Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion: GW2 biggest problem is

Comments

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

if you have 7 80's in less than a month you need to find somthing outside of playing all the time. it's fine to game just dont let it become the center of your universe man.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

think the DE system would be a horrible mess with owpvp.. also with the lore and how the story is setup it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense overall.

My biggest issue with the game right now is lack of a build saver. As i don't want to use the same build for PVE, WvW, dungeons, and sPVP... game desperatly needs some sort of build saver so I can swap between builds without having to go to LA respec then get all my other gear out the bank and swap into that set...

second issue I have is game needs to morph the utility skill system with the weapon skill system.. Adding in new weapon skills that would let you swap them in and out just like how the utility skills work.. those two imho would be HUGE helps for me in the game.. 

last note I hate owpvp in themepark MMOs it's pointless imho

Agree 100% with this assessment.

I have 3 other issues with the game inlcuding the ones you mentioned.: loot, skill points and dungeon finder.

1. Theres not enough loot variety and the DR system (Diminishing Returns) is aggravating, pointless and not needed any more.

2. It takes what 2 months to farm up 50 skill points on a casual basis but you can only spend those skill points on items with little no value (2-10 gold) via crafting in the forge.  Theres need to be other less costly, more rewarding ways to spend those skill points either through an alternate advancement system or through the mystic forge with luck. (put in a Blue and buy a token for 1 skill point to get a chance to proc an exotic)

3. This game and any game that offers instanced PvE (or PvP for that matter) needs to inlcude some sort of dungeon finder.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Pangdun open world pvp is allowed, it's called wvwvw, or do you want to gank people questing/ gathering in the pve zones?

Thats exactly what he and his ilk want out of gaming.  If their isn't griefing involved it isn't a true game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I think that if a person suggests that OWPvP should exist in GW2,  it simply shows how little they know about how the game works. 

I also think that if a person knows very little about how the game works, they should learn more about the game before offering suggestions on how they should improve it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Whatever happened to just PvP'ing for fun? Seriously, when I started WoW at release I rolled on a PvP server. I smack talked on the server's forums (in a non-hostile manner). I got nothing from PvP other than the satisfaction that I was able to beat someone.

I didn't do it for some effect on the world. I didn't do it for any sort of rewards be they gear, points, etc. I did it because it was FUN. Why don't people just do it for fun anymore? Why does there have to be some sort of tangible reward beyond one's own satisfaction? Beating someone, especially as a class which was considered underpowered (warlock at WoW's release) was its own reward.

Sad thing is, world PvP in WoW was at its peak when there was no official reward whatsoever for participating in it. I'm sick and tired of people who think there should be some 'great reward' for doing PvP. If you don't like it, then don't fucking do it. Don't force yourself to participate in an activity which you don't enjoy, but then cry that you should get some kind of reward for making yourself miserable.

Bottom line is that if you enjoy PvP, then bragging rights should be enough of a reward.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by pongdun
    Guys please tell me if you agree with me (or not). When they decided doing GW2 they gone on a path like Lineage 2, where there's not 2 factions (like wow - horde and alliance) that you can belong, you are by your own and you can gather with other players do some questing, etc, just like Tera. But the biggest problem is that GW2 has no world pvp, you can't attack a passing by player for example. If you want do to some pvp you have to do Battlegrounds or WvW... this is stupid, they should create some pvp servers where you can have a real pvp, in the world... not only on controlled instances!!!!!!!!

Not long ago i went back to L2 and guess what: they now have buff so noone above and below 5 levels can attack you.

While L2 was great game, GW2 took a page from EvE: area for carebears and area for PvPers/RvR, though in GW2 area for carebears is much larger opposed to EvE.

WvWvW is open world PvP, if you dont want to go to PvE dont leave WvWvW, you can live there from 1-80, i havent yet heard good argument why griefing is good (and in the end what you want amounts to that, most funny phrase is "community will police itself" lol yeah it will )

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Guys please tell me if you agree with me (or not). When they decided doing GW2 they gone on a path like Lineage 2, where there's not 2 factions (like wow - horde and alliance) that you can belong, you are by your own and you can gather with other players do some questing, etc, just like Tera. But the biggest problem is that GW2 has no world pvp, you can't attack a passing by player for example. If you want do to some pvp you have to do Battlegrounds or WvW... this is stupid, they should create some pvp servers where you can have a real pvp, in the world... not only on controlled instances!!!!!!!!

As you stated, GW2 dont have factions, then open world pvp its not an option, said that if you think they need to add 2 factions "and let me add that such thing will never happen" only to have open world pvp then i must strongly dissagree, WvWvW its good enough for that, and No its not stupid. Fighting in the Mysts its cool and logic, and you should know by now that GW2 its PvE oriented, To end the quote i will say there is absolutely nothing to flame about that, what you need apparently its in other game and thats all.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Pangdun open world pvp is allowed, it's called wvwvw, or do you want to gank people questing/ gathering in the pve zones?

Thats exactly what he and his ilk want out of gaming.  If their isn't griefing involved it isn't a true game.

And for once i was tryng to avoid that idea.. totally useless i guess.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

For me this is not a problem. I don't like PvP (especially open world PvP) in mmorrpgs. I have League of Legends for that.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I disagree Pong, I see that as a strength to GW2. Segregating the PvP and PvE allowed them to get rid of competitive PvE and makes the Dynamic Event system possible. The PvE world is based purely on players always being on the same side. Now, you can, if you wish, find the "attack a player" stuff in WvW with the three servers all going against each other. If you're really advanturesome you can get your PvE fix there as well, but the events are limited to killing an occasional veteran mob (the Non-PvP events I mean). You can gather, craft, kill, be killed, etc. all in WvW if you wish... you just won't have the DE system in its full glory.

Having the PvE zones as non-competitive and PvP free is one of the PvE's greatest strengths.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Exactly, pvp on a controlled instance (WvW or battlegrounds) are like rats inside a cage fighthing.. it's not cool as world pvp. I respect your opinion, but there should have some servers where world pvp is allowed. Like I said you can play on a PVE server if you just like BG PVPs!

Common WvW misconception here: WvW is not instanced. It's zoned. You're in persistant zones, and things like capturing keeps do indeed matter.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

In level based games, open world pvp becomes more akin to shooting fish in barrel, and is the farthest thing from "real pvp" in my opinion. . Would GW2 downscaling help? Maybe a lil, but i have found i'm still pretty powerful even through that.

You want "real PvP" in the open world? I'm all for it, in a skill-based game like Ultima Online (as one example), where we were all on generally equal footing, and could fight back with some decency.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

You can pretty much level from 1-80 in WvW alone if you wanted too.  Taking keeps and camps is great exp and karma.  Not to mention there are plenty of npc mobs to kill.  Also, like others have stated, WvW is not an instance but a persistent zone where objectives and team work matter.  Sure it is reset, but that's only once a week. 

In a nutshell, and to answer the OP's question is "no".  I'm yet a another person who doesn't agree.  Surprise! 

I'm a pvp'er in MMOs and use that as my endgame like many others instead of raiding.  If GW2 didn't have WvW then yeh, I would agree with the OP and say that the lack of open pvp is a problem.  As it is now, I look at other game's that have "open" pvp and see that most havn't fixed the problem that encourages ganking.  When a game allows a high player mop the floor with a low player that can't possibly fight back, then THAT game has a problem.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84

I LOVE Open-World PvP. LOVE it...

That being said, GW2 more than meets my needs by providing both sPvP and WvW.

I do wish there was more of a reward system of WvW though. Don't get me wrong, I have a blast playing it and that's the REASON I play it... but at the end of the day, there is little incentive outside of the score (which is by and large meaningless) to join the war.

The game is young though and WvW is an entire game within a game, so I have little doubt the system will improve with time.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Guild Vs Guild would be nice.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

They will add GvG later (also as i recall name Guild Wars comes form lore, not from GvG part of the game ;) )

Open World PvP in regular areas doesn't fit to the ArenaNet philosophy. They built this game around cooperation, You can't steal nodes, mob kills, You share epxerience and loot with other players. How can You imagine them changing Their philosophy by 180 degrees and completly destroy current game? They would have to make this game again from the scratch, cuz current content wouldn't fit to the new concept. 

You have tons of other open world pvp games out there, let GW2 be as it is, cuz it works ok. How many years i was pissed off when someone stole my mobs or nodes. I have nothing against world pvp, but in GW2 it basicly, wouldn't work as in other sandbox or open world mmo games ;), different philosophy and approach.

The biggest problems of this game are unused potential of non-trinity, boss mechanics are bland and "without soul", the lack of skills, compared to the Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2 looks poor when it comes to the amount of skills ;). Also i'd like to see much deeper dynamic events scaling system. Just adding more and more and more and more and more and more mobs to spawn when more players comes around is not fun and exciting. I'd expect different mechanics, skills, behaviour etc. Well it's still only 5 months old game, we have to wait and see what future brings ;)

• magecumagecu Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

For me Guild Wars 2 biggest problem is: Too easy and fast max out character. You can level your character in week (my avarage time was 40-45 hours) and few more days to obtain best armor availible. I think (personaly) leveling should take ATLEAT month or more and maxing out/gearing your character should take several months/years. Now all players do is level up one character and 2 weeks laters another one, again and again ... NOT FUn

Why todays mmorpg let you have your character leveled in week and maxed out in another week? I dont see another reason than just please casual players and for me it makes the game not fun at all. So I last just few months. Sadly

Man I did level 7x 80 lvl and after crafting those 2 legendaries (Juggernaut, Predator) I just quit .. waste of time

P.S.: 1550 hours played... didnt play for month

BTW

1550hrs of play would get you over an average of 10hrs of play time per day (since the release of the game and if we take in account one month of not playing).

That's a 72+ hour work week, over the legal limit for a job.

I mean that's quite a statement of devotion to GW2. You easily surpass professional players of games like Starcraft and other pro-sport games.

But we also have to admit that any game tailored for this kind of players would be completely inaccessible to most normal players and I include here "hardcore" players that devote more than two hours each day to the game.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Open world PVP is quite pointless in themepark MMOs, you just kill other players just for sake of doing it and some lolz if you rez point camping.

If I want my PVP kick I reactive my EVE accounts and fool around with my alt pirate, atleast there I get something out of it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Open world PVP is quite pointless in themepark MMOs, you just kill other players just for sake of doing it and some lolz if you rez point camping.

If I want my PVP kick I reactive my EVE accounts and fool around with my alt pirate, atleast there I get something out of it.

Let's hope World of Darkness will be at least as good as EvE Online ;)

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

Well, your opinion is wrong OP

The problem is lack of choice. You cant choose your skill bar. You cant find groups easily. You get gear-locked. You cant play Inquest (their motives are so much better than any other's)  and for you you cant pvp where you want. Others have to WvW to get cartographer.

Simply put: Players dont like themeparks.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Quite the contrary, OP.  They completely designed their open world event system on the premise that there would be no world pvp.  Any illusions you have that the game somehow originally meant to include open world pvp are purely fabrications of your own imagination.  
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

Well, your opinion is wrong OP

The problem is lack of choice. You cant choose your skill bar. You cant find groups easily. You get gear-locked. You cant play Inquest (their motives are so much better than any other's)  and for you you cant pvp where you want. Others have to WvW to get cartographer.

Simply put: Players dont like themeparks.

Don't speak for all, i like themeparks.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by shiner421

There is a reason for that. Nearly Every single FFA Pvp centric game has failed. Miserably. Reason for that is: greifers! Greifers are why I refuse to play ANY kind of Pvp. I will go the rest of my natural life without ever playing pvp. and if all future video games were to go the route of pvp (in any form) only (no pve) then I would quit video games altogether.

Exactly same here and hopefully have answered with this also to OP. :-)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

think the DE system would be a horrible mess with owpvp.. also with the lore and how the story is setup it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense overall.

Yep, pretty much this.

That being said, they can always introduce more maps where PvP would make sense, like the faction based maps that Guild Wars: Factions had with territory control.

But FFA open world PvP will pretty much never happen, if thats what you need then you should move on.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    i would like to see GW2 with 3 factions and not WxWxW (aka serverxserverxserver), it takes lot of lore away to the game, but ffa pvp sux in any game so that would be not an improve.