Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will we be able to use xbox pads?

As we all know the game will be playable with controllers. But will it be playable with an xbox windows controller like the ones used for DCUO and the Call of Duty series on PC?

Comments

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Yes.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    You'll be able to use any gamepad you like as the keys are mappable.
  • YinlorYinlor Member Posts: 55
    Well, yeah, it's kinda the standard that PC games use gamepad-wise, who in their right mind wouldn't support it
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, it's even being released on consoles.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    I used it on 1.0, so pretty sure 2.0 will support it.
  • LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Yes and it will be added in beta phase 2. That info is not against NDA as it is shown in the timeline.

• GibocracyGibocracy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    any gamepad should be capable.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Sounds promising... but how does one go about mapping all the keys?  XBOX 360 only 12 keys to map.  Thats like two hotbars.  What about opening maps, character sheets, moving skills to the hotbar, etc.   Just seems more convoluted than it should be.

I'm a console game of 30 years who is now hooked on MMOs, perhaps thats skewing my view towards the keyboard which once I tried it I haven't looked back.  I go as far as getting the PC version of my console games now just so I can use the keyboard :-)

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Sounds promising... but how does one go about mapping all the keys?  XBOX 360 only 12 keys to map.  Thats like two hotbars.  What about opening maps, character sheets, moving skills to the hotbar, etc.   Just seems more convoluted than it should be.

I'm a console game of 30 years who is now hooked on MMOs, perhaps thats skewing my view towards the keyboard which once I tried it I haven't looked back.  I go as far as getting the PC version of my console games now just so I can use the keyboard :-)

This explains everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7kO8BTZDU

Essentially you have eight hotbar abilities mapped across the d-pad and 4 face buttons. You can then use a modifier key to access another 8. Beyond that you also have the ability to switch between several different sets of hotbars. Needless to say you will have access to all the abilities you need with relative ease.

The maps, inventory and menu systems are accessed using the remaining buttons.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

This explains everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7kO8BTZDU

Essentially you have eight hotbar abilities mapped across the d-pad and 4 face buttons. You can then use a modifier key to access another 8. Beyond that you also have the ability to switch between several different sets of hotbars. Needless to say you will have access to all the abilities you need with relative ease.

The maps, inventory and menu systems are accessed using the remaining buttons.

Thanks Alberel,

Makes sense and informative video.  It confirms I will be playing FFXIV ARR on keyboard :-)