Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 update 65.5 - Feb 26, includes bag sorting

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://eq2wire.com/2013/02/22/bag-sorting-inventory-features-coming-february-26th/

Terrogaunt: At the time of writing this there are 14 different filters in the Bag Options window, but we can easily add more as players request them. These currently include:

• Adornments
  • Armor
  • Attunement (on equipment)
  • Baubles
  • Cloaks
  • Collection Items (or shinies)
  • Harvests
  • House items
  • Jewelry ( rings, charms, etc )
  • Misc ( those various items that might not perform a great enough or common enough function or purpose to designate their own item type )
  • Poisons
  • Potions
  • Quest Items
  • Weapons

Dexella: How can bag sorting benefit the players?

Terrogaunt: Bag sorting just makes so much sense in a game where you can have over 200 items in your bags after you finish running through a zone or two. I put off going back to the vendor until the very last second, so it’s nice to have the items I want to throw on the broker in one section of my inventory and all of the vendor trash in another. I can only imagine it will also help in situations like when new players get the overflowing inventory message and when a more seasoned player is using the “double click to sell” from bag option. Combine the on-press item relocation with the auto-allocation on looting and you’ve got an almost completely autonomous inventory management system. I can only hope that it proves to be as useful to everyone else!

=======================================

other features of 65.5 were mentioned in the producer letter

http://eq2wire.com/2013/02/05/producers-letter-game-update-65-5-brings-new-x2-x4-raids/

new velious content will be forthcoming later in the year with GU66

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

omg ezmode hand holding in my day we opened our bags one at a time, uphill both ways through the grey items, and we were grateful to have them

(Sorry, just could not resist...I always enjoy the little QOL changes.)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by Icewhite

omg ezmode hand holding in my day we opened our bags one at a time, uphill both ways through the grey items, and we were grateful to have them

You forgot to mention we had to drag our items to equip them. Today's younger generations just right-click their items and except them to magically be equpped, while we had to drag them out from huge piles of grey items just to be able to equip them. Then we had to place them under all the grey items again if we ever wanted to unequip.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Yeah and back in the day we had these things called stats that actually effected your character. Things like strength increasing melee damage, wisdom increasing mana pool, and dex effecting crit chance. it was just too much and way too hard! good thing EQ2 and SOE did away with all that and now all we have to do is worry about power and health stats and  of course how many bag filters we need!

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

You forgot barefoot.

But yeah this is definately a nice upgrade.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by winter

Yeah and back in the day we had these things called stats that actually effected your character. Things like strength increasing melee damage, wisdom increasing mana pool, and dex effecting crit chance. it was just too much and way too hard! good thing EQ2 and SOE did away with all that and now all we have to do is worry about power and health stats and  of course how many bag filters we need!

While I didnt like the core stat changes, one thing EQ2 definitely doesnt suffer from is lack of stats.

Bag sort is awesome and should be standard in MMOs.  I used a WoW addon that did something similar, and that game lets you hold like 4 things total.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Oh, you had bags.  Pure luxury.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Hahaha, this thread is full of win, especially the Monty Python video.

I am so glad to have bag sorting and will save me 15 minutes or more looking for one wee item in my 40+ slot bags.

Edit - since my main is a fae conjuror, I am sort of glad they removed encumbrance.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Had to traverse The Great Devide on foot without a flying mount with small bags

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

since my main is a fae conjuror, I am sort of glad they removed encumbrance.

i remember when mentoring below level 20

i couldnt move unless i banked first