Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how is SWTOR now?

I haven't played since a couple months after launch, got a jedi guardian to max lvl and just got burned out. I was watching One guy, One cup the other day and I couldn't help but think of SWTOR...so how is it now?

Comments

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

Since the change to "f2p" you could easily check it out (again).

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

Originally posted by mistmaker

Originally posted by h0urg1ass

0/10

You need to go play EVE for a while and train trolling to five.  This wasn't even a good attempt!

In order to troll properly, the poster base must not realize that they've been trolled initially.  For instance:

Title:  Wanting to Return to SWTOR

Body:  Hey, I played SWTOR for a couple months and then quit.  Have they fixed the bugs, end game content issues and Ilum PVP yet?

Then you wait for the incoming firestorm of SWTOR hate and then the fan bois will jump in defend the game and usually it's about 2-3 pages in before someone goes "Heyyyyyy, waitaminute, we been trolled!"

big words. sounds like conspiracy theory. did he write something about what you mentioned? (fixed bugs, ilum pvp....)

when he is a troll, you must be the giant troll

Originally posted by iamthekiller
     I was watching One guy, One cup the other day and I couldn't help but think of SWTOR...

Mistmaker, h0urg1ass is right. The OP gave himself away with the line above. He's saying SWTOR is the equivalent of having shattered glass in your asshole. This is just a flamebait thread.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

My favorite thread for someone asking how SWTOR is now belongs to Thebigthrill..

Thinking about buying this game have some questions.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/347994/Thinking-about-buying-this-game-have-some-questions.html

Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Well im a huge star wars fan and Im thinking about buying this fing game but I have a few questions.

These are the things I would like in SWTOR and was wondering if they are in the game.

1.Epic pvp battles in the open world.

2.Do they have pvp space combat?

3.What different species can we be ? Jawas? Rhodians? Wookies?

4.Do they have paazak in the cantinas?

5.Are the cities full of people? and alive?

6.Can we customize our ships with trophies or furniture?

7.Do they have animal mounts?

8.How are the day/night cycles in the game? Is the night cycle really dark like EQ or lighter like wow?

Thank you for the replies in advance.

Exquisitely crafted and executed.

Leading to beautiful serious responses:

Originally posted by Elikal

1. No. The open PVP planet, Ilum, was bad designed and is currently more or less no longer played.

2. No, they have no open space at all, only a tunnel/rail shooter.

3. Only humans and humans with facepaint. Oh Twileks are the most "alien" ones. No "real" aliens are playable. Ever.

4. Nope. No minigames whatsoever, nothing in cantonas to do.

5. Nope.

6. Nope.

7. Nope.

8. And nope.

OP:  Wait till patch 3.0, space flight is going in.  Exhaustion zones exist because nobody wants freeroam - In my crystal ball I saw Jeff Hickman saying that, and his word is gold.  Pazaak in 4.0... or 5.0, difficult the future is to see.  Swoop racing too in the next 4 years.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Quailman

0/10

You need to go play EVE for a while and train trolling to five.  This wasn't even a good attempt!

In order to troll properly, the poster base must not realize that they've been trolled initially.  For instance:

Body:  Hey, I played SWTOR for a couple months and then quit.  Have they fixed the bugs, end game content issues and Ilum PVP yet?

Then you wait for the incoming firestorm of SWTOR hate and then the fan bois will jump in defend the game and usually it's about 2-3 pages in before someone goes "Heyyyyyy, waitaminute, we been trolled!"

big words. sounds like conspiracy theory. did he write something about what you mentioned? (fixed bugs, ilum pvp....)

I was watching One guy, One cup the other day and I couldn't help but think of SWTOR...

Mistmaker, h0urg1ass is right. The OP gave himself away with the line above. He's saying SWTOR is the equivalent of having shattered glass in your asshole. This is just a flamebait thread.

did he delete that? or other thread?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    If you didn't like it before it's doubtful you'll like it any better now. It is what it is. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    I haven't played since a couple months after launch, got a jedi guardian to max lvl and just got burned out. I was watching One guy, One cup the other day and I couldn't help but think of SWTOR...so how is it now?

I quit around the same time as you. I returned and subscribed when it went F2P. I just now canceled my subscription this month. Nothing has really changed since then. 

We have a group finder, so that's a huge plus, but any problems you had before will still be there no doubt. I thought I'd never play it again, but when I came back I had a lot of fun playing through my class stories. But alas, I got burnt out again. Doing the same planets and same quests on every character gets extremely old.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

It's still the same, crappy.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Karteli

My favorite thread for someone asking how SWTOR is now belongs to Thebigthrill..

Thinking about buying this game have some questions.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/347994/Thinking-about-buying-this-game-have-some-questions.html

Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Well im a huge star wars fan and Im thinking about buying this fing game but I have a few questions.

These are the things I would like in SWTOR and was wondering if they are in the game.

1.Epic pvp battles in the open world.

2.Do they have pvp space combat?

3.What different species can we be ? Jawas? Rhodians? Wookies?

4.Do they have paazak in the cantinas?

5.Are the cities full of people? and alive?

6.Can we customize our ships with trophies or furniture?

7.Do they have animal mounts?

8.How are the day/night cycles in the game? Is the night cycle really dark like EQ or lighter like wow?

Thank you for the replies in advance.

Exquisitely crafted and executed.

Leading to beautiful serious responses:

Originally posted by Elikal

1. No. The open PVP planet, Ilum, was bad designed and is currently more or less no longer played.

2. No, they have no open space at all, only a tunnel/rail shooter.

3. Only humans and humans with facepaint. Oh Twileks are the most "alien" ones. No "real" aliens are playable. Ever.

4. Nope. No minigames whatsoever, nothing in cantonas to do.

5. Nope.

6. Nope.

7. Nope.

8. And nope.

OP:  Wait till patch 3.0, space flight is going in.  Exhaustion zones exist because nobody wants freeroam - In my crystal ball I saw Jeff Hickman saying that, and his word is gold.  Pazaak in 4.0... or 5.0, difficult the future is to see.  Swoop racing too in the next 4 years.

It's funny because that first list (while good) is a fraction of what has been deemed needed for this game. They have delivered on NONE of it. I don't think they honestly can either. The smallest bit of UI or economic tweaking seems to cause problems that further overwhelm their capabilities, resulting in bugs that last months. The communication between bioware and customers is also superb.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Quailman

0/10

did he delete that? or other thread?

No, he didn't delete anything, that line is still in the OP. He said One Guy, One Cup reminded him of SWTOR, and if you know what that is, you know that this thread was just started to rile people up. If you don't know what One Guy, One Cup is, you're better off. I wouldn't recommend Googling it. You've been warned.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    It seems the One Cup One Guy video was taken down .. I can't imagine why.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    Swtor was a Great experience. Its reminded me of my First Time watching tubgirl . I Hope there will be another Swtor One Day!
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

It's special... and... it exists... yeah.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    OMG ! OMG ! I googled it .You're right wish I had not at least I did not watch it though just saw a picture.
    Chamber of Chains
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Sooo looks like the flamebait is working eh? good job OP
This discussion has been closed.