Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Q4 results released: Worst sales $ in the history of the company

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Article can be found here: http://mmofallout.com/2013/02/21/star-vault-releases-q4-income/#comment-22332

Lowest sales since the game launched.  Biggest quarterly loss of the year.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41

I don't think anybody else finds this surprising at all.

Guess the donations aren't cutting it, eh?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Well according to the article they lost $140k in the quarter.   I think if you add up the 3 months of donations they are about $10k...

and ALL of that money was supposed to be spent on external contract work so it should have no impact on the loss whatsoever...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    It's a good job MO has loyal followers like you then, isn't it slapshot :)
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    A little bit of reading into this game steered me away from it.  I became convinced based on user reviews its P2W.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

wait someone actually even bought this game during the last quarter?

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    It keeps getting better, so much for the "population surging". image
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Well according to the article they lost $140k in the quarter. 

How does SV even have $140,000+ (plus income) in quarterly operating costs with only 2-3 part-time employees? I'm convinced Mortal Online is noting but a tax shelter for Henriks father.

Starvaults "lost" well over $1,000,000 since release, give me a break.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Well according to the article they lost $140k in the quarter. 

How does SV even have $140,000+ (plus income) in quarterly operating costs with only 2-3 part-time employees? I'm convinced Mortal Online is noting but a tax shelter for Henriks father.

Starvaults "lost" well over $1,000,000 since release, give me a break.

Okay, speculation aside (I know nothing about Hnrick or his father-) I agree... How the hell could there be $140000 loss with the amount of devs? How is that even realistic? 

I didnt expect they were making much but a loss anything seems odd since they get subs + donations and have to have a low overhead...Weird.

Originally posted by Robokapp
    f2p will save it.

Clearly image

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

"Overall, according to the report, the model has compensated for the loss of license sales and Star Vault has seen positive development in all areas."

How does less income and more loss of money than last quarter translate into above statement?  I R confused.

$72,000 USD in a quarter would translate to approximately 1600 subscribers on average AT BEST, assuming no other income other than subs, and assuming the donations don't count as income.  LOL

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

henrik responds on offical forums...

"We became today's stock company winner the minutes after we release the report, due to we went positive for the first time for a good time. The report goes back so it shows the change from going f2p, which now is very positive and been very successful.

Just to clear out any confusions looking on earlier months."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/star-vault-releases-quarter-4-income.84956/

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    The original game was flawed, horribly flawed, why would I buy inot the new one?
    Originally posted by deathshroud

henrik responds on offical forums... "We became today's stock company winner the minutes after we release the report, due to we went positive for the first time for a good time. The report goes back so it shows the change from going f2p, which now is very positive and been very successful.

Just to clear out any confusions looking on earlier months." http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/star-vault-releases-quarter-4-income.84956/

Just to shine some light on his statement... the total value of the stock trades he mentioned was about $2800...

Oh and BTW as of this moment the stock lost 20% today.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

MO is a money laundry business for henrik father

Its obvious, no company would have survived after this long 

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

"We became today's stock company winner the minutes after we release the report, due to we went positive for the first time for a good time. The report goes back so it shows the change from going f2p, which now is very positive and been very successful.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/star-vault-releases-quarter-4-income.84956/

Just to shine some light on his statement... the total value of the stock trades he mentioned was about $2800... Oh and BTW as of this moment the stock lost 20% today.

So you mean, 'thank fuck I did not buy any' ?

Yet today Starvault once again topped the daily LOSER chart. http://www.aktietorget.se/Default.aspx?Language=2

Its now back to its past 3 month average and falling.

Keep spinning Henrik...image

Yet today Starvault once again topped the daily LOSER chart. http://www.aktietorget.se/Default.aspx?Language=2

Since that link will be outdated tomorrow here is a screenshot showing what you are talking about:

And here is the stock chart:

Since that link will be outdated tomorrow here is a screenshot showing what you are talking about:

And here is the stock chart:

Good call for posterity and to show the difference between fact and fiction. image

Funny conversation in that thread as they are now doing the simple math and realizing that to break even it seems they have to double their current number of subs...

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    A little bit of reading into this game steered me away from it.  I became convinced based on user reviews its P2W.

How is it P2W?

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by RefMinor

How is it P2W?

It is pay2win because the free acount you can create has a cap on skill of 60.  This means that anyone with a paid account will out damage a free account to a massive extent, and also out sprint (movement speed and damage output being the two most important things in game).

What they could have done to make it not pay2win was simply cap the total points so a free account could have say 8 skills at 100 while a paid account could have 12 skills at 100 (as an example).  That would make it so the free account has a chance in combat, but is still not a fully fleshed out character.

Basically capping skills at 60 was shortcut so SV doesn't have to monitor free accounts.  If they allowed 100 skill free accounts they would actually have to do some work to make sure the same people weren't making free accounts over and over again.  It's sheer laziness on SV's part - so they chose the pay2win model to make it easier.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    f2p will save it.

Correction: It will save P2P games from having been in the same category as MO when it finally dies.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by psykobilly

How is it P2W?

It is pay2win because the free acount you can create has a cap on skill of 60.  This means that anyone with a paid account will out damage a free account to a massive extent, and also out sprint (movement speed and damage output being the two most important things in game).

What they could have done to make it not pay2win was simply cap the total points so a free account could have say 8 skills at 100 while a paid account could have 12 skills at 100 (as an example).  That would make it so the free account has a chance in combat, but is still not a fully fleshed out character.

Basically capping skills at 60 was shortcut so SV doesn't have to monitor free accounts.  If they allowed 100 skill free accounts they would actually have to do some work to make sure the same people weren't making free accounts over and over again.  It's sheer laziness on SV's part - so they chose the pay2win model to make it easier.

That's not P2W, that's just a free limited trial, no one subbing has an advantage over another sub.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

How is it P2W?

That's not P2W, that's just a free limited trial, no one subbing has an advantage over another sub.

Your definition of pay2win is different than mine.  If you _must_ pay to compete - that's pay2win in my book.

I can play planetside2 completely for free and get every cert in the game without ever paying a dime, making me fully able to compete in the game over the long term.  That's free2play.

In Mortal you can't touch a fraction of the games content with a free account, and can never compete with your free account.  If Mortal had a built in system to unlock more character slots and more skills as you played the game then it would be truly free to play.

Huge difference, planetside 2 does it right... Mortal fails.  

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

How is it P2W?

Your definition of pay2win is different than mine.  If you _must_ pay to compete - that's pay2win in my book.

I can play planetside2 completely for free and get every cert in the game without ever paying a dime, making me fully able to compete in the game over the long term.  That's free2play.

In Mortal you can't touch a fraction of the games content with a free account, and can never compete with your free account.  If Mortal had a built in system to unlock more character slots and more skills as you played the game then it would be truly free to play.

Huge difference, planetside 2 does it right... Mortal fails.  

It's not P2W. It's Infinit trial or pay monthly. Are you new to mmo's?

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif