then comes teso and the curiosity of wildstar. Let us hope soon something will catch our long lost yerning attention,love, and gamerness.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Hi Sim. I ran into the same problem about a year or so ago. While a lot of MMO's are really fun and great we're basically just sick of them. I'll go out on a limb and assume you just enjoy the social aspect of MMO's and thats why youre hell bent on finding a new one to play.

I suggest trying out some single player games again. My return to single player games has really truly helped in getting me excited for video games again. I still play some MMO's but a whole hell of a lot more casually simply because nothing has sucked me in. 

For MMO's have you tried DC Universe Online? its a whole lot of fun and a real quality game with an asston of content and its different from WoW and the others which is probably what you need. You might not like it but if you havent tried it i highly reccommend it.

I really think you should try mixing in some single player games youve always wanted to finish or play.

Kingdoms of Amalur is incredible.

Good luck in your search.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by jtcgs

If you think WoW was the best MMO then you need a game that has carrots on a stick to make up for lack of deep gameplay. WoW always focused its players on shinies to keep you busy since the game itself cannot provide it.

Try Rift.

Meh...how easy it is to reduce a game to the carrot on a stick theory.

Have you considered that many, many people played the game not for the shinies but just for the open world, the cities, the interesting races and their story, the painful travelings (which is good) etc.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    I played the same games, I asked the same questions, then I (re)discovered Age of Conan which is basically similiar to WoW with better, non-cartoon graphics, better story, violence, blood and ten times better combat.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

You all sound like addicts going after your first high...

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    I can't tell you what's wrong with you, but I've been playing the same MMORPG for 9 years, and I can tell you it's wanting what you've got.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Originally posted by Bossalinie

Yep 'cuz that "high" is legal and (unless you have some psy issue) is not going to turn you into a antisocial-zombi and hardly as health-damaging as doing (hard) drugs.

To sane poeples video gaming and particulary online video gaming has a lot of pros and really little to no cons...

So I see no issue here.

Are you clever enough to understand that or do you need some stupid analogys ? Cuz comparing video-games to drugs is a pretty comon and stupid analogy unless you have a very open-minded definition of "drugs".

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

Age of Wushu. 

I just saved your life.

Dont come back crying after TESO is a huge letdown like GW2 was...geeee who saw THAT one coming? But every year the hype train grows stronger. 

Age of Wushu until Archeage.  It shouldn't be complicated. 

Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Age of Wushu. 

I just saved your life.

Dont come back crying after TESO is a huge letdown like GW2 was...geeee who saw THAT one coming? But every year the hype train grows stronger. 

Age of Wushu until Archeage.  It shouldn't be complicated. 

Giving wushu a try right now.

I believe they didn't westernise it too much and the game is refreshing. Combat are INDEED a little clumsy in the beginning but I didn't go far for now and I don't know yet how enjoyable the "flying" fights are. First hour or two in the game are a little rude if you never played an eastern MMO but nothing a normally crafted brain can't handle.

Originally posted by Vindicar

Yep 'cuz that "high" is legal and (unless you have some psy issue) is not going to turn you into a antisocial-zombi and hardly as health-damaging as doing (hard) drugs.

To sane poeples video gaming and particulary online video gaming has a lot of pros and really little to no cons...

So I see no issue here.

Are you clever enough to understand that or do you need some stupid analogys ? Cuz comparing video-games to drugs is a pretty comon and stupid analogy unless you have a very open-minded definition of "drugs".

As an MMO gamer, I gave you the benefit of the doubt assuming you'd know that 'addicts' and 'high' is not an illegal drug only reference, by far. 

But go on, playboy. I'm not going to stop your line of thinking. Maybe when you participate in this same thread 10 years down the road, you may realize the actual 'substance' of the cliche...

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Vindicar

So I see no issue here.

As an MMO gamer, I gave you the benefit of the doubt assuming you'd know that 'addicts' and 'high' is not an illegal drug only reference, by far. 

But go on, playboy. I'm not going to stop your line of thinking. Maybe when you participate in this same thread 10 years down the road, you may realize the actual 'substance' of the cliche...

Actually there's no such thing as an addiction to anything besides drugs.  Considering addiction is largely defined by the medical and psychological communities you will not find any addictions besides drugs supported there.  At least not outside of people spouting personal opinion and attempting to drum up support for their ideas.  Even gambling is not considered an addiction.  It's an impulse control problem.  Just because you can't control your behavior does not mean you have an addiction.  This is what happens when people use language incorrectly.

By your definition OCD would be an addiction to whatever my compulsion may be, let's use hand washing as an example.  So because I can't stop washing my hands I must be addicted  to it?

Steam: Neph

Are you wash your hands in different sinks or soaps to try and achieved the joy of washing your hands for the first time? No? Then that's not what I'm saying...