Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How about a walking dead mmo ?

corkingxcorkingx Member CommonPosts: 13
Having a walking dead mmo like the movie without the movie line but you can meet  the characters and all would be so epic, having a free and big world like in the movie where you can choose to setup camp and play with ppl or dont trust them, what do you guys think of the idea ?

Comments

• nottunednottuned Member Posts: 92
    i will never buy a game made after tv / movie since the horror of my nintendo.... the horror
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    There already is a "Walking Dead" MMO.  It's the first 3 maps of TSW.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    In theory, a CCP-style "Walking Dead" MMO might work:  a big pvp sandbox where different "tribes," large and small, find strongholds to defend, no one trusts anyone, resources are scarce, et cetera. I wouldn't play it for the same reason I don't play EVE (pvp just isn't my thing), but it's the only way a "Walking Dead" theme would make any sense. The dog-eat-dog reality, where the people are far more monstrous than the shambling hordes of flesh-eating undead surrounding them, is what makes the show/comics so enthralling. If all of the characters were on the same side fighting against brainless automatons, it'd be pointless.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by corkingx
    Having a walking dead mmo like the movie without the movie line but you can meet  the characters and all would be so epic, having a free and big world like in the movie where you can choose to setup camp and play with ppl or dont trust them, what do you guys think of the idea ?

its not walking dead but something similar thats coming to the console

http://www.tentonhammer.com/undead-labs/interviews/jeff-strain/May-16-2011

the greatest enemy in any apocalypse scenario is often our fellow survivors.

Just as in the world today, most people are basically cool, but a few can be real douchebags. The zombie apocalypse would probably amplify those personality traits further, drawing a clear line between people who have your back, and people who would be happy to stab your back. While the fundamental conflict is “humans vs. zombies”, you can bet we’ll be working in the human conflict as well.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

You know what Walking Dead mmo would be like?

See below:

• corkingxcorkingx Member CommonPosts: 13
    i wish i could play the secret world, but i dont have money for it cause of medical bills :(
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

You know what Walking Dead mmo would be like?

See below:

Yeah, sod plot and charactirisation, I just want death.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    It would be awesome. Unfourtunately we have two such MMOs called DayZ and WarZ and both are found lacking. There is another zombie apocalyptic game coming up but I believe it is for consoles. Maybe not exclusively but any game that is designed for consoles wont be good on the PC.
  • Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Sounds like any mmorpg with undead mobs.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Probably wouldnt work since everyone will expect to loot full armor and multiple weapon clips off every zombie they kill.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by Yamota
    It would be awesome. Unfourtunately we have two such MMOs called DayZ and WarZ and both are found lacking. There is another zombie apocalyptic game coming up but I believe it is for consoles. Maybe not exclusively but any game that is designed for consoles wont be good on the PC.

Somewhat in the same style of the game would be really cool yeah, i find dayz lacking graphics, and i find warz lacking alot more, it looks nice but it just dont play as DAYZ   but those games are far to boring, im thinking more of a  world of warcraft, with a first person view gamestyle world 

World of warcraft Size world  / questing / areas /

Guildwards 2 graphics,

Loot finding, like in dayz, meeting ppl., open world pvp,,   all with the music sounds and looks of the series, all the epic dialogues and all  just hope this ever happens

• Tnk0072Tnk0072 Member UncommonPosts: 98
    i wish i could play the secret world, but i dont have money for it cause of medical bills :(

You know that the game is now just buy to play, it still has a subscription option, but it isnt required to play. Not sure how much of an advantage or whatnot is gained from the subscription but still might make it within your budget, if you didnt already know about this.! Anywho hope all is well with the medical issues!

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Yamota

Do they have ZombieZ yet?

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Would the zombies sparkel in the sun ? That would epic...... lol
    Originally posted by Tnk0072

You know that the game is now just buy to play, it still has a subscription option, but it isnt required to play. Not sure how much of an advantage or whatnot is gained from the subscription but still might make it within your budget, if you didnt already know about this.! Anywho hope all is well with the medical issues!

oh the medical stuff is not for me, its for my mother who has some serious things going on, just dont feel like naming them here, just trying to end meets you know, beeing really poor now, but real life goes first, i really want to test that secret world out, just to see what kind of game it is, i played so many games man, and this is what gets me my interest

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Forget that, I want a high school of the dead MMO instead.. :)

That said, I personally prefer to avoid large external IPs when it comes to MMOs these days. Lots of the money end up being thrown at getting the name leaving less for the actual game design. If a walking dead MMO was made these days, I'd be afraid it'd end up a browser style MMO (see Game of Thrones).

Also, other than specific situations and characters, I don't really see what else the walking dead added to the general zombie mythos, and those two things I can't see working too well on a survival style MMO that shouldn't have a linear storyline in the first place.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Would the zombies sparkel in the sun ? That would epic...... lol

You mean something like this....

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

haha man, yeah i saw some screens and small videos of secret world including them zombie things, im really looking forward to play that game someday, just thats gonna take a while  i think :(
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Forget that, I want a high school of the dead MMO instead.. :)

On the second TSW map is a mission hub called Innsmouth Academy.   It's not a full MMO, but, it's something toward what you want.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

going to save money to buy it
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Telltale's Walking Dead game is already exactly what a Walking Dead videogame needed to be.  What made the TV series great was those brutal "hard decision" moments where characters are faced with incredibly difficult decisions.  I've heard the comic was even more about this theme (and I actually stopped watching the series because it became too infrequent between those interesting character-defining moments.)  The Telltale singleplayer game presented these moments expertly, and honestly is the first Adventure game I have ever truly enjoyed.

An MMORPG would completely miss out on those moments which make Walking Dead unique.

Would a generic zombie-killing MMORPG be fun?  Possibly, depends on the implementation.  Would a zombie-killing Walking Dead game be fun?  Well...possibly, but it wouldn't really be Walking Dead. Why bother with the name if you're not going to focus on what makes an IP unique?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    You can make an mmo out of anything if you dont try to be original.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I would love a game based off TWD however only if they made it hard core. Permanent death very limited loot, characters would also have to find loot In areas. Complete with food and water or lack there of.

If your character dies he dies. However you rise up as a zombie and play in PVP Zombie mode untill another player kills you. 

Also you only get one character slot. And when you build a character you chose sex only.  Everything skills, attributes, appearance, and background are completely randomized.

when you die you have to start over. Completely.

a survival  apocalypse MMO. Kinda like fallout was. Players could form packs. PvP not allowed within the pack. Everywhere else it's open PVP. 

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Axehilt

Telltale's Walking Dead game is already exactly what a Walking Dead videogame needed to be.  What made the TV series great was those brutal "hard decision" moments where characters are faced with incredibly difficult decisions.  I've heard the comic was even more about this theme (and I actually stopped watching the series because it became too infrequent between those interesting character-defining moments.)  The Telltale singleplayer game presented these moments expertly, and honestly is the first Adventure game I have ever truly enjoyed.

An MMORPG would completely miss out on those moments which make Walking Dead unique.

Would a generic zombie-killing MMORPG be fun?  Possibly, depends on the implementation.  Would a zombie-killing Walking Dead game be fun?  Well...possibly, but it wouldn't really be Walking Dead. Why bother with the name if you're not going to focus on what makes an IP unique?

Got to agree, the Telltale game is superb.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

will it work only for movie fans?

beside, IMO, like every game now has zombie etc...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2