Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The GamePlay Must Be Like Skyrim!

This game needs to be very skill based, blocking and shields with a first person and third person view. Aiming should be like an FPS for Mages. I wanna feel the bloody intensity of war and combat, no bubble gum junk like WoW, never has an MMO been able to simulate the intensity of ancient warefare with the fantasy stuff added in. Sadly, I doubt it will have gameplay like Skyrim. Even if the gameplay is not like Skyrim, I hope it has a first person view where you can see your weapon and aiming with mage abilities that would be like an fps. 

Comments

• erkzulerkzul Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Imperator101
    This game needs to be very skill based, blocking and shields with a first person and third person view. Aiming should be like an FPS for Mages. I wanna feel the bloody intensity of war and combat, no bubble gum junk like WoW, never has an MMO been able to simulate the intensity of ancient warefare with the fantasy stuff added in. Sadly, I doubt it will have gameplay like Skyrim. Even if the gameplay is not like Skyrim, I hope it has a first person view where you can see your weapon and aiming with mage abilities that would be like an fps. 

I think you might want to check out http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by erkzul
    Originally posted by Imperator101 This game needs to be very skill based, blocking and shields with a first person and third person view. Aiming should be like an FPS for Mages. I wanna feel the bloody intensity of war and combat, no bubble gum junk like WoW, never has an MMO been able to simulate the intensity of ancient warefare with the fantasy stuff added in. Sadly, I doubt it will have gameplay like Skyrim. Even if the gameplay is not like Skyrim, I hope it has a first person view where you can see your weapon and aiming with mage abilities that would be like an fps. 

Oh yea man, its gonna be so like Skyrim! I LOLed though...good one.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I think you missed the part where this is more or less DAOC 2 not Skyrim Online.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Some of you want to kill the game huh?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Bahamut231Bahamut231 Member Posts: 50

There is nothing exciting about skyrim sorry, its all just very spammy and dumbed down, mark jacobs wants this game to be more tactical and less spammy, and i would take a tab target system over a button masher anyday

Daoc was a tab tageting game and is revered as the best PvP game of all time, i have yet to see one of these terrible button mashing fps/hack and slash mmos even come close to claiming that title, tab targeting just does tactical RVR better

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Bahamut231

There is nothing exciting about skyrim sorry, its all just very spammy and dumbed down, mark jacobs wants this game to be more tactical and less spammy, and i would take a tab target system over a button masher anyday

Daoc was a tab tageting game and is revered as the best PvP game of all time, i have yet to see one of these terrible button mashing fps/hack and slash mmos even come close to claiming that title, tab targeting just does tactical RVR better

DAoC still exists you know...but theres not exactly a lot of people still playing. The best PvP game of all time, with no players.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Bahamut231

DAoC still exists you know...but theres not exactly a lot of people still playing. The best PvP game of all time, with no players.

So the best sandbox of all time went belly up for lack of a playerbase (SWG).

Things get old and we all want to experience something new and exciting, its the reason why Apple makes an iPhone 5 1 year after the 4 or why EA makes Madden NFL every year. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

This guy is just goofing off.  I think he just put this on here to get a reaction out of all of us.  Lets stop posting on this thread or close it out as of now. 

A.  We already have a thread going about this type of FPS vs. Tab targetting like DAOC.

B.  I think if you want this game to be like Skyrim, as another poster pointed out, well you could just play Skyrim and get your FPS type thoughts away from our game hah

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

I wasnt too happy with the combat system of Skyrim. Or perhaps it was just the game in general. It just seemed like there was so much they could have done better. 

While there were parts that I havent seen better, it really annoyed me that I couldnt cast spells if I had a shield equipped, being unable to block while dual wielding or using a weapon and a spell. You can only block if your left had is empty or you use a shield or two-handed weapon.

Or the whole pause game to go into inventory to drink potions.. It just screams that the game is optimized for a console controller and not a keyboard  and a mouse.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

The better question could be, why would you want to PC game to play like a console game?

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    I agree with time007. This has to be a joke/troll post. There are some good things going on in the Elder Scrolls games, but the combat has never been one of them. Ever. EvAr.

Nicely done, though. I had a laugh :)
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

I actually hated skyrim's melee combat, it felt clunky and awkward.  I actually uninstalled the game twice within an hour of playing it.  (yes I went back later to try and get past the combat)  I understand it's supost to be realistic, and viceral; but to me it feels clunky.  I don't really feel like I'm conected to the characters motions.  Unlike combat in gw2 or tera.  Where I feel much more connected to my character.

I don't mind the blocking mechanic, and I actually really enjoyed the block, attack, feint mechanic in Age of Wushu.  So I have no problem with that mechanic at all.  Just don't want the other feeling of skyrim melee combat.

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131

I am not trolling, I have given up on most MMO's except for Planetside 2. The Fantasy genre is a complete joke, after playing WoW, Guild Wars 1 and Perfect World, I got bored of them all quickly. The same old point and click mechanics and fanboyism rampant on this post is pathetic. They need a truly innovative MMO, first person view and skill based gameplay, only armor abilities/magic abilities would give you an edge. 

Look at the failure DarkFall Unholy Wars will become, look at their first game, it looks very unrealistic to. What I liked about Skyrim is it was not a bunch of people jumping around like idiots with no realism at all. It was up close and personal while feeling very intense. Perhaps the kick starter won't even go through, there is always that space game to play!

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

It's so sad to see people referring to any Elder Scrolls game as "good" combat.

Hasn't anybody played an actual skill based combat game like Mount & Blade? Or do most people get turned off because they get slaughtered at the second they have to remotely think about blocking/parrying/attacking IN A DIRECTION?

Slashslashslashslashslashslashslashscrolls

I would prefer neither combat style be put into CU honestly.

Age of Chilvary, Skyrim has great gameplay. If you guys wanna play the stereotypical way then fine, have fun with that crap. With FPS style sword and shield blocking you are improving hand eye coordination a lot more, I rather play with skill and not the standard pathetic way most MMO fantasy games are played like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVcISyZtYc

Maybe Skyrims sword fighting plays more like a simulation. TERA looks stupid and unrealistic compared to skyrim, I don't know how you can compare both of them. Skyrim actually looks closer to how a real man with a sword would fight. Guild Wars 2 is more point and click BS.

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I hope it's nothing like Skyrim combat wise. Skyrim combat bores me to tears.
  • StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    I enjoy the magic/range combat in Skyrim, but melee combat leaves  a LOT to be desired, it's very basic and bare bones, not a lot of depth to it.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Some of you want to kill the game huh?

I think i just saw 4 guys on horses flying across the skyline..... End of the world when i read a post by MMOexposed thats not a troll or soemthing i strongly disagree with.

Kudos.

Lolipops !

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by erkzul

haha good one, i needed that before i went to bed.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293

haha, non of that wil be ingame wich is exactly the reason I pass on this game and won't even try it. Even though I'm a huge fan  of the Elder Scrolls games.

Yea this game will be a joke because of hardcore fanboys, the MMO fantasy genre never tries to innovate. Just a bunch of Left brain oriented nerds who can't innovate. Take it as an insult but I am left brain oriented myself and already said what should be done for this game to stand out.  When I get a gaming computer I will try out planetside 2 even though I have some problems with that game already, it will be more fun then this pile of crap.

Hope the kickstarter fails. 

Elder Scrolls Online is nothing but a theme park piece of junk with region restrictions along with pvp restrictions.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    A proper action combat system like Mount and blade would be awesome... but i would still play a pvp only tab target game, i just think it would be better with a proper combat system in place..
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Things get old and we all want to experience something new and exciting, its the reason why Apple makes an iPhone 5 1 year after the 4 or why EA makes Madden NFL every year. 

I think you might find that is done to make idiots spend lots of money on the new shinny even though there is nothing wrong with the last version. And there are a lot of idiots in the world which is why Apple are making lots of money.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

An MMO based on Skyrim would wipe the floor with most current and near future MMOs. Unfourtunately not even an MMO like Elder Scrolls Online will be like Skyrim so sadly we wont be seeing a game like Skyrim Online anytime soon.