Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you're thinking about giving WoW another try.......Don't

13»

Comments

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194

-Questing was always boring in WoW but they went full retard in this expansion, making you wonder if the guy that makes quests also makes minimum wage. Virtually every quest hub in every area is: kill 10 mobs, help 10 people, pick up 10 items. I kid you not.

Lie. Cataclism already bring to WoW lots of fresh ideas for quests but Pandaria is the expansion with the most various ones.  Of course you got lots of kills/help/pickup, but there are also tons of vehicule quests, quests where you have to hide&spy, or farm, or see a story through the eyes of someone else, or surf a shark, or race with a dragon, or bomb bugs à la Starship Trooper, or bring a elephant seal on a walk under the sea, or meditate with a monk in the forest etc etc.

Blizzard was intelligent enought to spread these unusual quests all over pandaria, plus lots of voice over and small cinematics to tell you more about the lore without boring you, so the questing flow is very smooth and interesting up to 90.

-Lack of design effort, every new area looks exactly the same or old zones with different hills.

What previous zones are similar to Valley of Eternal Blossom or Krasarang Wild or Valley of the Four Winds ?

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math.

And i bet you didn't even try the challenge modes ^^

Bronze is hard but doable with a good team. Silver requiere some more work. Gold... well good luck to get gold.

-For the first time ever the game forces you to do daily quests forever because you need these reroll coin rewards to get more loot. Even pvp'ers have to do this to reroll on the pvp boss.....

And ? Nothing force you to do that. It's an extra option for people with lots of time. 

-Even though the game doesn't look better it has higher system requirements, you can no longer play this on a toaster smoothly. Now the trade off would easily be worth it if there was a significant visual boost but i have yet to see it.

If you don't see the gfx difference between Jade Forest and Elwyn Forest, or between a pandaren and a human, you should see a doctor...

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Volenibblets

Good Lordy. Surely a few MoP preview gameplay vids on you tube should have told you all this Mr OP?

It's a great many years since wow has been worh a pish to anyone but the loyal Asian market as they do appear to be a hellofalot easier to please than us nitpicky westerners. Give em some cute upright animal avatars and a pokamon based collector theme and they'll sub till the cows come home.  

This is true, I knew better but i let friends talk me into it anyways. Part of the reason for this post, don't get fooled like I did.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

-Lack of design effort, every new area looks exactly the same or old zones with different hills.

I have to agree with that.  I played the 10 day trial and my brother flew me around to show me Pandaria.  I was amazed at how many times I was saying "That looks identical to storm peaks. That looks like an Icecrown area. That looks like...."   

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    They sent me a free 10 day trial for MoP. I have no interest in using it. Though admittedly I do check up on WoW every few months to see what the next patch will be. Which is usually just more of the same. Probably delusional of me, but I hope one day they shift their focus from crappy instanced PvP gear grinds to a more RvR open world type system. Maybe in a future X-pack.
  • Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409

I had a lot of fun with MoP.  I think the new areas look great, I liked the theme of the expansion, and the quests were enjoyable.  If you like dailies or can at least tolerate them, the ones in this expansion range from simple and straightforward kill x mobs to unique quests, and they rotate often so you aren't doing the exact same content day after day.  So as far as daily quest experience its pretty good and I often found myself enjoying them, compared to dailies in swtor for example which I find so boring I can't stand them after 2 or 3 days.

I found the 5 man dungeons to be an improvement over cata's.  I usually don't play wow in a guild because I tend to come and go from the game a lot.  I get a lot of use from the lfg dungeons and raids and enjoyed both in MoP.  I didn't roll a panda character, didn't get into the farming or pet battles, and I never liked wow's version of pvp so I can't comment on any of that.  My opinion of MoP overall is that if you enjoyed wotlk and don't mindlessly hate pandas then you'd probably have a good time with MoP.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I have to agree with that.  I played the 10 day trial and my brother flew me around to show me Pandaria.  I was amazed at how many times I was saying "That looks identical to storm peaks. That looks like an Icecrown area. That looks like...."   

Nope.

Unless you're actually blind, in which case everything must look the same to you, and I'm so sorry. It must be terribly difficult for someone with your condition. I've got my fingers crossed that Science comes up with a solution for you, though, so hang in there buddy!

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by aSynchro

-Questing was always boring in WoW but they went full retard in this expansion, making you wonder if the guy that makes quests also makes minimum wage. Virtually every quest hub in every area is: kill 10 mobs, help 10 people, pick up 10 items. I kid you not.

Lie. Cataclism already bring to WoW lots of fresh ideas for quests but Pandaria is the expansion with the most various ones.  Of course you got lots of kills/help/pickup, but there are also tons of vehicule quests, quests where you have to hide&spy, or farm, or see a story through the eyes of someone else, or surf a shark, or race with a dragon, or bomb bugs à la Starship Trooper, or bring a elephant seal on a walk under the sea, or meditate with a monk in the forest etc etc.

Blizzard was intelligent enought to spread these unusual quests all over pandaria, plus lots of voice over and small cinematics to tell you more about the lore without boring you, so the questing flow is very smooth and interesting up to 90.

What previous zones are similar to Valley of Eternal Blossom or Krasarang Wild or Valley of the Four Winds ?

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math.

And i bet you didn't even try the challenge modes ^^

Bronze is hard but doable with a good team. Silver requiere some more work. Gold... well good luck to get gold.

-For the first time ever the game forces you to do daily quests forever because you need these reroll coin rewards to get more loot. Even pvp'ers have to do this to reroll on the pvp boss.....

And ? Nothing force you to do that. It's an extra option for people with lots of time. 

-Even though the game doesn't look better it has higher system requirements, you can no longer play this on a toaster smoothly. Now the trade off would easily be worth it if there was a significant visual boost but i have yet to see it.

If you don't see the gfx difference between Jade Forest and Elwyn Forest, or between a pandaren and a human, you should see a doctor...

*So every 20 quests of kill x, loot x, help x they throw in one different quest... and thats variety? Every company would love to have a fan so easy to please as you. All my friends in vent said the same thing as we leveled, "this is the most repetitve and boring leveling this game has ever been" and I'd have to agree.

*I'm not sure about your area choices to prove the game is unique, as Krasarang/Eternal Blossom/Four winds are some of the blandest areas in the expansion. Four Winds just looked like old Arathi Highlands and Nagrand's lovechild. Krasarang? You serious? It's just a dark green beach, are you even trying?

*Nice comparing non rehashed vanilla WoW to expansion 8 years later. Unfortunatly for you most people are comparing it to WoTLK and Cata in which case the "new Mop graphics" don't have a single leg to stand on, especially considering it somehow increased the system req's.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Nadia

im not saying you are wrong in your descriptions and your disappointments

but I think its shortsighted to think that everyone will have the same disappointments

I'm not blindly expecting to be agreed with I presented a case for why I believe MoP is awful. If you want to fanboy the game at least be honest about it instead of trying to do it "incognito" like you are now.

Please stop using the word 'fanboy' -- you are just perpetrating stupidity.   Second, you didn't present a case you presented your (slim) view of what you didnt like.  Thats not a case.

The bottom line is some people thoroughly enjoy the game, others do not, and there are some in between.

We get it.  You don't like, but saying others shouldnt try it is ignorant.

Think about it.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    I found WoW to be boring.  A few million people disagree with me.  Make up your own mind.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I wasn't.

This all feels strangely familiar...hmmm...

Oh, right, volley for service. Moves from title to title, but the thread always remains the same.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302
This discussion has been closed.