Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you're thinking about giving WoW another try.......Don't

Comments

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

OP is trolling.... don't bite.

OP is a troll because he disagrees with me, typical fanboy argument. State why or it's not me that's trolling..........

What do you call it when someone complains that the heroics are too easy, but does not mention that there are harder versions of each in existance too?

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by doodphace

lol to be fair, show me how to animate a punching and kicking humaoid panda, and NOT have it look similar to Kung Fu Panda :/

That is true and they should have been smart enough to not even attempt making an expansion that so closely mirrors a popular movie. The only reason it still managed to pay off is because every new MMO is continually flopping.

Lotr is a popular movie...god knows how many other MMOs have races that look and animate similar (including many of WoW's other races)...You should prob stop clinging to this point ;)

Many games take bits and pieces from LOTR and D&D this is true. They don't carbon copy every single detail of the movie as MoP did. The sad part is even LOTR online isn't as close to LOTR as MoP is to Kung Fu panda......lol

OP is a troll because he disagrees with me, typical fanboy argument. State why or it's not me that's trolling..........

What do you call it when someone complains that the heroics are too easy, but does not mention that there are harder versions of each in existance too?

None of them are hard so your point is moot.

lol to be fair, show me how to animate a punching and kicking humaoid panda, and NOT have it look similar to Kung Fu Panda :/

That is true and they should have been smart enough to not even attempt making an expansion that so closely mirrors a popular movie. The only reason it still managed to pay off is because every new MMO is continually flopping.

Lotr is a popular movie...god knows how many other MMOs have races that look and animate similar (including many of WoW's other races)...You should prob stop clinging to this point ;)

Many games take bits and pieces from LOTR and D&D this is true. They don't carbon copy every single detail of the movie as MoP did. The sad part is even LOTR online isn't as close to LOTR as MoP is to Kung Fu panda......lol

You can say the exact same thing about the dwarfs in WoW and in the lotr movie...yet you are not..go figure ;)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

You know OP I've not watched kungfu panda but it sounds like you're an expert on the movie, bet you got all the DVDs, BLURAYS and action figures, did you get those for chrismas or when you went to big school?

None of them are hard so your point is moot.

Ya, gonna chalk that up to you not even hearing about them until now.

Im curious, which MMO are you playing (or have played) that has harder 5man gundons than WoW Challenge Mode (gold rating especially)? Id LOVE to try it, seriously.

Originally posted by expresso

You know OP I've not watched kungfu panda but it sounds like you're an expert on the movie, bet you got all the DVDs, BLURAYS and action figures, did you get those for chrismas or when you went to big school?

Thank you for coming clean and making it apparent who is indeed the troll and who isn't. Best of Luck.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by expresso

Thank you for coming clean and making it apparent who is indeed the troll and who isn't. Best of Luck.

No problem... i'll be here all week.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I wasn't.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Sad but true.  I've rarely been a "hardcore" player, but I've pretty much played a year or so of each expansion plus vanilla, and it always seemed like it was getting better, more polished, and more refined each time.  Cataclysm was a disappoinment, but I think it had more to do with losing the nestalgia of the original Azeroth than the game changes.

MoP just feels like a different game entirely, and not in a good way.  The over-simplification of nearly everything in the game is the real problem.  Talents are gone and, since you never have to head back to your trainer to get new skills, you can easily go 4 or 5 levels without feeling any sense of accomplishment.  Pretty much every instance, old and new, is now incredibly streamlines, so that it's basically a matter of clearing one or two smallish rooms of trash, then a boss, rinse and repeat twice.  Raids are just weekly free-loot rides, especially since they're all now tuned to have simple enough mechanics that 40 random people can handle with no real communication.

The humor of the game has gone really overboard as well.  Blizzard used to have a witty sense of humor in it's games, with most things being wink-wink-nudge-nudge kinds of easter eggs or the occasional laugh out loud quest text.  Starting with Cataclysm, the humor just became a paradoy of itself (dedicating half a zone to being a Rambo parody?).  The torch was passed on to Myst, and boy does it run with it.  First instance I get into and I'm fighting a giant easter bunny that summons hordes of baby bunnies, complete with comically large carrots and everything...

Anyway, I don't know for sure if the game has truly changed as much as I think, or if I've just outgrown it (started playing at 21, now 31).  Probably a little bit of both. 

You make me like charity

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Wasn't planning on it, so I'm good.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Nadia

im not saying you are wrong in your descriptions and your disappointments

but I think its shortsighted to think that everyone will have the same disappointments

I'm not blindly expecting to be agreed with I presented a case for why I believe MoP is awful. If you want to fanboy the game at least be honest about it instead of trying to do it "incognito" like you are now.

I'm not being incognito

ive stated many times on this site my disappointments w Cata

I have not bought MOP yet because I expecting it to be more of the same, phasing and boring kill 10 quests

but until i personally try MOP -- I'm not going to harp on it

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    Originally posted by Skymourne

I'll agree with most of what you said, aside from one thing.  Blizzard didn't rip off kung fu panda.  Pandaren have been in Warcraft's lore since Warcraft 3.  If anything, Kung fu panda ripped of Blizzard.  That is a straight fact. Otherwise, i agree with your assesment of the expansion.

Which is funny cuz the race started off as an april fools joke and is still a joke..... Lorewise they were just brewmasters with a sword. Now they copied virtually every detail from the movie. I guess you could argue the race is a copy of a copy. Label it however you like as it doesn't reduce the cheese of it all.

Blizzard's longtime art director Samwise Didier originally created the pandaren race in his own art. It all started with a picture done for Christmas after the birth of his daughter. Since that first piece of concept art, the Pandaren have always been a fan favorite race (combining a heady mix of panda humanoids, Eastern-style religions and mythology, and even beer brewing monks) of Didier

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this as it pretty much mirrors what I said in the quote. This is only half the puzzle, blizzard copied every single detail of the Kung Fu Panda movie, from cooking skill to unarmed combat to animations, art, sprites, everything, talking tiger/crane/monkeys, everything. Like I said, you can argue that it's a copy of a copy but still sad either way.

Wow, you have gone from angry post with some clue, to angry troll impersonator, to angry troll antifanboi in 3 posts. What the poster who put up the 'source' of the Panda was some almost 10 years before Kung Fu panda was released. Most of the lore was at least briefly written up during Warcraft 3. As for "OMG they copied all of the cartoon!" what type of 'background' are you going to give an oriental based animal? Oh oh I know let's give him a plaid tartan and make him talk with a scottish accent! (rolls eyes)  wait wait.....

Ok ok you got me Jimmy, I fed the troll....

So basically people, please dont listen to the narrow minded Troll, try things yourself. Is Blizzard perfect and flawless? Hell no. Have they 'borrowed' ideas (and most likely paid money a la Wow'e'mon?) Most likely but as someone posted before, the pet battles IS actually fun. So basically keep an open mind, read reviews if you must, but try to make your OWN judgements on games....don't listen to an angry troll.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Sad but true.  I've rarely been a "hardcore" player, but I've pretty much played a year or so of each expansion plus vanilla, and it always seemed like it was getting better, more polished, and more refined each time.  Cataclysm was a disappoinment, but I think it had more to do with losing the nestalgia of the original Azeroth than the game changes.

MoP just feels like a different game entirely, and not in a good way.  The over-simplification of nearly everything in the game is the real problem.  Talents are gone and, since you never have to head back to your trainer to get new skills, you can easily go 4 or 5 levels without feeling any sense of accomplishment.  Pretty much every instance, old and new, is now incredibly streamlines, so that it's basically a matter of clearing one or two smallish rooms of trash, then a boss, rinse and repeat twice.  Raids are just weekly free-loot rides, especially since they're all now tuned to have simple enough mechanics that 40 random people can handle with no real communication.

The humor of the game has gone really overboard as well.  Blizzard used to have a witty sense of humor in it's games, with most things being wink-wink-nudge-nudge kinds of easter eggs or the occasional laugh out loud quest text.  Starting with Cataclysm, the humor just became a paradoy of itself (dedicating half a zone to being a Rambo parody?).  The torch was passed on to Myst, and boy does it run with it.  First instance I get into and I'm fighting a giant easter bunny that summons hordes of baby bunnies, complete with comically large carrots and everything...

Anyway, I don't know for sure if the game has truly changed as much as I think, or if I've just outgrown it (started playing at 21, now 31).  Probably a little bit of both. 

Gonna take a guess you don't or have never played MoP. Let's break it down.

Thing's have been simplified yes, but things that were overly-complicated or useless. The talent system was a sham. In the end, 99% players chose the same specs, so whats the point of a talent system when everyone has the same specs? The only ones that deviated majorly are the "i wanna be special" type people who don't care about being efficient or good at the game. Anyone who complains about the change to the talent system is either a troll or an idiot.

Also your comment about raids being weekly free-loot rides and being simple enough that 40 random people can handle it with no real communication. 1. You're talking about LFR. LFR is supposed to be easy and a free loot-ride. Try roflstomping normal or hardmodes with no communication. It doesn't work that way. 2. 40 people. 3. 40 people. 4. 40 people....I'll let you figure that one out.

Have you once figured, maybe Blizzard's humour didn't change, yours did? You claim you started playing at 21 and you're now 31, people change in a decade easily.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by asmkm22

Yep, maybe some of the fanatic fanboys in this thread are to blame for how downhill the game has gone? It paints an unrealistic picture of how amazing the game is and the devs go on thinking they've done everything right despite MoP being the lowest reviewed expansion to date. Sometimes the screaming fans are even louder then the official reviews. This thread is living proof.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by koljane
    I could point lot of things I don`t like in other games but that would be my personal experience and point of view.

Isn't that the whole point of posting things in a forum, to express your view.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I could point lot of things I don`t like in other games but that would be my personal experience and point of view.

the point of posting things in a forum is about conversation. having an actual conversation where you want to hear the other side and have a debate about shit. it's not about listing every negative thing you found(or heard) in a game and expect that to be the end of the story.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

im not saying you are wrong in your descriptions and your disappointments

but I think its shortsighted to think that everyone will have the same disappointments

I'm not blindly expecting to be agreed with I presented a case for why I believe MoP is awful. If you want to fanboy the game at least be honest about it instead of trying to do it "incognito" like you are now.

I'm not being incognito

ive stated many times on this site my disappointments w Cata

I have not bought MOP yet because I expecting it to be more of the same, phasing and boring kill 10 quests

but until i personally try MOP -- I'm not going to harp on it

So just to be clear. You, who has never played MoP, are telling me, who actually gave MoP an honest try, not to judge the game?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    But we can play Farmville and Pokemon on the side. And... cheesy pandas. I actualy don't mind the theme or the race once I got used to it it's jus the combat super easy pve and either your 1 shotting everyone in pvp or getting one shot yourself. Rading is fine though.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

So I've been throughly disappointed with how crappy every MMO in the past decade has been so my friends managed to talk me into playing WoW yet again. MoP is easily the worst WoW expansion to date and frankly I'm shocked this hasn't killed the game off. Some personal reasons include:

-Questing was always boring in WoW but they went full retard in this expansion, making you wonder if the guy that makes quests also makes minimum wage. Virtually every quest hub in every area is: kill 10 mobs, help 10 people, pick up 10 items. I kid you not.

-Lack of design effort, every new area looks exactly the same or old zones with different hills.

-The new panda race is vomit inducingly cheesy. Asian themed pandas, they have cooking skill, they're martial artists, they're chubby. In case you somehow didn't make the connection it is a direct rip off of kung fu panda the movie. They're just missing jack blacks voice. Tragic

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math.

-I've played WoW for years during every expansion and I've never seen pvp as inbalanced as it is right now. Every class has a hundred cc's, they release patches every 6 months which leaves 3-4 classes to dominate for those months, pvp in general is much less fun because of this. Now keep in mind I'm aware pvp has always been a gimmick in this game but now it's full retard.

-They added farmville just in case you wanted to retain some pride in the game you play, not a chance.

-For the first time ever the game forces you to do daily quests forever because you need these reroll coin rewards to get more loot. Even pvp'ers have to do this to reroll on the pvp boss.....

-Even though the game doesn't look better it has higher system requirements, you can no longer play this on a toaster smoothly. Now the trade off would easily be worth it if there was a significant visual boost but i have yet to see it.

These are just off the top of my head but you get the picture. Don't give blizzard another cent like I did. With Diablo 3 into MoP they are losing they're ability to make a decent game. Square-Enix style

Man I didnt play MoP.. well I quit wow year and half ago BUT I totally believe you about everything here. I always saw wow going this direction.

Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by RefMinor

the point of posting things in a forum is about conversation. having an actual conversation where you want to hear the other side and have a debate about shit. it's not about listing every negative thing you found(or heard) in a game and expect that to be the end of the story.

I gave reasons for my opinions, which is more then i can say for your disagreement.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    agree

its best to experience a mmo firsthand and not judge it on someone else experiences

You people are seriously on the wrong website then haha.

Why have reviews at all guys? That's just one persons opinion. It's much better to throw money and ask questions later because that's very intelligent to do in real life. Most people told me 2005 Kia SUV's break down often but that's not first hand experience, take my money Kia, take it now!

one man´s garbage is another´s treasure. Sharing your opinion with others about why the game doesnt cut it for you is very different than demanding others to not play it because just you dont like it. WoW is still the most polished and finished mmo to date. Like it or not, it still has flaws (including the daily grinds), but its still the most populated sub based mmo for 8 years in a row. I dont like subs, and i dont go everywhere telling everyone not to pay subs because i dont like it.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Sorry, you lost me at World of Warcraft...........................

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

Good Lordy. Surely a few MoP preview gameplay vids on you tube should have told you all this Mr OP?

It's a great many years since wow has been worh a pish to anyone but the loyal Asian market as they do appear to be a hellofalot easier to please than us nitpicky westerners. Give em some cute upright animal avatars and a pokamon based collector theme and they'll sub till the cows come home.  

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math.

Only thing worth commenting on....if you recall, they tried implementing slam your head on the desk hard Heroic 5 man dungons in Cata....the community flipped out....thus, the heroics are toned down, yet they added harder "Challenge Mode" versions of each.... At least know what you are talking about before raging.

Another pure example on why they have been so succefull for so long, they listen to their community and add content for everybody (casuals and hardcores alike)

SADLY most of the NA/EU are ''gimme everything for free'' players (fuuuu*k them). All the arguments, I have 10 kids, 20. 30 wifes and 50 dogs excuses are retarded ...I cant do raids 20x times a day to have competetive gear, I hate grind, I dont want to learn the encounter, I want it easy, bla bla .. BUT I DESERVES EVERYTHING like those who does have time and dedication because I am paying customer. Nice community we became, really ...

Whats the difference in hardcore and casual content in WoW in the past few years? I kinda remeber everyone having same gear in some point. OH .. forgot, maybe different colour

And even if there is any really HARD content atm, wait few weeks or months .. they dump it down again. All what wow is about now is giving hard content, dumping it down after 2-3 months so everyone can do them :) Normal ..

So ... yea, thats why I dont want to play anymore of these casual friendly mmorpgs.

This discussion has been closed.