Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV will be the game of 2013 my bet!

bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153

Why?

Well just the fact that they had a disaster with the original and pulled it down to rework the entire game says a lot about square mentality. There history with this title has been inpressive except for the FFXIV original.

So this will make or break them in mmo world and have a lot to lose if they fail again.

My tip is they wont and will be the game of the year especially being elder scrolls went the doac way and neverwinter the f2p way. Many like me will be more then willing to pay a monthly sub to explore and entire world as well as all the other goodies square enix is capable of..

Wish hem the best of luck and sucess in this ballsy revamp and taking responsibility of making a fail mmo right..

Comments

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

No.

Reason: Subscription Model

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by kartana

No.

We get it, you don't want to pay a subscription.

Everyone has their opinions.

I don't want a game that has to mass appeal to millions of "free" players in the hopes that enough of them will buy a "shiny hat of patheticness" in order to produce content I as a player am likely to be knickle and dimed for.

Subscription models do just fine at producing quality content.  Look at HBO.  In fact they do well because they are subscription based.  This frees them from having to cast a broad, cheap net, to lure in suckers.  People subscribe (or don't) because they like the game and the direction it is headed in.  There is not one single F2P or B2P game that is decent and going in a "good direction" (my opinion).

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i hope its a great game I really haven't truely enjoyed a FF game since FFX

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

No.

You see bad, I see a plus....

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

YES.

Reason: Subscription model / Awesome graphics / Gameplay / Longetivity / Not typical casual-friendly western MMORPG / Final Fantasy / Naoki Yoshida as a producer and director / More and More and More :)

Few days ago I spent around 14+ hours reading and watching all developers videos, blogs,  etc.. just everything and I was thrilled !

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is something I am looking forward to.. A LOT. I wasnt this excited for years and cant find to find new mmorpg home, for years !

I am sure there are going to be haters, complains, trolls .. but there are EVERYWHERE so it means absolutely nothing

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85

No.

No.

Reason : has the worst combat system of any MMO to date.

Thought, FF14 was hated by those FF11 players? But serioursly... the combat is "meh" to say the least.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Hope it's a great game but i wont be playing it due to subscription fee

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by bugmeno

No.

No.

Reason : has the worst combat system of any MMO to date.

Thought, FF14 was hated by those FF11 players? But serioursly... the combat is "meh" to say the least.

But then you are a GW2 and Tera player focused on PvP (based on your posts).  You dislike tab targetting and are looking for an "action combat" system.  Also you coined the expression GPS (ganks/griefs per second) in a manner that suggests you like ganking/griefing people.

Perhaps the fact that this game is not for you and others with a similar mindset is a positive for some people.

But then you are a GW2 and Tera player focused on PvP (based on your posts).  You dislike tab targetting and are looking for an "action combat" system.  Also you coined the expression GPS (ganks/griefs per second) in a manner that suggests you like ganking/griefing people.

Perhaps the fact that this game is not for you and others with a similar mindset is a positive for some people.

Agreed !!

I just hope Final Fantasy XIV: ARR wont try to cater to every possible kind of players ending up listening to vocal playerbase of casuals, fans of dumped down, simple casual friendly mmorpgs. I HOPE NA/EU feedback etc. wont be as important for them like Asian one. Because major NA/EU players loves these dumped down copies of wow.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    P2P is not dying I hate to break it to you cheap people. I am glad I will not be seeing you in game.  $15 a month is peanuts even if you have a minimum wage job. Get over it.
    Originally posted by Waldoe
    P2P is not dying I hate to break it to you cheap people. I am glad I will not be seeing you in game.  $15 a month is peanuts even if you have a minimum wage job. Get over it.

i agree $15 is not much at all.. although for me i'm glad the shift is going towards B2P/F2P for a lot of games for the simple fact I can play numerous games at once which I like to do.. i can easily afford maybe 1 or 2 sub games but 4 or so would be pushing it.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

i agree $15 is not much at all.. although for me i'm glad the shift is going towards B2P/F2P for a lot of games for the simple fact I can play numerous games at once which I like to do.. i can easily afford maybe 1 or 2 sub games but 4 or so would be pushing it.. 

I dont play several MMORPGs at once EVER. Not because there are B2P or P2P or whatever. But because staying competetive you have to dedicate all the time you have for the games just to this one :) Yea I dont play MMORPGs for just ''fun'' and I dont settle with avarage. And I dont even enjoy playing more games at once, ever.. For instance, while I was playing Guild Wars 2, I played like single Dota 2 match once a month even tho I had 1000+ hours played in Guild Wars 2. Sadly after that long time I realized GW 2 is not for me, its just too simple, leveling is tooooo fast, maxing out character and obtaining best gear is almost instant and I am that kind of players that rely on maxing out character as much as he can but it has to be HARD and take long time and big dedication.

I am sure if Final Fantasy XIV: ARR will be what I hope I wont touch another game for years :)

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

No time for more than 1 or 2 with work and family now a days. No more gaming 24/7 like I did in college, but still as into gaming as ever.

No time for more than 1 or 2 with work and family now a days. No more gaming 24/7 like I did in college, but still as into gaming as ever.

i have family.. 2 kids and all that.. but still i never only play a single game.. so many games offer so many differn't things.. hardly is there ever a game that hits EVERY note that I look for in a game.. thats why I always play several but also its why I never blow through content and even a "casual" mmo can last me a very long time

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    I LOVE the B2P player there so smart that they can in one month spend anywhere from 20$ up to 200$ just for gear that in 2 weeks you wont use , or items , or buy gold . Where a Smarter player LOVES Sub fee . Its always the same fee and you can have ANYTHING in game at anytime you just have to go get it. Its the difference really in the entitled person who thinks ill just buy it and its mine why should i have to earn anything . And the Hard working person who says i cant wait to go get this gear , hope the fight is epic and that person earns there gear. A B2P player will spend more in a year then a Sub Player will and a B2P player tends to leave the game sooner because there bored with the game faster because they dident work for anything . Now back to the OP statment i think FFXIV:ARR will have a run for its money Vs Elder Scrolls Online just sayin

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350

No.

This is the exact reason I will be giving it a shot. subscription games tend to have a higher quality playerbase than the P2W games.

Originally posted by DarknessReign
    I LOVE the B2P player there so smart that they can in one month spend anywhere from 20$ up to 200$ just for gear that in 2 weeks you wont use , or items , or buy gold . Where a Smarter player LOVES Sub fee . Its always the same fee and you can have ANYTHING in game at anytime you just have to go get it. Its the difference really in the entitled person who thinks ill just but it and its mine . And the Hard working person who says i cant wait to go get this gear , hope the fight is epic and that person earns there gear. A B2P player will spend more in a year then a Sub Player.  That or there to cheep to buy anything and just want to play the game for free because there cheap . Now back to the OP statment i think FFXIV:ARR will have a run for its money Vs Elder Scrolls Online just sayin

odd as most sub games I have played still offered exclusive items you were required to spend money on if you wanted them.. usually always cosmetic but still... don't even want to think on how much a spent on wow and just server transfers

I LOVE the B2P player there so smart that they can in one month spend anywhere from 20$ up to 200$ just for gear that in 2 weeks you wont use , or items , or buy gold . Where a Smarter player LOVES Sub fee . Its always the same fee and you can have ANYTHING in game at anytime you just have to go get it. Its the difference really in the entitled person who thinks ill just buy it and its mine . And the Hard working person who says i cant wait to go get this gear , hope the fight is epic and that person earns there gear. A B2P player will spend more in a year then a Sub Player.  That or there to cheep to buy anything and just want to play the game for free because there cheap . Now back to the OP statment i think FFXIV:ARR will have a run for its money Vs Elder Scrolls Online just sayin

odd as most sub games I have played still offered exclusive items you were required to spend money on if you wanted them.. usually always cosmetic but still... don't even want to think on how much a spent on wow and just server transfers

The difference is your talking WoW this is FF and Square Enix not Blizzard. I do not remember FFXI having to buy anything extra at all . Other then Exp. Packs .

I LOVE the B2P player there so smart that they can in one month spend anywhere from 20$ up to 200$ just for gear that in 2 weeks you wont use , or items , or buy gold . Where a Smarter player LOVES Sub fee . Its always the same fee and you can have ANYTHING in game at anytime you just have to go get it. Its the difference really in the entitled person who thinks ill just buy it and its mine . And the Hard working person who says i cant wait to go get this gear , hope the fight is epic and that person earns there gear. A B2P player will spend more in a year then a Sub Player.  That or there to cheep to buy anything and just want to play the game for free because there cheap . Now back to the OP statment i think FFXIV:ARR will have a run for its money Vs Elder Scrolls Online just sayin

The difference is your talking WoW this is FF and Square Enix not Blizzard. I do not remember FFXI having to buy anything extra at all . Other then Exp. Packs .

doesn't FFXI have battle area add-ons and add-on scenarios that require money to play on TOP of the expansions and the sub fee?

doesn't FFXI have battle area add-ons and add-on scenarios that require money to play on TOP of the expansions and the sub fee?

yes but i concider them Exp. Packs you pay to buy the Pack thats it, you still have to do the missions in the pack nothing is givin to you.

yes but i concider them Exp. Packs you pay to buy the Pack thats it, you still have to do the missions in the pack nothing is givin to you.

yes but its still extra content they are putting out and requiring you to pay for.. i understand full expansions but mission packs? for a B2P game I understand but why on a monthly sub game? 

again i don't mind at all paying monthly for a MMO but i'm not going to pretend P2P games haven't been playing the nickel and dime game on its subscribers.

• GamingGeekGamingGeek Member Posts: 10

i don't mind paying a monthly sub for games personally but I'm not going to pretend P2P games haven't been playing the  nickel and dime game on its players since... forever..

They're Adventure Packs, basically mini-expansions with a single, focused storyline. New battles, storylines, cut-scenes, boss fights, items, etc.

I think SE was experimenting with the idea of releasing things in smaller chunks for like $10 or $15 or whatever, rather than producing these massive expansions that then sell for $40 or whatever. Same with Abyssea, which brought with it quite a bit of new content, story arcs, areas, mobs, items, etc.  They've experimented with a lot of different things with XI. Some have taken hold, some haven't. I don't  think the adventure packs did, really.

They aren't the same as cash shop items, though, and nowhere are they regarded as such. They're listed right in with FFXI's various full expansion packs.

I see that in a subsequent post, you indicate that, to you, they should just be included as part of a sub-based game. Thing is, that's your personal perspective on it based on how you choose to perceive it. That doesn't automatically make it "cash shop items". They're considered in the same category as expansions, just on a smaller scale.

Cash shop sales revolve around buying individual items, or stacks of items (potions, etc). They don't revolve around buying entire stand-alone adventures.

Also, you note having to pay for server transfers with Blizzard. Those would be considered character or account services, same as a character name change. You just get your data changed from one server to another and/or have your name changed in their character database. There's no items or anything that you receive from that; nothing that your character can use, etc. 

“Developers do not give players enough credit. And maybe even players don't give players enough credit.” - Ragnar Tørnquist

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    I know beta starts but when is it launching..again?

yes but its still extra content they are putting out and requiring you to pay for.. i understand full expansions but mission packs? for a B2P game I understand but why on a monthly sub game? 

again i don't mind at all paying monthly for a MMO but i'm not going to pretend P2P games haven't been playing the nickel and dime game on its subscribers.

example this is one of the Packs your talking about a crystalline prophecy this is the mission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ELJdy39WM it cost you an extra 10$ there were 3 stories to the set so 30 $ about the price of a Exp. Pack then after you start doing missions you fight a boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ymEPFe36w (not the music) so to me it was a exp. pack depends on how you think about it i guess

example this is one of the Packs your talking about a crystalline prophecy this is the mission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ELJdy39WM it cost you an extra 10$ there were 3 stories to the set so 30 $ about the price of a Exp. Pack then after you start doing missions you fight a boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ymEPFe36w (not the music) so to me it was a exp. pack depends on how you think about it i guess

here's another question.. why in a P2P game should a subscriber have to pay for an expansion pack at all? i played runes of magic for awhile and got all 3 expansions from them for free and never spent a dime for that game.. all I'm saying is P2P is fine I like it as it does tend to attract less asshats overall but Sub based games have been charging an arm and a leg for various services and add-ons I think should be included in the sub fee..

but no clue how FFXIV RR will work or what "extras" they will be selling.. guess well have to wait and see